Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord of the Rings Online: November Update Goes Live

2»

Comments

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Originally posted by Jellyf1sh

Originally posted by JeroKane

Originally posted by SIMPLEMAN619

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY (unless you're rich..). I'm quitting lotro today, and this is why:

I was told originally that lotro had standards for game-play... that when the game first started out, it took 5 gold and level 35 just to buy a horse... then they started f2p, with optional content expansion packs from turbine points that you purchase in bundles (my route), AS WELL AS exp buffs for real money... Then came the ability to buy gold with real money... then,  just yesterday, a new interface with even more optional "turbine point" purchases emerged, such as ingredient packs for crafting. what this boiles down to is ONE CAN ALMOST BUY A PRE-LOADED TOON NOW, if you're willing to dish out a few $50s.. This is an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE to those with the $$$. I say STEAR CLEAR OF LOTRO, and invest in a game with a sence of fareness.

I was really shocked and dissapointed at this too tho. This game is becoming more and more Pay 2 Win (like the standard crap Asian F2P games already out there) with each and every update.

It already started when they added those Morale / Power pots to the store. Which lots of people said no big deal. Just a one time thing.

Well.... just with all the stat tomes right? No big deal as they drop in the game.  Only forgetting that the droprate is so ridiculously low, that you have a bigger chance winning the lottery than finding those tomes.

And now you can just max out crafting solely via the store with the latest update. LMAO.  Can't get any more stupid and more money grabbing than this.

I guess people will now finally start discovering the true colors of the "Free 2 Play" concept.

And how Warner Bros. is using Turbine as yet another Corporate cash cow to enrich their empire.

As this is what you get, when Game Studios are being bought up by these huge Emperium Corporations, that know "jack" about games and only care about increasing their capital as much as possible, with as little effort as possible.

I don't get this Pay 2 Win nonsense. Pay 2 win against who? Those people that ganked you all the time?, no, wait - there's no open world PVP (outside of one zone). Forgive me if i'm wrong, but isn't it the environment that's supposed to be getting annoyed (and shafted), after all it's a PVE game. So what's left? am i supposed to be jealous of the toon with a nicer looking cloak than mine?

Maybe it's all about the effort us vets have put in leveling? I remember when i was a lad, i had to get up at the crack of dawn and go off to kill 240 worms in Forochel in order to gain some deed or other, and NOW this young pups come along with their "Turbine Points" and do it in half the time - It's an OUTRAGE i tells ya!

As for Lotro being a cash cow - I bloody well hope so. Surely that was the point of developing the game in the first place. That's why Turbine isn't a registered charity ("Help the Hobbits" or something). Personally I hope Turbine, Warner, Codemasters and everyone else involved in this game make a whole heap of cash. They can skim a fat slice off the top for themselves and plow the rest into developing new content. What do i care? I'm a lifetime subber, i've already taken that leap of faith, and put my money where my mouth is. I also get FREE Turbine Points to buy that nice looking cloak too!

My advice to anyone who doesn't like where this "cash cow" is heading and is thinking of quitting - Maybe you're right, and it is time you found a new pasture to graze in.

Even though i do love this game, do i love every single change that Turbine has made? No. But i'll never lose sight of the fact that it's their game. They have the right to do what ever they like to it. I have faith that they will make more right choices than wrong ones, but if that faith is misplaced, I have the right to walk away.

Are you really that naive to actually think they gonna spend all that extra cash to make more and better content for you?

Yeah I guess that's why we have to wait yet another year to get another digital only mini expansion.

And instead of big frequent book updates, we now get frequent mini patches, with seems to contain mostly updates to the store, and some more ultra repetitive recycled grinds (in form of more skirmishes).

I really envy you for being able to live in the Fairy Tale you seem to be living in. I really do.

Just look at $OE. All that extra cash that has come in from their Stores in EverQuest 2. You seen them returning that back into the game in form of more content and more updates?

Nope. They only accelerated the amount of new stuff going into the store. While the amount of new content updates has only become less. Even expansions have become much smaller.

All that extra money has gone into other, future projects. Not back into the game.

And that is the reality.  And it won't be any different for LOTRO.