Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free MMO

kilryakilrya Member Posts: 39

I'm looking for a Free MMO to play when I get bored playing my ptp mmo. Beside lotro and DDO (not planing to play those) which free mmo you guys think its fun with decent UI and mechanic. thanks for the infos....

Comments

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

Just curious, why not LoTRO. It is one of the most polished F2P MMOs out there. Aside from DDO, LoTRO and EQ2 most F2P are horrible cash shop games with grindy content.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• kilryakilrya Member Posts: 39

because i played lotro i have a life time and I'm kinda bored of it right now lol.. lotro is good but not right now.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

Originally posted by kilrya

because i played lotro i have a life time and I'm kinda bored of it right now lol.. lotro is good but not right now.

Ah, makes perfect sense. Maybe give EQ2 extended a go. It's a fairly solid game with lots to do, a massive world, tons of classes/races and it looks good.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• psyclumpsyclum Member Posts: 792

Originally posted by skeaser

Ah, makes perfect sense. Maybe give EQ2 extended a go. It's a fairly solid game with lots to do, a massive world, tons of classes/races and it looks good.

EQ/lotro arent really "free" to play:D  the restrictions they put on those free accts makes them unplayable.  2 bags for inventory space,  almost no bank space...  can only have x amount of $ etc... it's really more to give people a bad 1st impression then anything IMO:D  

there really arent too many "good" F2P games out there that actually give itself a fair chance to get the new player addicted.  in fact most of them do a pretty good job in giving new players a bad impression due to rampant gold spammer in noob area:D

• LeagolxLeagolx Member Posts: 222

I loved grand fantasia and Allods was pretty sweet to.

If your going to ban the trolls please for our sake ban the Fan Boys too.

• kalligirlkalligirl Member Posts: 8

It seems that many of the ads here offer free play. I'd just click on one of em.

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

The only FTP game I still have installed is Vindictus. I've deleted all the rest. A decent one to consider is Runes of Magic, but only if you're trying to kill time, because serious game play requires serious monetary investments.

• DatarinDatarin Member CommonPosts: 164

Originally posted by kalligirl

It seems that many of the ads here offer free play. I'd just click on one of em.

Nope. I've seen an ad for Dreamland Online and urgh, can't stand the childish art. Do your research before you start registering for every F2P MMO under the Sun.

That said, try Perfect World Online? That one's pretty much guaranteed to be a grindfest, but it's also one of the oldest F2P MMOs and fairly polished. I haven't been on it at all this year, though, so I can't hold guarantees something changed or whatnot.

Forums: The best real-time interactive MMORPG you'll ever be in.

• nedoxnedox Member Posts: 99

Allods Online seems to be good f2p games. They did meesed up in patch 1.1 put I think patch 3 is coming out now, and they probably fixed cash shop issues.

vps hosting-My VPS hosting choice || web hosting-My Web hosting blog

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I'm looking for a Free MMO to play when I get bored playing my ptp mmo. Beside lotro and DDO (not planing to play those) which free mmo you guys think its fun with decent UI and mechanic. thanks for the infos....

Runes of Magic and EQ2X are probably the best choices for you then.

Unless you count Guildwars, you actually have to buy a box to play it.

But nothing is free and you will have to buy some stuff sooner or later in any F2P MMO, unless you love farming.

• kalligirlkalligirl Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by Loke666
    But nothing is free and you will have to buy some stuff sooner or later in any F2P MMO, unless you love farming.

I completely agree with this sentiment.