Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Myrmidon leaving Mortal Online and going to Darkfall

xlite11xlite11 Member Posts: 5

I am L from myrmidon and I want to tell you that they are moving from Mortal Online and they are going to play Darkfall...  Why?

http://www.myrmidonguild.com/index.php/topic,1325.0.html

Recruitment area  http://www.myrmidonguild.com/index.php/board,30.0.html

Sad to see one of the most active beta guilds moving over to another gameimageimage

Comments

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

So theyre leaving one broken game to go to another broken game? Sounds pretty...counterproductive?

• 2can2can Member Posts: 57

Originally posted by kishe

So theyre leaving one broken game to go to another broken game? Sounds pretty...counterproductive?

whats broken in darkfall?

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

So the guild leaves, and you post on their forums to let them know half of them "were shit"? Sounds pretty dramatic, good sir.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

Well it's always good to see new blood heading to the game, especially if it's a guild which already knows what ffa pvp is all about.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602

wasn't there already a guild called Myrmidons in Darkfall. I remember them having at least 1 flamewar with Apollo on Darkfall Forums before the release.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

DF is unpolished, but it doesnt have bugs on every step you take. I played for 10 hours on tutorial, the only bug I saw was a bugged mob.

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Originally posted by Toferio

DF is unpolished, but it doesnt have bugs on every step you take. I played for 10 hours on tutorial, the only bug I saw was a bugged mob.

So they fixed the bugs allowing people to fly like birds, speedhack, run underground, dupe everything, teleport behind you constantly etc etc?

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

So they fixed the bugs allowing people to fly like birds, speedhack, run underground, dupe everything, teleport behind you constantly etc etc?

I did not stumble upon such problems when I participated in PvP events. DF had a rough launch, I am not denying it but I would say it is lot more stable then MO atm.

Slightly offtopic, but here is an impression of the game written recently by massively:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/11/24/choose-my-adventure-the-wayback-machine/#continued

• WantedRIPWantedRIP Member Posts: 3

lol, i wish the best for Myrm there, but they wil be back after grinde 1 month without pvp...

MO have more bugs than DF...but df have 2 years and mo 5 months...lol

gl Myrm...

• Neoxx27Neoxx27 Member Posts: 63

Yes, a good bit of Myrms are playing darkfall for a lack of another game to play currently.  I dont blame them for not wanting to play MO, but darkfall just really isnt my style.  They seem to be having fun in it for the time being, so more power to them IMO.

I've been trying to push Perpetuum on them, but most just dont like that style of game  :P

• inferno3387inferno3387 Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by Neoxx27

I've been trying to push Perpetuum on them, but most just dont like that style of game  :P

Would be nice if they moved over there, as long as angarato stays with darkfall

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

And the citizens of Mortal Online have been happier ever since.....

Really though, no one will miss them.  They were a random player killer clan with no ability to hold onto or control there own keep or town. 

I predict after there 1 week free trial some of them will regretfully return to MortalOnline.  I hope this won't be the case, but since it takes 6months of afk macroing to stat your character up they'll probably return to MO.  There already complaining about darkfalls grind on the mortal online forums.

On a happy note, the Mortal Online butchery patch is right around the corner.  

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Myrm wont survive on their own as a small guild in darkfall. I know they are the type that rely on themself, but it wont work in darkfall i can tell you that.

The least they can do is allying up with a large clan with resource and act as mercenaries. Problem is, since the grind is harsh, it might take more then 3-6 months depending on how they play and play time to become wanted mercenaries looking for a job.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

After all is said and done, I'm sad to see them go. Fighting against Myrm back in Beta was prolly the most fun time I had in MO. Before all the crap with big pots, endless gold, endless materials that everyone ran with in Open Beta and after Release, it was fun. Hope they find what they're looking for in DF.

See you in the next game Myrms. :)

• inferno3387inferno3387 Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by cirsyndic

After all is said and done, I'm sad to see them go. Fighting against Myrm back in Beta was prolly the most fun time I had in MO. Before all the crap with big pots, endless gold, endless materials that everyone ran with in Open Beta and after Release, it was fun. Hope they find what they're looking for in DF.

See you in the next game Myrms. :)

Many of them moved to Perpetuum as well

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

Originally posted by xlite11

I am L from myrmidon and I want to tell you that they are moving from Mortal Online and they are going to play Darkfall...  Why?

@ OP

Could you post a link to them saying it instead of one with them responding to you trash talking?

