Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mass of Beta invites going out in the form of a Survey (And people are mad)

2»

Comments

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Originally posted by whilan

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Its just one disaster after the other with this game. Such unprofesionality speaks much about how the game will be handled (in europe) EA should get clue allready

This beta invite is the first thing that can be even thought of as bad.  Not sure what other "disasters" your thinking of.

Only things i can recall, is EaLouse, which is a disgruntled employee that was more disgruntled with Mythic and just threw This game in there to hurt as many people he disliked as possible.

The interview comment (which some saw as funny others not, typical of a joke)

and the calling in a few members to help the game.

None of these i'd really call a disaster.

Now this beta invite might not be the best way to go about it. But I think the term disaster is too strong.

So unless i'm not seeing something, i think you might be a bit over dramitising a bit.

Maybe.

But it reminds me of another EA MMO : WAR And their decision to use GOA as distributor in Europe. 

(GOA were so incompetent , they even once returned all unsubscribed people to subscribed status by acident. Or on other ocasion charged people 10 subscriptions in one month. And this is before mentioning always crushing servers, bad support and late patches.)

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

We will have to see what happens. Theres no certainty in anything at this point.  Right now the only thing linking War with ToR is two things

3 letter acronyms

and that EA is the financial support for the game.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Gotta say, the people "mad" for reasons stated in that thread over there is pretty gosh dang funny.

• Trident9259Trident9259 Member UncommonPosts: 860

eh, i wonder how they select these emails for the survey...

i celebrate the game in all my posts and i don't get an e-mail survey..... image

• smutsmut Member Posts: 250

So sick of people getting "mad" over the stupidest things these days. The faux outrage and faux indignation is hilarious. It's bled over everywhere, politics, games, news, etc etc.

• Trident9259Trident9259 Member UncommonPosts: 860

Originally posted by smut

So sick of people getting "mad" over the stupidest things these days. The faux outrage and faux indignation is hilarious. It's bled over everywhere, politics, games, news, etc etc.

ya...

quite pointless really. 

even if this third party company was out there phishing no one has a username and password worth anything in that game. 

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

There are two things that a beta tester can say about the beta that do not violate the NDA for SWTOR

1: There is a beta

2: I am in the beta

it's really really helpful for a person to have enough critical thinking skill to look at one of those surveys and realize that it's obviously not a malicious phishing attempt.

and yes...number 2 applies to me, be jealous.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• FunkyLasagneFunkyLasagne Member Posts: 339

Originally posted by Draenor

it's really really helpful for a person to have enough critical thinking skill to look at one of those surveys and realize that it's obviously not a malicious phishing attempt.

If you're going to contribute try and join in while the topic is still being discussed rather than after it has all been resolved.   It's very easy to give it the old  "I knew all along of course" after a subject is resolved, but not very helpful to anyone else.

• harvest151harvest151 Member UncommonPosts: 217

These emails were indeed confirmed in an official SWTOR Forum post by the new Community manager: Stephen Reid:

Some of you may have received an email from Magid, regarding a survey concerning Star Wars: The Old Republic. As there has been some confusion, we wanted to let everyone know that it is indeed valid.

We are partnered with a third-party agency, Magid, to conduct some focused playtests for TOR. These are part of our ongoing Game Testing Program. As part of that testing, a number of emails were sent to registered community members like you who'd opted in for game testing.

What to do now? If you were sent an email and haven't clicked through to the survey yet, well, go ahead and click. If you haven't been emailed, don't bother asking someone else to share; the surveys are individually linked to email addresses. If you are selected for testing, we'll let you know with an official email, this time!

Of course, I have to remind everyone that everything to do with Game Testing is bound by the
    Game Testing Agreement - and that means if you're selected, apart from telling people that you've been selected, everything else is confidential.

Happy Thanksgiving to all Stateside!