Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXIV beta is still going on....

Well this re confirms why we got 2 months free. lol

Who could have thought that WOW could bring super power like USA to its knees?

Originally posted by Arcken

To put it in a nutshell, our society is about to hit the fan, grades are dropping, obesity is going up,childhood the USA is going to lose its super power status before too long, but hey, as long as we have a cheap method to babysit our kids, all will be well no?
Im picking on WoW btw because its the beast that made all of this possible

Comments

• choujiofkonochoujiofkono Member Posts: 852

Originally posted by Paradoxy

Well duh.. not like that's important information to tell the community or anything. 

*braces for impact

And just for clarity...

Information is not "negative"  it just exists!

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
    "The worst part of censorship is ------------------"

• justandulasjustandulas Member Posts: 165
    It should be clear by now that ff14 is run by the late and great frank drebin of the naked gun films. I can see the ff14 staff meeting now......

"sir everyone hates our game what should we do?" - employee
    "like a blind man at an orgy, we are just gonna have to feel things out" - frank drebin
  • MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by choujiofkono

Well duh.. not like that's important information to tell the community or anything. 

*braces for impact

And just for clarity...

Information is not "negative"  it just exists!

In general, information in itself isn't "negative" but the way it is presented and cherry picked can be.

That's the way btw how slander and smear campaigns - political and otherwise - work: they focus on an action or aspect that puts that person in a negative light and keep repeating that, only including info bits that reinforce that negative image, igoring everything else that that person is or has done.

Regarding games, you can see sortlike activities which can also (or especially?) be seen on mmorpg.com forums: like the posters that keep hammering about Bori and boobs when it comes to AoC, or the continuously repeated arguments that the whole SWTOR game would be the same way on rails as the space combat was and a singleplayer game on top of that. Or the continuing rants regarding WoW where it's the constant hammering about its cartoony graphics and that it's that much dumbed down that a monkey could play it. Or that GW2 will be easy mode and instanced. Or... well, the point is clear, for smear or negativity campaigns you don't really have  to use lies and half truths - although some people certainly don't refrain from them - you just have to pick a few info bits, present them in a certain way and keep repeating it.

That aside, the screenshot in the OP  is pretty funny, yes image

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

As they say ... a picture is worth a thousand words or a more up to date version ... a screen shot is worth a thousand forum posts oO! 

• FurorFuror Member Posts: 374

the question remains whos paying to be in beta. Lol.

i suspected as much.

• Zizou_UniZizou_Uni Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Furor

i suspected as much.

Haha,..... Freudian slip by SE.   

Though I don't own the game... I don't think they're charging anyone at this point?  I could be wrong.

It does seem like a beta even though you get to keep your character through the process.  My cousin is playing it.  He like it but did tell me that he wouldn't continue playing if they charged him for it.   He said he's waiting for more content.

If I get the game now,,.... how long will I have for a free trial?  As in no monthly payments?  Three months?  That will put it close to PS3 release... Maybe I should get the game now?

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Originally posted by Zizou_Uni

Originally posted by Furor

i suspected as much.

Haha,..... Freudian slip by SE.   

Though I don't own the game... I don't think they're charging anyone at this point?  I could be wrong.

It does seem like a beta even though you get to keep your character through the process.  My cousin is playing it.  He like it but did tell me that he wouldn't continue playing if they charged him for it.   He said he's waiting for more content.

If I get the game now,,.... how long will I have for a free trial?  As in no monthly payments?  Three months?  That will put it close to PS3 release... Maybe I should get the game now?

It will probably be free up until the PS3 release and if they charge any sooner the dwindling playerbase will be dwindling even faster.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Final Fantasy XIV, worlds first UF2P MMO!

UF2P: Unintentionally free to play.   Now that is innovation. :)

All die, so die well.

• narakuunarakuu Member Posts: 348

Originally posted by FleshMask

No.... THIS GAME IS FUN!

I killed a rabbit at lvl 10 today!

Hi five everyone!

*high fives* hell yeah!

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790

No.... THIS GAME IS FUN!

Hi five everyone!

Is that all?  You know how threatning and intimidating a sheep can be. Nothing like a mighty warrior getting leve to kill 4 sheep.

Bite Me

• KillikKillik Member Posts: 33

don't forget those scary Ladybugs that can kill 15 people.

My spoon is too big -_-

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

I dont see how players are paying to beta test... they havent charged anyone the monthly fee since september...

So as i can tell, its still free to play beta testing... play it or wait till the patches come out, but its free either way right now.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• ScribZScribZ Member Posts: 424

I seen this posted yesterday, went home after work to verify but that message wasn't in game when I logged in. Did anyone get a chance to verify this? Or did anyone besides the one who posted it see this message? Not saying it didnt happen, just saying I couldnt confirm it yesterday morning. Its at least good for a good laugh if nothing else huh!

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790

Originally posted by ScribZ

I seen this posted yesterday, went home after work to verify but that message wasn't in game when I logged in. Did anyone get a chance to verify this? Or did anyone besides the one who posted it see this message? Not saying it didnt happen, just saying I couldnt confirm it yesterday morning. Its at least good for a good laugh if nothing else huh!

I can confirm this however i have also seen FFXIV maintenance message popping up in FFXI so no surprise there.