Your post makes it seem like they have decided, as a guild, to go to Darkfall. From reading the forums it sounds more like some are going to Darkfall, some to Perpetuumm some staying in MO and a few going other places. 

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Having gotten beaten on by Myrmidon a few times in the lenghty beta of MO (I rode with AI at the time), it will be interesting to encounter them again when they move over.

I've been playing Darkfall since it was on sale for 75% off a few weeks ago (3 weeks? 4? i forget) - and you know what.. it's quite fun. The only bug I've seen was a few days ago some of the lowbie spawns I usually fight stopped working, but the next day everything was back to normal. I wouldn't call it "unpolished", everything is rather slick so far. I haven't seen of the hacks mentioned in the quote above. AV is apparently keen on banning those types pretty fast these days, based on what I read.

I've been attacked a number of times by reds, getting killed once, but for the most part it's peaceful in my newb area and the community is quite helpful (on the wolf side anyway, no idea about the other races, I hear alfar or whatever they are called have lots of twits or something)

The one big complaint people seem to have about DF in it's forums is "the grind" - which in my opinion is like a day 1 EvE player complaining about "the grind" to be able to fight 2 year old vets.. not going to happen. Not supposed to happen.. So dunno if that's a design flaw where the vets should have more interesting things to do than bother lowbies in DF.. who knows.

• BuniontToesBuniontToes Member Posts: 529

DFO is the only game I have ever seen retro-actively, perma-ban accounts, and ALL asscoiated accounts (through IP and various means)  when new detection methods are developed.

I would say that AV has the best record against hackes/cheaters in my 12 years of playing MMOs.

• BelegStrongbowBelegStrongbow Member UncommonPosts: 296

Darkfall is not broken.

You should be embaressed to say that.

• DiekfooDiekfoo Member Posts: 583

I don't know what this thread really want to say. But saying the Myrms have left MO for another game is a lie, right now there are people from Myrm playing MO. Cyde is one of them. 

So, this is yet another false thread here.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

Originally posted by Diekfoo

I don't know what this thread really want to say. But saying the Myrms have left MO for another game is a lie, right now there are people from Myrm playing MO. Cyde is one of them. 

Interesting....

Cyde

Initiate

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 04:53:51 PM »

He was good when the game required skill, now you say hes bad ... when he's been inactive and the game is a laggy piece of shit with no skill involved .. figure...

Chat all you want about the blocking system, for me it's useless, people hit me while im stood behind them like i mentioned to you on irc.. as far as im concerned this game isnt worth playing til whats happening on my screen is whats happening on their screen. til then im not playing.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Interesting....

The topic was that Myrm leaving MO and still we see Myrms playing MO. Isn't that fun. ;) 

• ChubbyjesusChubbyjesus Member Posts: 53

Originally posted by Khealler

wasn't there already a guild called Myrmidons in Darkfall. I remember them having at least 1 flamewar with Apollo on Darkfall Forums before the release.

Wow what a memory. Yah there was a guild called Myrmidons in DF, I was leading Apollo back during that forum tiffle, before I turned over power and quit.

Darkfall was such poop, im shocked anyone would be playing that. Same thing happened there as in MO, game was crap and most people left. Now its all diehards and free trials..

Im trying out Perpetuum now with Knox, seems pretty cool.

It don't matter if they're laughing with you or at you, so long as they're laughing.

Interesting....

Cyde

Initiate

View Profile

He was good when the game required skill, now you say hes bad ... when he's been inactive and the game is a laggy piece of shit with no skill involved .. figure...

Chat all you want about the blocking system, for me it's useless, people hit me while im stood behind them like i mentioned to you on irc.. as far as im concerned this game isnt worth playing til whats happening on my screen is whats happening on their screen. til then im not playing.

Just to make this thread even more stupid ....

20 min ago on IRC, Cyde (Myrmidon) wrote:

"08:43    [Myrm]Cyde    i resubbed on sunday"

Cyde really think MO is so bad so he continued to subscribe on MO. 

• ltankltank Member UncommonPosts: 293

Interesting....

Cyde

Initiate

View Profile

Just to make this thread even more stupid ....

20 min ago on IRC, Cyde (Myrmidon) wrote:

"08:43    [Myrm]Cyde    i resubbed on sunday"

Cyde really think MO is so bad so he continued to subscribe on MO. 

Funny how you never got a response.