Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXIV lvl 20 Lancer vs tera lvl 21 lancer.

1234568»

Comments

• SerenesSerenes Member UncommonPosts: 351

Have you seen the gobbies? they are beastly. and Tera looks equaly boring.... they are both just stabing monsters with sticks I'M SOOOO IMPRESSED. Except Tera's UI is a carbon clone of WoW's UI now that is truely unique.

All though the scripted boss fights for Tera are pretty sick. I don't think Final Fantasy XIV has any "real" bosses yet so they could make somthing interesting.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Thought they both looked like complete and utter crap.  Asian games are freaking rubbish and they need to stay over there.  Now watch any Western styled MMO and you wont see anime/street fighter combat and ugly graphics.

Give me games Like Rift, WoW, DAoC or EQ any day of the week over this crap they call MMO in asia.  screw that noise.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Originally posted by Serenes
    Have you seen the gobbies? they are beastly. and Tera looks equaly boring.... they are both just stabing monsters with sticks I'M SOOOO IMPRESSED. Except Tera's UI is a carbon clone of WoW's UI now that is truely unique.

All though the scripted boss fights for Tera are pretty sick. I don't think Final Fantasy XIV has any "real" bosses yet so they could make somthing interesting.

Having a UI similar to WoW isn't a bad thing or make it a clone. WoW got its UI from DAoC, and just added more art and a fully attached menu bar. Whoopie do. Making a UI that is completely unique is a mistake unless it fits the context of the game. EVE has a different UI, but it works because it just couldn't work with DAoC's or WoW's UI. UI's that are easy to figure out, simple to use, and perform smoothly are ideal. If you judge a game based on its UI, you're doin' it rong! :P
    The laggy piece of dodo breath that FFXIV released with was one of the huge drawbacks of the game and even after the lag is gone, it's still somewhat tedious.

Thought they both looked like complete and utter crap.  Asian games are freaking rubbish and they need to stay over there.  Now watch any Western styled MMO and you wont see anime/street fighter combat and ugly graphics.

Give me games Like Rift, WoW, DAoC or EQ any day of the week over this crap they call MMO in asia.  screw that noise.
    Sounds like you're just an Asian hater. I don't think you realize how many games you've played from "over there". If you've ever touched a Nintendo, SNES, N64, Playstation 1,2 or 3, you've touched "asian crap" and should cleanse your hands from the taint ASAP.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

I understand the comparison on the level of comparing the style of the games. Tera is more of a Fast Action almost shooter type(similar to Monster Hunter I'd say) and FFXIV is more of a strategy turn based game. Not really sure how you can compare these honestly without getting all of these "omg FFXIV is so slow" it obviously is...its a turn based style MMO. Tera is suppose to be fast and maybe not as skill driven or in depth PVE wise, while FFXIV is suppose to be well thought out. I also personally think FFXIV shines in group play while Tera may do well in both aspects. Just my two cents.

• ParadoxyParadoxy Member Posts: 786

Originally posted by Kaocan

Yeah seriously, why are you people still here fighting about this topic. Bunch of couch quarterbacks is all they are. They dont play football, dont study it at all, but put them on the couch in front of some video of it and all of a sudden they are the freaking masters of the sport thinking they MUST tell everyone how brilliant they are and how they know more than even the people who are playing it.

Really, the OP seen a couple of videos...you all read that part right? He isnt playing TERA at all. Only thing he knows about it is what he seen in a couple youtube vids. And everyone here is trying to back his play as if he is a fuckin expert on the gameplay mechanics of TERA. It really is amazing.

Wait a minute, I see what I missed, you all seen SOMEONE ELSE experience TERA in some youtube vids too, guess your all experts on TERA now huh. Well forget it FFXIV fans, TERA is hands down the better of the two because some wackoff posted a couple of vids on youtube that has been witnessed by the prophets of time itself. No amount of discussion will ever change this fact, they KNOW what the facts are and anyone who says otherwise must be stupid. I mean how could we ever think to question the FACTS as they have been presented to us? We MUST be damn crazy!

I have asked this 4 times already that anyone who is playing FFXIV like yourself record a video of a fight with a cool looking NM or elite monster around lvl 20 and post it here. that is the best way to shut everyone up. We will compare it to Tera , that will give you more credibility. But just as expected you posted a wall of text full of rage without any real substance  to it. Show us the FACTS please and lets prove OP and everyone wrong.

