Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forced to play trial after paying for all the expansions up to Cata

bumfmanbumfman Member Posts: 276

I have never realy sunk my teeth into World of Warcraft because of alot of nay saying and the fact that to start playing it at this late stage meant to pay full price for the game and all expansions. I have been a faithful EQ player up until the last year or so as well ( how many people do you know that actualy play both WoW and EQ ?).

Recently i came across the 20 dollar get up to date deal that Blizzard is promoting ( the offer ends Tuesday of this week). So i says to myself .. "Self ? This is a good time to give this game a go ! My Nephews have played the game in the past but got thier accounts hacked and just lost interrest. They also saw this deal as a good time to go back and get current with new accounts to start with me.

Tuesday last week all 3 of us buy the game by credit card, but to our dissmay, we were only granted trial status to play the game. Ok .. no problem, we know there are a Gazzillion people doing this promotion and it takes a little time to process the credit cards, hell it even states after you purchase the game that it could take up to 74 hours to process your purchase. Many games state this but usualy process instantly.

This wouldnt be a big hinderance except for the fact that trial accounts cannot start groups or do any auction housing. This left my nephews and I soloing on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Ok .. Friday was a day late for our purchase to be verified, Saturday and Sunday came and went and there was still no approval. My nephew called Blizzard on Satuday, and after a verrrry long wait (about an hour) he got ahold of a customer service rep.

The rep appologized for the wait and said they were doing all they could. He promised our accounts would be active regular accounts by Tuesday. ??!! As i stated before it wouldnt be a big deal except for the not being able to group and auction deal. But this was getting pretty rediculous. My nephew has a friend that was going to start playing on Sunday. He told him about our delima so his friend bought the box version of the original WoW, then digitaly bought the 2 expansions.

He of course was ok and instantly played the game without being a trial account and got us all hooked up into a group.

I guess the moral of this little write up is to maybe buy the box of original WoW then buy the 2 expansions as downloads if you are looking to play the game without going thru the trial version, or deal with a verrrrrry slow verifying process to pick up on this good deal.

Work hard Play Harder

Comments

• QazzQazz Member Posts: 577

You've made some sort of mistake somewhere if you only have trial access.  For the $20 you get the full game all the way through WOTLK, not the trial.  I already bought my son's account and already started using it as an AH toon until christmas when I give him the acct and all I spent was $20.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Originally posted by bumfman

I have never realy sunk my teeth into World of Warcraft because of alot of nay saying and the fact that to start playing it at this late stage meant to pay full price for the game and all expansions. I have been a faithful EQ player up until the last year or so as well ( how many people do you know that actualy play both WoW and EQ ?).

Recently i came across the 20 dollar get up to date deal that Blizzard is promoting ( the offer ends Tuesday of this week). So i says to myself .. "Self ? This is a good time to give this game a go ! My Nephews have played the game in the past but got thier accounts hacked and just lost interrest. They also saw this deal as a good time to go back and get current with new accounts to start with me.

Tuesday last week all 3 of us buy the game by credit card, but to our dissmay, we were only granted trial status to play the game. Ok .. no problem, we know there are a Gazzillion people doing this promotion and it takes a little time to process the credit cards, hell it even states after you purchase the game that it could take up to 74 hours to process your purchase. Many games state this but usualy process instantly.

This wouldnt be a big hinderance except for the fact that trial accounts cannot start groups or do any auction housing. This left my nephews and I soloing on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Ok .. Friday was a day late for our purchase to be verified, Saturday and Sunday came and went and there was still no approval. My nephew called Blizzard on Satuday, and after a verrrry long wait (about an hour) he got ahold of a customer service rep.

The rep appologized for the wait and said they were doing all they could. He promised our accounts would be active regular accounts by Tuesday. ??!! As i stated before it wouldnt be a big deal except for the not being able to group and auction deal. But this was getting pretty rediculous. My nephew has a friend that was going to start playing on Sunday. He told him about our delima so his friend bought the box version of the original WoW, then digitaly bought the 2 expansions.

