Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pillar4 Entertainment releases demo of Starfall:Frontier

nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

Pillar4 Entertainment has finally released its first game demo. It's launched on Facebook, and uses the Unity3d Engine (great engine, btw). Starfall Frontier

Over the next couple weeks, we'll be adding in a ton of features, as well as getting the game submitted to Steam. This will be a standalone, playable on PC or Mac. You'll be able to play against everyone, no matter what platform you're on; PC, Mac or Facebook.

Starfall Frontier is a reinvented version of the classic strategy boardgame, Battleship. You place your fleet of starships in a 3 player match and try to locate and eliminate your opponents. Currently, you can also maneuver your ships during your turn to avoid damage. Very soon, you'll also be able to earn new abilities, such as Shields, Radar Scans, Antimatter Missiles, etc. More than 30 different abilities are in the works!

This is our chance to really make a difference in the indie community. Our company is really down to the wire, and we absolutely need to get the word out about this game. So tell your friends, and battle them on your way up the leaderboards!

It's fun and it's free! Jump in, check it out and most importantly, invite your friends! Then, run over to our forums and let us know your thoughts!

Really looking forward to your feedback.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

Comments

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

if you want to get in touch with me directly  I will be online via aim if want to play a full game. the developer team will be on to fill games if  you find yourself waiting. mY aim name is netphreak4. here is also my facebook link.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/SGTKOOLAID add me as a friend if you wish.

I will answer any questions regarding the game and its progression.

here is the company page http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Stevens-Point-WI/Pillar4/111433678891981

here is a brief tutorial on how to play the game until we get a full fledged tutorial completed. this will at least give you a basic idea on how to play the game.

http://starfall.pillar4.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6

So I will be on every day between 10am-5pm, so will the developer team to help you learn to play, ask questions. I hope you have an enjoyable experience.

thanx

oh yeah, fyi, for now, until we get 2 player option enabled, if you see only one player, suich as me (james) or will, andy, phil, bonnie, just be a bit patient. I will send out out word the team to get on asap so dont leave right away. I will be there or the other guys will be there and will get a room full just in case. with the 2 player option enabled it should be alot easier to get in. thanx :) we are working diligently to get the game improved, and upgraded for the community.

James

Art Director, Pillar4 Entertainment.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

new update. we have 1v1 now. :) so its easier to get a game going. I would like to mention we will be enabling a player vs AI (PVE) game to Starfall soon. This will you to play against an AI when you merely want to practice your skills, test out new ones, new fleets or merely want to have simple fun and not worry about players.

Features to soon to be included over the rest of the week or has already been put in

New features added this weekend and today:

1v1 play

functioning ranking system, with exp progress.

To be completed:

PVCOM(Player VS Computer)

Detailed tutorial on gameplay, movement, ship placement, abilities, manuevering, Glyph use etc.

New Ship Ability Unlocks based earned when leveling and ranking. New fleet unlocks, with multiple texture skins.

GUI art optimization

New GUI features.

gameplay optimizations to lower the amount of time needed to finish a game when playing against another player.  

e.g. collidable space objects debris making it hard to hide, risk of dmg, which are also destructible by opponents which can cause bonus dmg to the player if the dmg is near by.

Chat System

these are a few of the new features to be over the next week or so.

come Play and try it out, give us your feedback. We value community feedback on our game. The team will try to be on whenever possible to help and assist in the game and forming rooms. But please be patient if you find yourself alone :) dont leave right away try to stay a few minutes until someone comes in. We will always try to check or stay in a room for you but we are a small team afterall :)

James

Art Director, Pillar4 Entertainment, LLC

seems chat will be functional soon today in Starfall Frontier. yay! keep tabs on it and test it out when it released.

chat has been enabled. click display chat to open the window, click hide chat to minimize the window, press x to close it off completely.(clicking x wipes the chat info).

go check it out.

As always we strive for efficiency and improve the game daily. We have added a new update to Starfall with the inclusion of a Victory/Defeat message as well as music that is associated to each. We also have included a music clip to notify the player when they have leveled and or increased xp.

I will post with any new updates. We hope to have full ship abilities to be included over the next week. So continue to play the game, let us know your thoughts via the forums, we value your feedback so we can bring to the community a good game that everyone can enjoy. thanx

James

Art Director, Pillar4 Entertainment.

• HekketHekket Member Posts: 905

k

Ladies and Gentleman!

Welcome to the first Starfall Play Party! If you have not yet installed the link to the game can be found in the Event Description, or you can just copy paste this link into a new tab: http://apps.facebook.com/starfallfrontier

We will be holding a public event  Monday, December 6 · 6:30pm - 10:30pm

We are starting to make a huge push here, and player response has been quite positive overall, but we need every one of you to help as much as possible in the coming few weeks.

We, at Pillar 4 Entertainment, love making games for you. It is all we long to do, and we need your support to make it through the next while here. If you like the game, please "LIKE" the game, and go to our Starfall Frontier App Page:

http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=127460300631875

Here you can hit "suggest to friends" and instead of suggesting it to only 26 people through the "invite Friends" tab, you can suggest it to everyone on your list. We would be eternally grateful to you all if you invited everyone you know, and get us to the fastest growing game on Facebook! Please write a review!

Also, we need your feedback! For that you can follow this link here:

http://starfall.pillar4.com/forum/index.php

You can have a hand in making Starfall the best game it can be, and your voice is needed here to make sure that we crush the silly cow clicking time-waster apps on here, to make facebook a place where real gamers like you can have a place and a game to call home!

Also, if you want to make our lives better, or just want to buy the nice folks who made the game a cup of coffee, you can go hit our Donate button right here:

http://starfall.pillar4.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16&sid=d36fb20b1b6a4e6694a4d3bfd47eb9fa

We love you all, and we would be nothing without the amazing people who make the dream possible!

All of you rule!

Pillar 4 Entertainment.