Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want some opinions

LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

My wife and I are waiting on Rift, SWTOR, and GW2, that said what game of these 5 would you play to kill time till then. We have played them all just curious to see what people will say, and hell we re sitting here wanting to play them all but time permitting wont allow it :)

Comments

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Interesting so far.

Keep them coming, wife will be home in a few hours, I want her to see this :)

• bomjbomj Member UncommonPosts: 184

I had to make a similar choice and I went back to playing Lotro. 

I tried aion and i was bored. 

I had played WoW and tired of dealing with all the account BS.

DAOC would be good game but you will be in a world by yourself. 

There is so much negative written about FFXIV I wouldnt touch it. 

I loved warhammer at launch but became bored taking meaniless keeps to get RR70 and screwed up siege mechanics.  Out of your choices I picked warhammer.  I dont think I could go back but for someone new the early levels are fun and will keep you entertained for free.

• kirak2009kirak2009 Member UncommonPosts: 543

I voted  Wow  Cata,  as much as it  get's  beaten up here,  it is a great game,  cata  might  just be enough  to get over  the hill  until something  new  comes out :)

at least  those are my  plans  comes the 7th  lol

"All expectation leads to suffering" Buhhda

Ya, I hear ya. Ad far as DAOC goes we had an awesome guild on mid and hell I m a skald main so I had no problem usually getting to the guild groups if need be. That said, I m not sure what Cata has to offer, because when we hit end game we got so sick of the same thing everyday. If we made a new char and saw the new changes maybe it will last us since we re slow ass levelers.

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

i say grab yourself one game on steam promotion or one ftp grindy just to kill time and NOT money instead of spending rivers of money on those titles that end being as much entertaining as the free ones image

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Kenaoshi
    i say grab yourself one game on steam promotion or one ftp grindy just to kill time and NOT money instead of spending rivers of money on those titles that end being as much entertaining as the free ones

This. There's no 'None of the Above' option to select.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Of the ones you listed, I chose WAR.  It's really easy to get into as a filler game.

Heck, you can play Tier 1 for free.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Probably none of the above, I'm playing FE right now.  But that isn't what you asked, so I chose DAOC, because I guess I wouldn't mind seeing what the games like now that everythings consolidated into a single world.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

I hear what you guys are saying, that said I have to take the wife into consideration. She s a lot more picky then me when it comes to MMOs. I m just happy I have a wife that even plays them, so I won t rock the boat :) FTP games etc she hates, I played FE and liked it but she wouldn t even look at it. Her faves are AC, FFXI and DAOC. She really likes what WAR has done and loved WOW, except when we hit end game for a month or 2. It s tough because are far as content goes I know FFXI has probably more then we even need, WOW has alot as well, DAOC is pure fun end game, but she likes being a healer and she hates how alot of DAOC players treat them hehe. Love playing with the wife, but she can make it harder to pick. If Vanguard had a big player base I would love to try it again.

• ClerigoClerigo Member UncommonPosts: 400

Well, from that list had to go for WoW...WAR is ok also but falls a bit short when compared to WOW.

Dont touch the other games in your list.

F2P...humm..found Zentia to be an average one.

Im also killing time while i wait for GW2....dont ask me...

I know the list is limited, but basically thats what the wife said she would play. With a few more P2P games listed from you guys and gals I might be able to convince her. More votes are appreciated.

Not suprising WOW is 1st, but War 2nd i m suprised even though we really enjoyed our 14 free days back with the new patch. DAOC 3rd makes sense to me as with the consolidated servers is alot of fun. Aion we really liked the improvements, and FFXIV, beleive it or not I think will be a good game in time. In time is the key to that game though.

Hmm Looks like it s WOW.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

Unless you really want PvP, i'd suggest LoTRO.. out of those.. i guess WoW maybe because it has new expac...i've never played it.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO