Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Earthrise: Gameplay Footage Revealed

Comments

• Joker2240Joker2240 Member Posts: 664

Originally posted by Cognito

This looks pretty bad. Not completely not worth-while, but still pretty bad. Animations, as others have said, are not that great - The melee dude looks overpowered. Like, he always got to the target, and killed them in like two swings. Maybe that was just a demonstration of a character that is quite a few levels higher than what it was fighting, I'm not sure.

And is there any other mode of transport other than that super slow jog he does? I hope so...

Hover bikes... I do believe it's been a while since I have heard anything about that. 

There is no lvls there is only battle ratings which is that number you see next to the players avatar (in the video the guy "masthead" has a battle rating of 100) but when they introduce melee class a lot of people thought it would turn out like the video shows. We were right about it they are extremely strong and there will be little to no point in having a gun if you get rick rolled by a melee class.

• guy232guy232 Member UncommonPosts: 350

Oh lord. what has been seen cannot be unseen... 

It..Burns..

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

Combat looked better than before, but it's hard to really tell how it is without playing it.

Someone already mentioned this, but it looks like the character isn't part of the world. They slide too much.

Scenery looked great as always.

Armor looked decent. It would've been nice to see different kinds of armor and variations on the same armor.

Overall it's better than the last combat vid, but the character animations are pretty bad. Especially Mr. Knives' running animation. WTH is that?

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Originally posted by SBFord

Masthead Studios has finally revealed that which players have been clamoring for: In-game footage from Earthrise!

Originally posted by guy232

Oh lord. what has been seen cannot be unseen... 

I already commented, but was probably too wordy, though my views seem to be in-line with most others.  I just thought that thinking about what Ford wrote in the intro, and then what guy232 wrote in response was a pretty funny and more succinct. :)

• WardropWardrop Member Posts: 462

This is a funny joke right... I mean really... Ther whole time i was sitting there thinking, this vids gonna have a flashing banner pop up with a new screen saying just jokin then POW the real game gets shown.

Were are the FPS controls with soft targeting.. i see no real difference then point and click.. i mean your aiming for Tabula Rasa aim system.... not three generations ago ( " were limited by the tech of the time..." ) aiming.

Yea knocking the dude out of cloths, screamed fail, and the guy with the knifes .. not sure wtf he was doing.. but one thing i noticed he took it to the face from pretty damn far away, and he lived.. fuck that...

Stop playing with the toy robot and fix this disaster. Or piss off, ill play something else.

I just know there's gonna be a you tube spoof of the dagger dork doing the penguin run yelling  LALALALALA

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Originally posted by parrotpholk

Not bad. Thank god they finally released something.  Overall I give it a B- due to combat looking so clunky and rough but if this is early beta I am sure it will improve.  I  really like the look and feel of the world but some flora would be nice.

Well the last combat footage was over a year and a half ago and this isnt that big a step up from what was shown then IMO so if it took them this long to get this footage from what was last shown I wouldnt hold my breathe for either 1) the game releasing soon or 2) the combat changing dramatically.

Originally posted by Wardrop

Where are the FPS controls with soft targeting.. i see no real difference then point and click.. i mean your aiming for Tabula Rasa aim system.... not three generations ago ( " were limited by the tech of the time..." ) aiming.

Yea knocking the dude out of cloths, screamed fail, and the guy with the knifes .. not sure wtf he was doing.. but one thing i noticed he took it to the face from pretty damn far away, and he lived.. fuck that...

the fps controls with soft targeting is there is just hard to tell as the video software does not show the reticle.  I am sure it will be more noticeable once in game especially with the option of free aim. 

there is no hitboxes in this game so of course he would live, don't get this confused with a standard single player  fps game.

• CognitoCognito Member Posts: 198

Originally posted by Joker2240

Originally posted by Cognito

This looks pretty bad. Not completely not worth-while, but still pretty bad. Animations, as others have said, are not that great - The melee dude looks overpowered. Like, he always got to the target, and killed them in like two swings. Maybe that was just a demonstration of a character that is quite a few levels higher than what it was fighting, I'm not sure.

And is there any other mode of transport other than that super slow jog he does? I hope so...

Hover bikes... I do believe it's been a while since I have heard anything about that. 

There is no lvls there is only battle ratings which is that number you see next to the players avatar (in the video the guy "masthead" has a battle rating of 100) but when they introduce melee class a lot of people thought it would turn out like the video shows. We were right about it they are extremely strong and there will be little to no point in having a gun if you get rick rolled by a melee class.

Agreed.

Put through the personal paces of my crippled fingers.

• DraccanDraccan Member Posts: 1,050

Incredible amount of BLEH here.... graphics, animations, sound, editing of video, presenting of gameplay, combat, game world...