Bite Me

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

No.... THIS GAME IS FUN!

Hi five everyone!

Everyone knows you shouldn't take any bunny over lvl 5 lightly...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SofvBkmkEM

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Let's leave personal arguements out of the discussion and stay on topic guys. Thanks.

• theartisttheartist Member Posts: 553

Originally posted by DeserttFoxx

I dont see how players are paying to beta test... they havent charged anyone the monthly fee since september...

So as i can tell, its still free to play beta testing... play it or wait till the patches come out, but its free either way right now.

Amazon and Square got 80 bucks out of me to beta test. That's quite a bit to pay.

Hopefully they keep working on it and keep it pay to play. I'd like to actually play this game one day. Killing wharf rats and crafting crap doesn't count.

Originally posted by Robokapp

Here's my oppinion on the...future. My magic 8-ball is also in beta so appologies if this isn't fully accurate.

Aug 21st. CE.

Aug 30th. Release.

Early Sept.  Public oppinion begins turning into outrage.

Mid Sept. Company sees it, Gives free time and appologies+promises.

Oct. More free time.

Nov. More free time.

Early Dec. Population finally stops declining. Small increase is seen from day to day.

----->we are here now<----

Dec 7th. The largest competitor - in West at least - launches an expansion.

Dec 21ish payment cycles begin.

------>these two events combined crush the fragile stability.<----

Since SE can't control the Dec 7th events, they have to change the future regarding the dec 21ish events. So my Crysal ball tells me there'll be more free time. There might even be free time all the way to May 1st.

If they don't give free time until the PS3 release, it's over.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Since SE can't control the Dec 7th events

They don't compete.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".

Originally posted by Hyanmen

Since SE can't control the Dec 7th events

They don't compete.

As in there is no doubting who will win or people who play FFXIV have no interest in World of Warcraft?

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Originally posted by Benthon

They don't compete.

As in there is no doubting who will win or people who play FFXIV have no interest in World of Warcraft?

Some do, but their primary target audience is not one that is interested about Warcraft.

People like the ones that post here were of course also interested about XIV just like any other MMO. Those are the ones to jump the ship, and to be honest, they have already done it months ago.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • theartisttheartist Member Posts: 553

Here's my oppinion on the...future. My magic 8-ball is also in beta so appologies if this isn't fully accurate.

Aug 21st. CE.

Aug 30th. Release.

Early Sept.  Public oppinion begins turning into outrage.

Mid Sept. Company sees it, Gives free time and appologies+promises.

Oct. More free time.

Nov. More free time.

Early Dec. Population finally stops declining. Small increase is seen from day to day.

----->we are here now<----

Dec 7th. The largest competitor - in West at least - launches an expansion.

Dec 21ish payment cycles begin.

------>these two events combined crush the fragile stability.<----

Since SE can't control the Dec 7th events, they have to change the future regarding the dec 21ish events. So my Crysal ball tells me there'll be more free time. There might even be free time all the way to May 1st.

If they were wise it'd be free time up until they have an update that could be considered a miniexpansion.

• The_QuesterThe_Quester Member Posts: 80

They lost half of the original population and they no longer show player numbers....... at this point there is really no reason to every try to charge anyone because they will bolt and then this game will truly be empty.

These patches that they are putting out better then the most awesome things in the universe or else this thing is pretty much gone. And didn't they say that they were going to shut down the XI servers eventually? It looks like they are now going to have to keep them up or they will have absolutely no movie coming in from the MMO side.  Well at least in the West, the East got a couple more MMO that should have come here before XIV, like the Front Mission one.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Square has dug themselves a VERY big hole,it is too bad it has come down to this,i really feel for Tanaka and his prized franchise.

The problem i see is that even if this game gets to where people like it,aka Vanguard,myself and others are not going to start a game now that has an entire player base already too far advanced for the few new players it might attract.This was a very poor design imo,you would have a better chance to start new in FFXI a much older game.

Although i really like Tanaka,i feel he is probably the one who got greedy and wanted a new game to make millions of dollars.All the fan base asked for was updated graphics [FFXI] ,they would have been more than happy with that,but Square decided a newer game,make a few changes and change the class names a bit would fool people.

SO what can Beta accomplish?I think at this point,Square is frantically hoping it stays alive long enough to attract a large PS3 player base,to be frank i don't see it happening.It is going to be a scary time for Square to see what happens after this free play time is over,a small player base,usually does not hold the remainding player base very well.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DragonOpt1DragonOpt1 Member Posts: 78

I logged in two days ago and did 3 Battleleve quests then solo killed some random mobs and logged out. At level 42 I'm getting 50-100ish SP a mob in leves and soloing (doesn't matter if the mob is orange or blue). 50-100 SP a mob at my level is a joke, there was no one looking for members in the UI for quests (shocker) and only a hand full of people around the crystals that didn't want to join. I'll try once more after the Dec patch, but I'm not paying for this game if I'm getting garbage SP still. For orange mobs you should at least get 400-500 imo, yellow mobs 300-400 and blue mobs 100-300. What I'm saying SP should be isn't perfect but it shouldn't be so low that I'll level in 6months. Please if you're going to argue with me be at least level 30-40+ and have some idea of what I'm talking about. I'm tired of people level 0-20 telling me SP is fine at higher levels.