Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: 2010 Awards: New Game of the Year

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In today's round of voting in the 2010 Reader's Choice awards here at MMORPG.com, we invite you to check out this year's crop of new games and select your favorite, or even 'none of the above', for 2010.

This year, our categories are: Game of the Year, New Game of the Year, Most Innovative, Most Improved, Best F2P, Favorite Company, Biggest News Story, Most Anticipated, and the newest, and most dubious, addition to our prizes, Biggest Disappointment.

Read more 2010 Awards: New Game of the Year.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• dragonbranddragonbrand Member UncommonPosts: 441

Voted Vindictus. Great game for what it is . . . an hour or so hack-n-slash fun fest. And it doesnt try to be something else.

Gaming since Avalon Hill was making board games.

Played SWG, EVE, Fallen Earth, LOTRO, Rift, Vanguard, WoW, SWTOR, TSW, Tera
    Tried Aoc, Aion, EQII, RoM, Vindictus, Darkfail, DDO, GW, PotBS

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Thank you SO much for the None of the Above option!  Sad to say, but not one of those games even remotely impressed me this year, hence why I had to vote none of the above.

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

I hope Perpetuum wins. I belive that Mecha or for that matter Sci Fi MMO's are well overdo.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Woot thanks for none of the above now pos the poll so we can see it.

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

While I also note the presence of 'NOne of the above'.

Some game has to be the best of the worst. May as well try to find some shred of light in all this MMO gloom

• LumanilLumanil Member Posts: 110

Originally posted by danJ188

I had to vote for Vindictus, since half the games listed had less content then a f2p action-oriented game that really is cloudy on if it's an mmo or not.

FF14, Star Trek, Mortal..these games had no content. HAVE no or little content. Some of these games are blockbuster's supposedly. I don't see it.

Mortal... no content ??? Really ???? I don't like this game, but this is too much of a lie.

It seems, that you don't know what a "sandbox game" means.

No quests doesn't mean a game doesn't have content.

• RudedawgCDNRudedawgCDN Member UncommonPosts: 507

None of the above.

2010 was a really bad year for mmo's.

Tired of playing the crummy same old same old games dev's keep making.

In fact I didn't subscribe to or play one.

Waiting for Rift and GW2.

• ShojuShoju Member UncommonPosts: 776

None of the above.

Crap year was crap.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Sorry but NONE.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• booskAbooskA Member UncommonPosts: 79

I don't think any good games came out, but "none of the above" is basically the same as not voting. Lego is a good game, but it is not geared toward my type of game play. FF XIV has a lot of problems, but a lot of strenths, too. I had a hard time deciding between the two, but FF XIV won out just because it is the one I would play if someone forced me to participate in something that was released this year.

• drake_hounddrake_hound Member Posts: 773

thank you adding the option none of the above , sorry i really wouldn´t vote any of them

Atleast it beats me just skipping the vote .

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

None of the above.  There isn't a game on this list that I would consider playing.   If that isn't a statement about how sad the market has been this year then I don't know what is.  None of these games deserve an award for anything positive.

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

That was a sad, sad  list. Glad to see Vindictus at the end or none of the above would have been my choice. Not saying Vindictus is fabulous, and it is arguable if it's even an MMO, but at least I got some small fun for free from it.

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

It seems a lot of ppl are voting for NOTA lol so this this mean if it wins will all the others recieve some kind of Raspberry award?

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Global Agenda was the only game on that list that kept me playing for .. well.. for more than 2 days.  I played it for 3 months straight and still revisit it.  B2P,  great team based combat.  It has its issues, but out of the ones on that list its the only one worth my time.

• drake_hounddrake_hound Member Posts: 773

Originally posted by Isturi

It seems a lot of ppl are voting for NOTA lol so this this mean if it wins will all the others recieve some kind of Raspberry award?

No means we are displeased with this year MMO releases , so no really NEW mmo game that was functioning and fun .

Its time we as customer show our displeasure in unfinished beta crap , that they hype up as Next Generation AAA mmo , or what ever .

Time for them to start working again for our money .

• ComputerJuiceComputerJuice Member UncommonPosts: 25

I voted none... i would have voted global agenda... however aside from the Dome City standing around zone there is no MMO about it.  Its a team PVP FPS not an mmo.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

Wow.. Mortal Online is on this list?  Man.. I kinda hope they win the award.  That would make for a great discussion topic!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• tazmanyaktazmanyak Member UncommonPosts: 77

I truely think ffxiv could be the "game of the year" but,

Sadly, they released too recently, with too much problems, to gain my vote.

About GlobalAgenda, wasnt it released in 2009???

So, maybe Perpetuum will got my cast. just because i really think this tiny independent developers group did a good job. They were always learning from their mistakes, and from their beta testers.

Badly, perpetuum is just a gankfest, and dont want to support this, in any game.

So, i'll vote NOTA as so many pppl :)

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by booskA

I don't think any good games came out, but "none of the above" is basically the same as not voting. Lego is a good game, but it is not geared toward my type of game play. FF XIV has a lot of problems, but a lot of strenths, too. I had a hard time deciding between the two, but FF XIV won out just because it is the one I would play if someone forced me to participate in something that was released this year.

Not voting can be considered a vote, no matter what the politicians tell you.  It reflects a very legal idea called "vote of no confidence".  Also, a nuetral vote does make a difference, just look at Sweden and it's history of doing that.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Originally posted by elocke

Originally posted by booskA

Not voting can be considered a vote, no matter what the politicians tell you.  It reflects a very legal idea called "vote of no confidence".  Also, a nuetral vote does make a difference, just look at Sweden and it's history of doing that.

Nobody looks at Sweden.

Maybe you those that don't like the choices should do a write-in.  

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

Originally posted by Lumanil

Originally posted by danJ188

I had to vote for Vindictus, since half the games listed had less content then a f2p action-oriented game that really is cloudy on if it's an mmo or not.

FF14, Star Trek, Mortal..these games had no content. HAVE no or little content. Some of these games are blockbuster's supposedly. I don't see it.

Mortal... no content ??? Really ???? I don't like this game, but this is too much of a lie.

It seems, that you don't know what a "sandbox game" means.

No quests doesn't mean a game doesn't have content.

WTF are you smoking son?  I want to know because it must be good and my dealer is holding out on me.   Mortal Online has crap for content, it has what, PVP.   If you call that content then you are simpler than you look.  

What does Mortal Online have for content?  PvP, preplaned houses that do NOTHING, half assed crafting that is far from done.   Hell WoW has more content, and I hate WoW.   Everything that Mortal Online has is in WWIIOL (Battleground:Europe) and CRS does it better.   And that game is 9.5 years old.    If you want half assed products then you should invest in Toyota.   I hear they put out some great unfinished cars now days.

So much crap, so little quality.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

What a year..... I went with the Perpetuum team just because they were small, indie, and managed to pull off a pretty smooth release (at a fair price)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Elox1Elox1 Member Posts: 211

Voted none of the above.  Waiting for Biggest disappointment so I can vote for Star Trek Online.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

None of the above.