I was lately beginning to fear the worst for this game... unfortunately it was worse than I feared...

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789

It kind of reminds me of Tabula Rasa, but I am going to put off my analysis of the game until I can truly play it. The concept of the game looks very interesting so I will still follow this one.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

other than the animations, the game looked okay.  not omgwonderful, not omgterribad.

the animations looked like trash tho (the one guy looked like someone in a bondage suit with rulers strapped to his sleeves) and i woujlda liked to see the crafting UI.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112

Yes people thats the CLOSED beta stage. I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet.

• nathanebhtnathanebht Member Posts: 34

Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

Animations do 'not' look great, but remind me of the very stiff, non-fluid animations I saw of Xsyon 6months ago.

Game-play does 'not' look great, but clunky.

Graphics do 'not' look great, but I am assuming they were 'low' resolution.

Environments do 'not' look great, but sterile.

I am glad that someone is brave enough to release footage so we know things are still in-development, but be honest, things are 'still' in-development. 

Granted this was a very brief look/view, but if it's their best representation at this point in time, I could understand if they need another year to really make game-play, mechanics, environments, and overall coding more robust, clean, polished, smooth, etc.

The jogging and standing animations looked good. The combat animations were just awful!

After tracking this game for a while, now I've lost all interest. Suggest they go F2P from the start.

• drake_hounddrake_hound Member Posts: 773

Sorry while i like it , but its not polished or smooth the gameplay .

I cannot imagine going trough another beta game like that again .

The pvp combat shows me its unbalanced already , where the melee just charge in and finish off shooter without even dropping to half health cause of the forcefield .

I dont know , it looks good for a product 3 years ago , but its a small niche in the market .

• Nekky_FateNekky_Fate Member UncommonPosts: 162

I really liked TR and have been excited about this game coming out but after watching this video I hate to say that I am pretty disappointed. Hopefully they will put out some better footage...

• FalendorFalendor Member UncommonPosts: 81

animations look shitty and the combat is really basic mmo stuff.  hud and game world look good though.

if they have time to fix the animations might be a good game, i know alot of peaple have been looking forward to this game.

Originally posted by Falendor

animations look shitty and the combat is really basic mmo stuff.  hud and game world look good though.

if they have time to fix the animations might be a good game, i know alot of peaple have been looking forward to this game.

Yes, fix the animation first then add partial cover then improve environment and then that would be an awesome game!

• ShredderSEShredderSE Member Posts: 197

Awww man I been waiting for a long time... and wtf have they done? Like other say, that guy with knifes look terrible wrong... and I'm sure it will not change.

The character move ok, but do they run on the ground or not? It look wierd.

There is no life in the nature just a picture of grass and flowers....

It's like a mix of SWG, AO and FE.

Hope they start working!

• ShredderSEShredderSE Member Posts: 197

When I think about it again. It's too much work for them. It will fail.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

I am not impressed. Combat and general animation looked like they were moving in a huge cauldron of porridge.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • Killua0615Killua0615 Member Posts: 53

was this game Bulgarian? or thats what i know.. if it is, imma be proud :D

^^

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

I'm quietly optimiistic about this game..  I think they are heading in the right direction.  I'll certainly sub when its out (hopefully get to test as well) to give it a whirl for 6 months to see how it progresses.

Oh and you eye candy whores...  Animation maketh a game not.

Oh and its BETA FFS!!

• RadioMaryjaRadioMaryja Member UncommonPosts: 123
    well, im not impressed. hopefully it will be more polised when its FINALLY released.

• SecurionSecurion Member Posts: 206

Animation is everything.

Graphics can suck and be very basic, but good animations is King or you just uninstall while cringing.

Graphics are not that important since almost anyone can feel immersed in any kind of graphical style. But if things move in a weird way... immersion will break and you will never feel connected to whats going on on the screen.

Im not very impressed with the animations in Earthrise, although they seem to progress from the last video... Enviroments are OK, combat seems dumbed down and casual. But then again, that should suit the average MMO player. No offense to anyone, but thats really how it is.

More rubble, more foilage, more stuff to hide behind, move around, explore, or the world will be very small in all its greatness.

Framerates might go down but then again, this isnt really an FPS, so who cares?

I will probably wait a few weeks after release before maybe buying the game.

• M4koM4ko Member Posts: 385

Originally posted by jiveturkey12

The game was announced a little less than three years ago wasnt it? And isnt this an indie company?

Come on guys, lets give it some time, this is one of the first gameplay footage vids they have showed, and its not all bad. I laughed once and went "WTF?!" at least twice, thats not too bad in my book.

roflmao, how many WTFs does it take for you to dismiss the game?