Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: 2010 Awards: Most Anticipated

Comments

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Tor for the simple fact I'm, a SW fanboi with GW2 a close run 2nd have some interest in tera but superhero games are not my thing and well um RIFT I can't help but feel played it 4 times before.

• IllidandarkIllidandark Member Posts: 1

GW2 ftw!~ no doubt bout it! XD

• kingtommyboykingtommyboy Member Posts: 543

easy one, GuildWars2 :-D!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    waiting for ... nothing..

• x3SoloTalentx3SoloTalent Member Posts: 1

im asking myself where u found that 2h gameplay video?

• DubhlaithDubhlaith Member Posts: 1,012

It is rather sad when only one of those games is even remotely interesting.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true — you know it, and they know it." —Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

WTF? No subscription fee?

• radwan666radwan666 Member Posts: 31

My vote is for Guild Wars 2. Not only for the not-subscription pay model. GW2 has great graphics, a very developed and deep lore, and It seems like GW2 is fun everywhere, not only in PvE, the PvP promises to be good too.

Carpe Diem

• blindside044blindside044 Member Posts: 250

Rift - easily the most overhyped MMO. It's very generic (yes, i've played it)... and a lot of people will still play it... and then wonder why devs still make generic mmos... when they continue playing them...

GW2 - overhyped, but still awesome (yes, i've played it)

TERA - easily the most underhyped MMO. Was not interested in this game at all but played this at PAX and was instantly hooked (actually was booted off the demo machine cause I was playing too long :P) VERY addicting combat.

DCOU - played, meh

SWTOR - played, very meh. This game will be a huge flop, I predict.

• XercoXerco Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by blindside044

Rift - easily the most overhyped MMO. It's very generic (yes, i've played it)... and a lot of people will still play it... and then wonder why devs still make generic mmos... when they continue playing them...

GW2 - overhyped, but still awesome (yes, i've played it)

TERA - easily the most underhyped MMO. Was not interested in this game at all but played this at PAX and was instantly hooked (actually was booted off the demo machine cause I was playing too long :P) VERY addicting combat.

DCOU - played, meh

SWTOR - played, very meh. This game will be a huge flop, I predict.

yah i played them all too... 

GW2 Best game. ever.

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by jcsadone

Originally posted by Yuui

These games certainly do not hold any interest to me due to the fact that they are JUST machines

TERA - we get bombarded with supposedly "relevant" news info and posts on how awesome it will be, but so far the only real feature it seems ot have is non-targeting combat. Otherwise its just prettier aion or any other <insertyourgrindgamehere>. Now it would all still be good if it was f2p, but  its p2p game(published by heinious and horrible frogster in europe, so europeans are yet again screwed) and a p2p game with huge multi-million investments and budgets and bills reaching almost a billion dollars.  Now where did i hear already about a hyped p2p game with huge budget and too much hype? Oh right, apb.. II predict a huge disappointment from the community once the game is released. Maybe it will go f2p in few years but it will certainly won't get a huge market share.

Star Wars: The Old Republic  - everything I said about TERA still holds true, except that the combat is utterly weak in this one. I will admit, I had a HUGE hopes when it was anounced that third kotor saga part will be a mmo. However after that all I saw was a hype and disappointing little bits of actual information(from story to gameplay). The hype is dangerous for this one. Of course since its Bioware, it might get overrated and praised like fps effect II, but IMO that won't be the case. The game has nothing innotive nor interesting. The core essence of what made KOTOR great is gone and we have yet another rvr game with focus on pve And the only feature that is fully advertised is voice acting?  The whole info suppresion, the fired employee blog, the lack of actual info and too much hype leads me to believe that people will be either hugely disappointed with this or will try to justify  on why it did not achieve anything significant or why it is undeserving to be a part of kotor awesomeness.

Guild Wars II - well, this still has its hype, but its managed and controlled (unlike TOR or TERA). However all I see so far is guild wars 1 with better graphics. None of the mistakes guild wars made are fixed, sadly.

DC Universe Online - sadly so far it seems that the champions online situation will repeat itself, game will stumble around for a year or so only to go f2p afterward.

Rift - now this has a lot of hype, but the actual info leaks and bits somewhat justify it. The rift dynamics sound interesting and the multiclass system as well. I certainly hope it won't be just another grind to play as it has all the elements of good old school mmorpg in its development, which i like.

