Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cata Dungeons

LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Simple question I think. How many new dungeons come with Cata and are they different dynamics then TBC and WOTLK. I found the last 2 x pacs dungeons became really stale fast. Thanks.

Comments

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Anyone??

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

The new dungeons are

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

are what hehe???

• thafireballthafireball Member Posts: 200

than =/= then

• liquescentliquescent Member UncommonPosts: 145

Cata Dungeaons:

1. Abyssal Maw

Throne of the Tides (80-81)

2. Blackrock Mountain

Blackrock Caverns (80-81)

Blackwing Descent (10/25 raid)

3. The Skywall

Vortex Pinnacle (82-84)

Throne of the Four Winds (10/25 raid)

4. Deepholm

Stonecore (82-84)

5. Uldum

Lost City of Tol'vir (85)

Halls of Origination (85)

6. Grim Batol

Grim Batol (85)

Bastion of Twilight (10/25 raid)

7. The Firelands (10/25 raid)

8. Caverns of Time

War of the Ancients (10/25 raid)

9. Old-world dungeons [gaining new 5-player Heroic mode]

Deadmines

Shadowfang Keep

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

It was my understanding the new 80+ dungeons were going to be very similar to ICC 5 mans.. I hope not as small and quick, but shorter then WoTLK dungeons, which were even shorter then the BC ones..  I have not heard about the raids yet

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Originally posted by Rydeson

It was my understanding the new 80+ dungeons were going to be very similar to ICC 5 mans.. I hope not as small and quick, but shorter then WoTLK dungeons, which were even shorter then the BC ones..  I have not heard about the raids yet

Short is good. And i heard they put CCs back into dungeons, which is also good.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

Not exactly..  We always had the option to CC any dungeon we felt like.. IF the gang wanted to.. but most just decided it was easier to just AOE everything..  That will still hold true in 99% of the new dungeons.. CC is NOT back, nor will it be a serious option.. Why?   Because too many will bitch if they dont' have a mage, or other CC options in the group..  Imagine a dungeon that requires CC and you use the LFD tool and there isn't CC in the group, everyone quits and requeues for a new group..