Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures: Monthly Update News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Age of Conan Executive Producer Craig Morrison has posted the November Monthly Update at the official site. The update features an impressive list of items and news that the team has been working on during November. In addition to input from developers on subjects as wide-ranging as PvP, balance issues, content upgrades and more, Morrison revealed that updates will come in small chunks rather than in an all-inclusive single patch.

New winter festival event

One element that we haven’t revealed yet is the addition of a new Winter festival for Hyboria. Off the back of the second successful year of the Nights of Lost Souls, we wanted to continue by adding a new seasonal event for the Winter Solstice.  With another series of new quests, players will help the Aesir celebrate the winter solstice by helping them defend against Vanir aggression that threatens to disrupt the festivities. With a whole host of seasonal rewards to be earned we have taken what worked well with the previous seasonal event and expanded upon it for this winter offering. We’ll have a more in-depth preview article on the community portal as the update gets ready for the live servers.

Read more here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Shifty48Shifty48 Member UncommonPosts: 24

I have played Conan from day one, and after a very bad start stopped playing, but after a year went back, as most of the bugs have gone.

I dont think Funcom realise what a jewel of a game this is.

Sad to say the last addon in my book was dreadful all for lvl 80's, as most stuff is game.

Trying to get lvl 30 or 40 armour is getting very hard, as all the peeps are now 80, so to me the game is on its way out cos no new blood is coming in, and lots of servers are now bare.

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

I find AoC really great and just dont understand why it doesn’t seem to have a larger player base, maybe its the scripted, linear newbie island that puts people off, the game really doesn’t start until 20 once you leave the island.

I think this is probably still the best looking mmo there is by quite a bit and the in-game music is second to none.

If the 2.1 updates deliver on what[object Window]s been talked about on the AoC forums (engine update etc..) its going to be worth a sub/re-sub.

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Originally posted by Coolit

I find AoC really great and just dont understand why it doesn’t seem to have a larger player base, maybe its the scripted, linear newbie island that puts people off, the game really doesn’t start until 20 once you leave the island.

I think this is probably still the best looking mmo there is by quite a bit and the in-game music is second to none.

If the 2.1 updates deliver on what[object Window]s been talked about on the AoC forums (engine update etc..) its going to be worth a sub/re-sub.

I think it's mostly a poor beginning and the feeling of being tricked by Funcom that has left a bad taste for most players. Also, Funcom taking theirn sweet time to fix basic things like end game PvP, if they've even finalized that by now.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • jhaijhai Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by Methos12

I think it's mostly a poor beginning and the feeling of being tricked by Funcom that has left a bad taste for most players. Also, Funcom taking theirn sweet time to fix basic things like end game PvP, if they've even finalized that by now.

nope end game pvp is now about hitting rocks more than hitting other players.

• DerWotanDerWotan Member Posts: 1,012

Pretty easy sadly FC screwed up the launch, instanced the whole game and failed to add some skip Tortage option. Yeah tortage was nice the first time, but doing it the 2 and 3rd time (during beta after all the char wipes) I skipped the whole NPC dialoges by pressing 1 1 1.

Personally I didn't like the combat system way to action based for my likings but I think for Conanfans its still a nice game just not my cup of tea.

We need a MMORPG Cataclysm asap, finish the dark age of MMORPGS now!

"Everything you're bitching about is wrong. People don't have the time to invest in corpse runs, impossible zones, or long winded quests. Sometimes, they just want to pop on and play."
    "Then maybe MMORPGs aren't for you."

• SirGradySirGrady Member UncommonPosts: 30

Everytime there is a "play X days for free" campaign i log back into this game.

The biggest issue I have is that there is not enough love the dev put in this game to make me stay and feel home. The world is cold and static. Think for example of ironforge (yeah, wow again). Every NPC there welcomes you with a "Hello", "Hi There", "Whatever"...... AOC: no sound, no movement just boring fullscreen views...

just one point in my list,

G.