Overall, while of this list I will choose Rift, that is certainly NOT my most awaited mmorpg.  It goes somewhat like this:

1. Secret World

2. ArcheAge

3. Faxion

4. Rift.

About Your opinon on Guild Wars II - there is only few things from first part. Everything from mechanics, the way world works, gameplay (You can't even use same movment system that was in first GW). So either You don't know anything about GW, or You don't know anything about GW2. There is no other option Dude. I could understand if You call "Old Republic" a WoW with public quests from WaR, but hey... GW2 GW with better graphics? Seriously?!

as far as I understand, GW II is still an instance-based game. Pretty much a co-op singleplayer game, which is sad, at least for me, because it takes away from the immersion.

Now if GW II actually had at least a bit more persistence, the features they announced would be interesting.

The worldvsworld feature seems nice, but when you think about it, its just an expanded feature that was in gw1, just increased in the playercount.  Its also disappointing that the game still goes on with classes - it could benefit a whole lot more if it did not limit players into a class.

So yeh its not "just guildwars with new graphics". its guild wars remix. The devs took the current formulla, remixed everything and added new features and named it GWII. Now I would praise them if this was singleplayer game(blizzard for example should have done this with diablo III, instead of making it into entirelly different game from dII), but this is a mmorpg. And I expected devs to fix the mistakes (lack of persistence) and to bring something seriously new, but so far everything points to "hey lets take an idea of guild wars, write a new story and add new graphics". I certainly hope that I am wrong - GW1 was a decent game, despite its utter lack of persistence.

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• arayasourenarayasouren Member Posts: 5

What the hell are you talking about ?!?

GW2 is open world it's not instanced!

Have you even read about it or watched ANY video?!

• XercoXerco Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by jcsadone

These games certainly do not hold any interest to me due to the fact that they are JUST machines

TERA - we get bombarded with supposedly "relevant" news info and posts on how awesome it will be, but so far the only real feature it seems ot have is non-targeting combat. Otherwise its just prettier aion or any other . Now it would all still be good if it was f2p, but  its p2p game(published by heinious and horrible frogster in europe, so europeans are yet again screwed) and a p2p game with huge multi-million investments and budgets and bills reaching almost a billion dollars.  Now where did i hear already about a hyped p2p game with huge budget and too much hype? Oh right, apb.. II predict a huge disappointment from the community once the game is released. Maybe it will go f2p in few years but it will certainly won't get a huge market share.

Star Wars: The Old Republic  - everything I said about TERA still holds true, except that the combat is utterly weak in this one. I will admit, I had a HUGE hopes when it was anounced that third kotor saga part will be a mmo. However after that all I saw was a hype and disappointing little bits of actual information(from story to gameplay). The hype is dangerous for this one. Of course since its Bioware, it might get overrated and praised like fps effect II, but IMO that won't be the case. The game has nothing innotive nor interesting. The core essence of what made KOTOR great is gone and we have yet another rvr game with focus on pve And the only feature that is fully advertised is voice acting?  The whole info suppresion, the fired employee blog, the lack of actual info and too much hype leads me to believe that people will be either hugely disappointed with this or will try to justify  on why it did not achieve anything significant or why it is undeserving to be a part of kotor awesomeness.

Guild Wars II - well, this still has its hype, but its managed and controlled (unlike TOR or TERA). However all I see so far is guild wars 1 with better graphics. None of the mistakes guild wars made are fixed, sadly.

DC Universe Online - sadly so far it seems that the champions online situation will repeat itself, game will stumble around for a year or so only to go f2p afterward.

Rift - now this has a lot of hype, but the actual info leaks and bits somewhat justify it. The rift dynamics sound interesting and the multiclass system as well. I certainly hope it won't be just another grind to play as it has all the elements of good old school mmorpg in its development, which i like.

Overall, while of this list I will choose Rift, that is certainly NOT my most awaited mmorpg.  It goes somewhat like this:

1. Secret World

2. ArcheAge

3. Faxion

4. Rift.

About Your opinon on Guild Wars II - there is only few things from first part. Everything from mechanics, the way world works, gameplay (You can't even use same movment system that was in first GW). So either You don't know anything about GW, or You don't know anything about GW2. There is no other option Dude. I could understand if You call "Old Republic" a WoW with public quests from WaR, but hey... GW2 GW with better graphics? Seriously?!

as far as I understand, GW II is still an instance-based game. Pretty much a co-op singleplayer game, which is sad, at least for me, because it takes away from the immersion.

Now if GW II actually had at least a bit more persistence, the features they announced would be interesting.

The worldvsworld feature seems nice, but when you think about it, its just an expanded feature that was in gw1, just increased in the playercount.  Its also disappointing that the game still goes on with classes - it could benefit a whole lot more if it did not limit players into a class.