He of course was ok and instantly played the game without being a trial account and got us all hooked up into a group.

I guess the moral of this little write up is to maybe buy the box of original WoW then buy the 2 expansions as downloads if you are looking to play the game without going thru the trial version, or deal with a verrrrrry slow verifying process to pick up on this good deal.

For me the moral of this is, don't play wow, 12 million customers can't be treated well.

• bumfmanbumfman Member Posts: 276

Originally posted by Qazz

You've made some sort of mistake somewhere if you only have trial access.  For the $20 you get the full game all the way through WOTLK, not the trial.  I already bought my son's account and already started using it as an AH toon until christmas when I give him the acct and all I spent was $20.

We can play the content of all the expansions, ( we knew this beacuse of my nephews knowledge of the game and the new content) we can even go past lvl 20 ( normal trials cant go past 20) but we cant start a group or do any auction housing. We get the " you cannot do this because of the trial " message in our chat boxes. We used 3 different credit cards, it is unlikely we all did the same thing wrong with our billing. As I stated, my nephews friend didnt have a problem because he bought the original WoW box version with cash and used a credit card for the 2 expansions.

Something else I did not mention, was we tried to do an in game ticket to get help, but got a message that all of the support ques were full. LOL

Work hard Play Harder

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

Did you create your trial account first? If so, you may need to create a new account for the games you purchased or upgrade your purchased games from your trial account on your account page.  From my experience, it sounds like something has gone wrong, either on your end or Blizzard's, though, usually problems like this lie between the keyboard and chair.image

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

Well if you and your nephews plan to play WOW in the long run i suggest you get authenticators so your accounts don't get hacked easily.

Thanks for the responses. As of last night my account became a regular account but my nephews accounts are still pending ( I was able to invite people to group without the trial account message), which is kind of weird because they ordered almost a day earlier than I did. As for the making of a trial account, it seems your new WoW account is automaticly considered a trial account until your credit card goes through (if you purchased via credit card). I kind of shudder to think of how customer service is going to be when Cata kicks off if you have any problems after installing.

As for getting an authenticator, is that something you buy from Blizzard? If it is I think that sort of thing should be free to protect thier consumers. Dont you ?

I realy dont know if we are in WoW for the "long haul" but we are enjoying it so far (less the lvl 80 bored griefers awaiting thier beloved expansion).

Work hard Play Harder

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

Originally posted by bumfman

Thanks for the responses. As of last night my account became a regular account but my nephews accounts are still pending ( I was able to invite people to group without the trial account message), which is kind of weird because they ordered almost a day earlier than I did. As for the making of a trial account, it seems your new WoW account is automaticly considered a trial account until your credit card goes through (if you purchased via credit card). I kind of shudder to think of how customer service is going to be when Cata kicks off if you have any problems after installing.

As for getting an authenticator, is that something you buy from Blizzard? If it is I think that sort of thing should be free to protect thier consumers. Dont you ?

I realy dont know if we are in WoW for the "long haul" but we are enjoying it so far (less the lvl 80 bored griefers awaiting thier beloved expansion).

If you have an iPhone or iPod (Touch I think?) you can download the app for free.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

Originally posted by alakram

For me the moral of this is, don't play wow, 12 million customers can't be treated well.

I.. don't even know where to begin with this content.

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • drake_hounddrake_hound Member Posts: 773

No have a same issue here , bought for my friend the whole package including Cataclysme .

Maybe i am tired of wow , but for him its fun , so ok spend the whole package deal , early christmas present.

Takes 72 hours for them to fix the trial account to a full account (after PM email etc )

Cause of there damn cataclysme bug , so if you upgrade dont upgrade to cataclysme right away .

Wait a bit , for the rest it should be fine .

Update. All is well now and all 3 accounts are non-trial. It sure did take a long time to get worked out, but my Nephews and I are grouped up and knocking out Dungeons O Plenty. My nephews tell me the dungeons have changed alot ( for the better) and are much more enjoyable to play with completely different stories and better interactive content.

Work hard Play Harder