Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: 2010 Awards: New Game of the Year

Comments

• drake_hounddrake_hound Member Posts: 773

Well nothing we can do , STO was 2010 most anticipated , and it turned into a pile of goo.

Worst off all lifetime sub and money shop , subscription and moneyshop

That its still up , shows that we do have money as fanbase of this genre .

But yes 2010 showed even worst then 2009 , while 2009 atleast we could vote  atleast  that made sense even if it was a dissapointment too.

But even now if they added cataclysme to the list , it would win hands down , sorry how much wow hate , against that list .

Cataclysme would win hands down , even without the fan base .

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Global Agenda, only because I respect the development company and GA has a good concept (with questionable implementation, obviously. Though the more open-world stuff they do, the better in my opinion).

• VOTE MORTAL ONLINE JUST FOR THE LOLs

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659

The game I played the most that was new ... was APB. Otherwise I stayed with what I started playing 2 years before.

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• FluxiiFluxii Member Posts: 184

GA, maybe Perp, the rest, meh

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Originally posted by rronaldraay

VOTE MORTAL ONLINE JUST FOR THE LOLs

MO needs all the help it can get.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/56433-vote-mortal.html

I win!!! LOL@U

• aithieelaithieel Member Posts: 232

All of them are crap.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

FFXIV.... too many little things set this game back in time ,rather than advancing.

GA.....Didn't like the jet pack idea and the maps were console like smallish.

Lego....kids theme,not interested.

MO......like DF a game that could have been if more work and effort was put into it,i guess INDIE devs just can't make a AAA game,without the budget.

Perpetuum....Looks like someones cheap pet project,poor looking maps,cheap little mechs running around at unrealistic speeds.Ideas copied from Eve were the worst ideas the game has,so a no go for sure.

STO....I deleted it after only 30 minutes,got bored real fast,again looked like a cheap effort from a small developer.

Vindictus.....plays and looks like  an older console game,i lasted about an hour before getting bored.

Since i wouldn't play any of these games for free,it's easy to tell what i voted...none of the above.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ReliiqueReliique Member Posts: 53

definitely  None of the above!

What a crap year for mmorpgs.. 2011 will be much better.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

Only 2 mmos i am looking forward to are archeage and infinity, my guess is archeage is a planned 2011 release and infinity is probably 2012

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• havoksrhhavoksrh Member UncommonPosts: 1

none of them

2010 was prob the worst year for mmo in the last 10 years

• Tenbwen1Tenbwen1 Member UncommonPosts: 50

I Voted Global Agenda by far the best MMOFPS i have played that has kept my interest.

I love the Merc missions never know what going to happen been playing since march.

Tenbwen

• mesmerisemesmerise Member UncommonPosts: 200

Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by maskedweasel

Nobody looks at Sweden.

Maybe you those that don't like the choices should do a write-in.  

Hey, I object to that. Not that Sweden is that neutral in reality and you probably not should listen to us, we are the same guys who had a program to get nuclear weapons for 30 years but of course didn't we get any because we are extremely dumb (and that rocket base which happens to be the largest in western Europe is just for peaceful purposes BTW).

My point anyways: Never trust someone who claims to be neutral.

When I think about neutral countires I always think about Switzerland not Sweden!

However, Loke66 I must say that Sweden trying to get nuclear weapons and having the largest rocket base in Western Europe does not make them any less neutral. Neutrality does not equal pacifist necessarily.

• PalaziousPalazious Member Posts: 162

Bad year for MMOs.  None of the above is my vote.  FFXIV and MO would have to share most disappointing.

Palazious <The Vindicators> Darkfall
    Palazious r40, rr45 SW War
    Palazious 50 Pirate PoTBS
    Palazious 35 Sorcerer Vanguard
    Palazious 75 wizard EQ
    Paladori 50 Champion LOTRO
    Poppa Reaver bugged at rank15

• AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375

None of the above , horrid year for gamers :/

And yes i did play all of them...

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

So when are we get to get to see the awwards as in who got what votes?

Right now all you can see is arrows next to the game after you vote.

It said he was going to do the awards on the 3rd and yet nothing.

• PaincakePaincake Member Posts: 139

Having the choice between a giant douche or a turd sandwich.... oh boy!

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Crap year.  I went with none of the above. 

• DiekfooDiekfoo Member Posts: 583

I voted on MO. I play it now and have lots of fun in it. Imo it's the best game on the market, even thou it still got some bugs. 

• KamahlXKamahlX Member UncommonPosts: 1

Add Cataclysm this is unfair. 

• Looking at this list makes me realize how pathetic 2010 has been for MMorpgs and how much I am looking forward to 2011 and just hoping GW2 or SWtOR pan out to be great. Absolutely wasted year for the industry with these being the picks to choose from for best game. I guess Lego Universe has actually turned out to be a fun game, but I have never played it. Kind of bad that it was the only game I could vote for with how bad the others are.

• DrFragDrFrag Member Posts: 28

Thank you for the NOTA option. Crappy developers/publishers shouldn't be able to boost their crappy product with an MMORPG.com title.

Let them advertise they were runner-up to NOTA. See how far it gets them.

• Binny45Binny45 Member UncommonPosts: 522

To the people that are positing here about being "angry" and expressing your opinion.  If your mother didn't teach you, I'm going to tell you right now, no one cares.  If the companies are making money, it doesn't mean a lick that you are on here complaining about why 2010 was a crap year.  If the companies are not making money, they shut it down and move onto something else.  It's that simple.  The days of one game ruling the roost are DONE.  There's enough games being thrown to the public that there is something for everyone, hence they make their money, you don't get what you want and the world moves on. 

You want to make a "stellar" MMO, go learn how to code, draw, and run a business and make your own game or get a group of people to do it with.  Either way, you'll see that it's not so easy to put one together, nor is is financially viable to cater to a niche market anymore.  You HAVE to have enough involved to get a large general populace buying subscriptions so you can pay your bills, your shareholders, and if there's anything left over, yourselves.  The dream of the  Ultimate MMO Full of Teh Win and Internets is long dead.  Get over it.  The sooner you do, the sooner you'll be happier and move on with your life.

I'd be interested in seeing how many people actually tried playing these games before saying "what a crap list' it is.  We'll never know as there is no way to prove it, but I've never seen such whining in all my life, and it's all instigated by the NOTA option.  Thank you MMORPG.com for stooping to the lowest rail of the social ladder here.  I've always thought highly of your site as THE place to go for MMO information, but this is downright unprofessional.  If I were a game developer I'd pull any money I had with you based on this immature BS.  Pick a game of the year, if you don't agree with the choices then shut up, don't  vote and go cry in the corner.  I could care less how angry you are.

Again, putting the NOTA option here is troll bait, something that I believe is against forum rules here and should be dealt with.

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571

Originally posted by KamahlX

Add Cataclysm this is unfair. 

Cata isn't a new MMO, it's an expansion to a 6 yr old MMO. No way can it be included.

• BrialynBrialyn Member Posts: 184

Thanks for the none of the above option.  Sadly my hopes for FFXIV were dashed at beta.  Nothing in the list has done anything to make me want to play it. 

Currently Playing: FFXIV:ARR
    Looking Forward to: Wildstar