So yeh its not "just guildwars with new graphics". its guild wars remix. The devs took the current formulla, remixed everything and added new features and named it GWII. Now I would praise them if this was singleplayer game(blizzard for example should have done this with diablo III, instead of making it into entirelly different game from dII), but this is a mmorpg. And I expected devs to fix the mistakes (lack of persistence) and to bring something seriously new, but so far everything points to "hey lets take an idea of guild wars, write a new story and add new graphics". I certainly hope that I am wrong - GW1 was a decent game, despite its utter lack of persistence.

Its a persistant world, the only instanced areas are dungeons and the mists (WvW), just by your few posts you obviously have a massive lack in knowledge of Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2...

• DaitenguDaitengu Member Posts: 442

The only game I'm really jivin' for is Blade & Soul. but it's not on the list so I have to abstain.

• GorlockalliaGorlockallia Member Posts: 1

Guild Wars 2 is the cynosure of my eyes. I really do hope it wins.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Originally posted by skoupidi

Originally posted by DevilXaphan

Originally posted by skoupidi

Why isn't there a Bade and Soul option ? image

Because it's out in 2012.

NCsoft had announced via its financial report from last September that Blade and Soul and Guild Wars 2 would meet the public in 2011. Now Blade and Soul has been scheduled to launch its closed beta test earlier than Guild Wars 2.

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2010-02-08/blade_and_soul_closed_beta_in_the_first_half_of_2010,1.shtml

http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/11/19/g-star-2010-hands-on-with-blade-and-soul/

At Gstar the developer said MMOsite was carrying misinformation and NCsoft was just giving GW2 and B&S more leeway.

This is not a game.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

what? no archeage? none of those above game appeal to me.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• IngeK5IngeK5 Member Posts: 1

Guild Wars 2, like duh!

• cali59cali59 Member Posts: 1,634

There still seems to be a lot of misinformation about GW2.  Here are some links that I think really capture what it's about.

The GW2 site (duh).  Play the manifesto video.  There's some excellent pages in The Game section at the top as well, especially the Combat articles.

The gametrailers page.  The human walkthrough videos are all gameplay from the demo.  Part 8 is pretty awesome.

A presenation on designing dynamic events.  40 minute presentation followed by 30 minutes of Q&A.

I want all games to succeed because the more competition there is, the better games have to be to survive.  I welcome people to post links showing why they think the game they like is number 1.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true – you know it, and they know it." -Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

• cali59cali59 Member Posts: 1,634

Sorry, I posted the wrong link on the presentation and apparently I can't edit.  Here it is.  Sorry

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true – you know it, and they know it." -Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

• TyrantasTyrantas Member UncommonPosts: 369

Voted GW2, if it will have comeptetive pvp it's a winner already for me of that one fact alone.

Originally posted by x3SoloTalent

im asking myself where u found that 2h gameplay video?

http://vid.buffed.de/v/mvzjEXAUHA7/Guild-Wars-2/Wartower-Spotlight-GC-2010-Folge-7/

This is not a game.

Originally posted by cali59

Sorry, I posted the wrong link on the presentation and apparently I can't edit.  Here it is.  Sorry

You can edit, you have to go into the main forum to do it.

This is not a game.

You don't have to keep hoping that you're wrong 'cos you ARE wrong. GW2 is fully persistent world (READ: NOT seamless but  PERSISTENT) all you need to do is watch the vids and read the blogs or even the FAQ to understand that.

This is not a game.

• kittyvonkitakittyvonkita Member Posts: 75

Gw2 :)

• LethanderLethander Member Posts: 54

SWTOR, for me its a few reasons. Nothing against the other games they all look great to me. However I have been playing fantasy games for 12 years now and have been waiting on a sci fi game I can really sink my teeth into. So far none of the current ones really get me hooked. But this one seems like it will give my my sci fi fill as well as have an emphasis on the RP side which is pretty much nonexistent in games these days. I want to not just play a sith warrior but feel like a sith warrior while I'm doing it. I think this game is going to do that for me.

I'll probably play GW2 as well though, wasn't to big on GW1 but been keeping a watch on it and with the changes that are apparent in this game from the first, it really does appear to be shaping up to be a stellar MMO.

• jetharjethar Member Posts: 20

How many times have we been burned by the same company over and over again? Ive never liked ncsoft or any of their games. didnt like gw1 and didnt like aion. Why put any faith in GW2. Ill play it if they have a demo/trial version but it would have to not be another asian grind fest like the rest of their games. Maybe some good reviews will turn me. Tera and rift do seem promising but you really wont have a good idea of what these studios will turn out till they're here.

One thing made me vote for SWTOR, Bioware. I've played everything by bioware since baldurs gate and Ive never really been disapointed. Yes I'm concerned about some of the things I'm hearing but I'm pretty sure Bioware will turn out a fun and inovating game, because well, thats what they always do. If it sucks i'l cuss about it for a few days and go play something else.

In Bioware we trust :)