Also its amazing that from one line in OP's post and two links of video you somehow assumed that OP is trying to be an expert about Tera's gameplay. All she did was show how cumbersome and boring FFXIV combat is and add to it the generic and stupid mobs like DODO and you got a perfect recepie for snorefest. Is there some very deep thought involved in boring players to death around lvl 20 to 30 while fighting rats, dodos, sheep, nany goats etc? or FFXIV players just don't deserve some unique and cool looking mobs? because they are OK with just anything SE throws at them?

Originally posted by deathlylink

I understand the comparison on the level of comparing the style of the games. Tera is more of a Fast Action almost shooter type(similar to Monster Hunter I'd say) and FFXIV is more of a strategy turn based game. Not really sure how you can compare these honestly without getting all of these "omg FFXIV is so slow" it obviously is...its a turn based style MMO. Tera is suppose to be fast and maybe not as skill driven or in depth PVE wise, while FFXIV is suppose to be well thought out. I also personally think FFXIV shines in group play while Tera may do well in both aspects. Just my two cents.

What is so well thought about FFXIV's combat? there is no strategy or thought involved in it. The mobs don't even move and just stay at one place till they die. Except for few leves where the best they do is run away.

Who could have thought that WOW could bring super power like USA to its knees?

Originally posted by Arcken

To put it in a nutshell, our society is about to hit the fan, grades are dropping, obesity is going up,childhood the USA is going to lose its super power status before too long, but hey, as long as we have a cheap method to babysit our kids, all will be well no?
    Im picking on WoW btw because its the beast that made all of this possible

• choujiofkonochoujiofkono Member Posts: 852

As a reply to the "treating the poor little kid with mercy" ..

You don't treat a poor little kid with mercy when he shows up to a high end job, expects to get paid the same as the other guys that are actually pulling their weight, and the kid doesn't even know how to do the job.

:  ]

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
    "The worst part of censorship is ------------------"

• UrpoUrpo Member Posts: 18

Both looks boring. Tera's Popori and Lancer class was too much for me.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by choujiofkono

You don't treat a poor little kid with mercy when he shows up to a high end job, expects to get paid the same as the other guys that are actually pulling their weight, and the kid doesn't even know how to do the job.

You do when he shows up for the IT/Webmaster job, and you expect him to do the job of an accountant and evaluate him thus.

... gotta love analogies, you can do anything with them image

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• choujiofkonochoujiofkono Member Posts: 852

Originally posted by cyphers

You do when he shows up for the IT/Webmaster job, and you expect him to do the job of an accountant and evaluate him thus.

I agree analogies are fun for forums and keep the mood light as it's supposed to be.

When the little guy shows up with his briefcase full of rubber chickens instead of his work papers it's a tip off he thinks he's going to get paid for doing nothing. 

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
    "The worst part of censorship is ------------------"

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

Brilliant!

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• ScribZScribZ Member Posts: 424

Thats funny, I work with a lot of people who show up every single day, expect to do absolutely nothing and collect the same paycheck as me, and no, they dont have a clue what the skills are of the job they were hired to do. And as long as you have a boss over you who only cares about if they are smooch enough to hang with him after work, then yeah its all gravy and coolio man for them! Happens every day all over the place. Some people work for thier paychecks, some watch others work for thier paycheck, thats life.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by Paradoxy

I have asked this 4 times already that anyone who is playing FFXIV like yourself record a video of a fight with a cool looking NM or elite monster around lvl 20 and post it here. that is the best way to shut everyone up. We will compare it to Tera , that will give you more credibility. But just as expected you posted a wall of text full of rage without any real substance  to it. Show us the FACTS please and lets prove OP and everyone wrong.

You bring up an interesting and valid point. I've seen the articles and features about quite some impressive bosses, but haven't seen them in action or any footage of them (video footage, I've seen the screenshots). Getting back on this one, let's see what youtube can cough up.

Originally posted by ScribZ

Thats funny, I work with a lot of people who show up every single day, expect to do absolutely nothing and collect the same paycheck as me, and no, they dont have a clue what the skills are of the job they were hired to do. And as long as you have a boss over you who only cares about if they are smooch enough to hang with him after work, then yeah its all gravy and coolio man for them! Happens every day all over the place. Some people work for thier paychecks, some watch others work for thier paycheck, thats life.

There's a lot of people who have no clue at the job they're doing, and they don't care as long as the money keeps flowing. I'd rate the people working with the derivatives calculations and formulas and those financial schemes that fucked up so much among them. But that's a topic for another thread image

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

Originally posted by taus01

[...]

All FFXIV combat leves are the same. Kill 4 of X and kill 4 of Y. How is it any better than AOC's kill X and Y for drops?

