Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: 2010 Awards: New Game of the Year

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by maskedweasel

Nobody looks at Sweden.

Maybe you those that don't like the choices should do a write-in.  

Hey, I object to that. Not that Sweden is that neutral in reality and you probably not should listen to us, we are the same guys who had a program to get nuclear weapons for 30 years but of course didn't we get any because we are extremely dumb (and that rocket base which happens to be the largest in western Europe is just for peaceful purposes BTW).

My point anyways: Never trust someone who claims to be neutral.

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

Voting on "none of the above" is a vote for Star trek or FF14 when there was actually decent MMOs released this year like Global Agenda and Vindictus.

Hell Id rater play GA than any of the hyped upcoming MMOs everyone on this site is raving for.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Hey, you can't say that of all of the games that are out none of them are good!

This Non of the above option is just fueling the jaded MMO rage.

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

When did Minecraft release? Ah forget it, it is in Alpha yet.

Did I really play none of the above? From what I have read, Perpetuum, Vindictus and Global Agenda get balanced reviews. And since you didn´t ask for New MMO of the Year, then people who played these games could vote for one of them.

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063

I voted None of the Above, because whatever game wins will post this reward on their websites and/or game box, which will convince some people that are new or newish to the genre to try them out.

• Cody1174Cody1174 Member Posts: 271

how about no award this year!!! Everygame is garbage.............

• nightwish95nightwish95 Member Posts: 6

VINDICTUS!!! :-]

blah

• mmo3250mmo3250 Member Posts: 1

Vindictus IS the best game on this list. It does not seem to be a MMO however, and it is more of a action based fighter. I wonder if the combat in Tera will be anything like Vindictus, or will it be more of a user interface button mash like most MMOs.

• skepticalskeptical Member Posts: 357

This list really tells you how in the toilet the MMO industry is right now. Some of these games can hardly even be called an MMO. I'd bet none of the above wins or comes close. Other than GW2 2011 doesn't have a great deal of promise either. Hopefully someone can break the long string of massive failure that has been the MMO industry in the last 5 years.

• pyrofreakpyrofreak Member UncommonPosts: 1,481

Several of those barely qualify as a MMO. Those that do directly qualify are of such iffy quality that they should automatically be disqualified. New releases this year sucked.

Now with 57.3% more flames!

• DKWFirstbornDKWFirstborn Member Posts: 32

Perpetuum because it's just so cool! FF was dissapointment, mortal online, is just not for me. Vincictus simply offers great amounts of stylish action!

Anyway Perpetuum for idealistic reasons!

Kindest regards,

DKW

• GrinnzGrinnz Member UncommonPosts: 312

Global Agenda my choice for sci-fism/shooter fun

Vidictus quite simply put is just fun....and I voted for it!

• LadyAlibiLadyAlibi Member UncommonPosts: 297

For me, it was a tie between LEGO and Vindictus, but I voted LEGO.

LEGO might not be the game for you, particularly if you're a single male between 18-35, but it was a fun little game, IMO, and very high quality for its intended audience.  And Vindictus is fun and different. So, there ya go. 

Yeah, I know I just lost all my gamer cred, but my mommy cred is still intact.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

PO easily when looking at the list, but it hasn't been out long enough to sink itself like so many before it.

What is the point in a nota option? Surely just not voting would have the same impact? It stands to reason that it's going to massively outvote the others as anoyone who plays a game not on that list and hasn't even tried any of the ones on the list will all vote nota.

Poll not thought out well imo.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• HenchdwarfHenchdwarf Member UncommonPosts: 517

i voted for Mintberry Crunch!!!!

naw. i voted none of the above, as Mortal Online isnt a game yet, and the rest are all single player games where they let newbs in to lag the place up.

im playing LOTRonline, Fallen Earth, and Pirates of the Burning Sea. the best three games out there, for the price of one! 

• mattadams007mattadams007 Member Posts: 70

*Voted None of the above... all the games on the list kinda Underwhelmed Me, Yup a very disappointing Year indeed if these games are considered "Game of the Year" Worthy.

• seabeastseabeast Member Posts: 748

As I look back on the year of mmorgp's it does seem very...sad that such a list is implimented. Yet, these games have provided hours of serious entertainmernt on this site.  Gloabal Agenda going F2P within a year,  the crash and burn of FF14 and the loss of trekies in STO have filled my evenigns with humor and discussions. What is left? Dare I say it, WoW expansion Dec, 7...times be hard in MMORPG land.

• testmylucktestmyluck Member Posts: 91

Originally posted by dragonbrand

Voted Vindictus. Great game for what it is . . . an hour or so hack-n-slash fun fest. And it doesnt try to be something else.

Really? Because it sure as hell seems to be trying to be an MMO, which it certainly isnt'

• mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200

+1 Perpetuum

• thorppesthorppes Member Posts: 452

MO tops these in my opinion.

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

wow.....what a sad list of games....worst MMO year ever???

I can't believe i picked perpetuum.

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

• smutsmut Member Posts: 250

None of the above!

• eveque67eveque67 Member UncommonPosts: 64

Very thoughtful to put a NONE of the ABOVE.  Ty

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Voted Mortal Online.

Vindictus and Perpetuum are also very good games.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• eveque67eveque67 Member UncommonPosts: 64

Pls put the same game on BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENTS of the YEAR.  Now THAT will be a contest!