It is not better, i did not say it is, i did not even mention FFXIV you just assume and put words in my mouth.

These kind of quests are in every single MMO out there, WoW, LOTRO, AOC and FFXIV to name a few. It's just a fact that the haters here constantly going on about it and telling everyone how totally boring and repetitive the leve system is. Funny how that works if you have an agenda. (not talking about you specifically)

So what is so bad about the leve system if it's ok for other games? Oh right, it's bad in FFXIV because some people just love to hate the game. I have seen my fair share of this argument on these forums and it's ridiculous.

Thanks for making my point.

I am pretty sure that you have told us many times in past that FFXIV leve system is better because its DIFFERENT. That's the first excuse i hear from anyone who tries to defend the boring kill X and kill Y leve system. FFXIV is different great, but is different good? only if it works. All they did was replace the generic kill quests with leve system, but objectives are still the same. Kill 4 warf rats, Kill 4 dark wolves..rinse and repeat every 36 hrs.

And no one has any agenda but when FFXIV fans start calling other MMOS quest system trash one has to show them a mirror once in a while.

Maybe you should scroll up or read the posts i make. Here, i help ya and quote myself from just 3 posts above!

"I am the first to admit that the leve system is not used to it's full potential. In fact, this system is barely out of it's infancy."

Now can we agree that all MMOs have Kill X, Fetch Y quests and not only FF14? Thats all i have been saying.

Considering we are in agreement here i urge you to go to the other games forums and let all of them know how their quests suck and are boring.

I would do it but i have not got the energy or time.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

[...]

All FFXIV combat leves are the same. Kill 4 of X and kill 4 of Y. How is it any better than AOC's kill X and Y for drops?

It is not better, i did not say it is, i did not even mention FFXIV you just assume and put words in my mouth.

These kind of quests are in every single MMO out there, WoW, LOTRO, AOC and FFXIV to name a few. It's just a fact that the haters here constantly going on about it and telling everyone how totally boring and repetitive the leve system is. Funny how that works if you have an agenda. (not talking about you specifically)

So what is so bad about the leve system if it's ok for other games? Oh right, it's bad in FFXIV because some people just love to hate the game. I have seen my fair share of this argument on these forums and it's ridiculous.

Thanks for making my point.

I am pretty sure that you have told us many times in past that FFXIV leve system is better because its DIFFERENT. That's the first excuse i hear from anyone who tries to defend the boring kill X and kill Y leve system. FFXIV is different great, but is different good? only if it works. All they did was replace the generic kill quests with leve system, but objectives are still the same. Kill 4 warf rats, Kill 4 dark wolves..rinse and repeat every 36 hrs.

And no one has any agenda but when FFXIV fans start calling other MMOS quest system trash one has to show them a mirror once in a while.

Maybe you should scroll up or read the posts i make. Here, i help ya and quote myself from just 3 posts above!

"I am the first to admit that the leve system is not used to it's full potential. In fact, this system is barely out of it's infancy."

Now can we agree that all MMOs have Kill X, Fetch Y quests and not only FF14? Thats all i have been saying.

Considering we are in agreement here i urge you to go to the other games forums and let all of them know how their quests suck and are boring.

No thank you. Why would i do that? i am not a hypocrite you see.

To put it in a nutshell, our society is about to hit the fan, grades are dropping, obesity is going up,childhood the USA is going to lose its super power status before too long, but hey, as long as we have a cheap method to babysit our kids, all will be well no?

[...]

No thank you. Why would i do that? i am not a hypocrite you see.

Calling me a hypocrite? Do you even know what that big word you just used means?

I am the one saying the FFX14 leves currently are just as boring as all the other games quests. So yeah, i apply the same standards to my game that i do to others.

However you have been continuously bashing FF14 for it's boring and crappy quest system but are not applying the same standards to games you like.

I sincerely apologize for beeing a hypocrite. No really, i do.

The term Hypocrite was used in general terms (if i do what you are asking me to do i will be a hypocrite, doesn't necessarly means that you are one). Moreover i had a very lengthy argument with Hryay regarding this and i repeatedly said that all MMOS have generic quests. So when i play a MMO i know i am not going to get anything different because i do not expect it to be. Also, please i am not continuously bashing FFXIV for its crappy quest system i just try to make those who bash quest system from other MMO realise,  that FFXIV is not all that different.

Thanks for the video link though. I remember Pulp Fiction by heart. ;)

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Let me remind everyone once again to read the Rules of Conduct before posting. There is entirely too much baiting going on in this thread. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.