Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online Patch Notes for 30 November

RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

Looks like they added a compass in game and perhaps the beginning of actual quests.

Interesting...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• QunitillianQunitillian Member Posts: 99

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Looks like they added a compass in game and perhaps the beginning of actual quests.

Interesting...

When I asked I was always told that there would be no quest system.

• DerpidumDerpidum Member Posts: 89

Well, its not a quest system-just an NPC tells you that there are some mushrooms that can be used for some things and he for example uses them to sell them to barters and will buy some from you if you bring it to him, then its normal vendor part.

And I love that you can just go and buy some basic armor sets now.

• gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

Patch notes for MO always sound so glorious

then well, you download/patch and enter game.....

a quick trip to MO forums does the trick

• QunitillianQunitillian Member Posts: 99

Originally posted by gatheris Patch notes for MO always sound so glorious then well, you download/patch and enter game..... a quick trip to MO forums does the trick

Indeed!  

As the OP in the thread linked below comments, these are the bugs for the latest patch he has noted in his first 5 mins experiencing it

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/56245-bugs-list-version-1-32-02-11-a.html

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Patches are supposed to patch things... Why does everything they release always break more things than it fixes?

"Creatures should now be much less likely to lose sync with the server."

So it's better, but still not fixed.

"Creatures that perform ranged attacks now also do a line of sight test. They will only deal damage when they have a line of sight to their target."

What a gem. Who the heck seriously programs creatures that have ranged attacks to not do LOS checks? Seriously, just a joke.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

I just love seeing the devs dreams of "hardcore" game being crushed by the reality. They were ignorant enough to continue their quest for ultimate hardcore game, ignoring to make it user friendly and fun. Now we see that they realize that even hardcore game have to be userfriendly, since they added armor sets you can buy, compass and tasks.

Reality, meet SV, SV meet Reality.

P.S. yeah, new patch in MO today. When your mount is killed while you are riding it...you get thrown off and end up in sausage lake....Im done

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

Originally posted by Toferio

I just love seeing the devs dreams of "hardcore" game being crushed by the reality. They were ignorant enough to continue their quest for ultimate hardcore game, ignoring to make it user friendly and fun. Now we see that they realize that even hardcore game have to be userfriendly, since they added armor sets you can buy, compass and tasks.

P.S. yeah, new patch in MO today. When your mount is killed while you are riding it...you get thrown off and end up in sausage lake....Im done

compass was always planned by SV and so were "tasks". i beleive tasks were mentioned way back in the powerpoint presentation. Compass and maps were always planned to be player made but they said for the time being it will remain a GUI feature and was possible to make it due to flash.

Armor sets are a compromise and one i presonally welcome considering the difficulty in MO when starting out ingame.

Chairs are ingame as well and can be used to sit on.

Latest patch seems to have broken quite alot of the game. Mobs seem even less responsive than before the patch and also they seem to move at 2x the speed previously.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Originally posted by deathshroud

compass was always planned by SV and so were "tasks". i beleive tasks were mentioned way back in the powerpoint presentation. Compass and maps were always planned to be player made but they said for the time being it will remain a GUI feature and was possible to make it due to flash.

Armor sets are a compromise and one i presonally welcome considering the difficulty in MO when starting out ingame.

Latest patch seems to have broken quite alot of the game. Mobs seem even less responsive than before the patch and also they seem to move at 2x the speed previously.

Maybe the compass was planned, but it seemed to have broken so many obvious things. When you open the compass and then everyone starts jumping instead of walking around you? How can you miss that? Or when you open it and the UI becomes completely unresponsive... No QA at all.

The compass was done in Flash, and the rest of the GUI isn't... hahahaha.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Originally posted by Qunitillian

Originally posted by gatheris Patch notes for MO always sound so glorious then well, you download/patch and enter game..... a quick trip to MO forums does the trick

Indeed!  

As the OP in the thread linked below comments, these are the bugs for the latest patch he has noted in his first 5 mins experiencing it

add major desync and invisible players.

Has SV abandoned any form of testing these patches?  Didnt henrik promise this wouldnt happen anymore?

I win!!! LOL@U

• AjmagsAjmags Member UncommonPosts: 63

Originally posted by HanoverZ

Originally posted by Qunitillian

Indeed!  

add major desync and invisible players.

Has SV abandoned any form of testing these patches?  Didnt henrik promise this wouldnt happen anymore?

Abandoned ? When have they ever tested anything ? All throughout Beta the patches were failures causing them to waste time fixing what they broke rather than moving forward with new stuff.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

I'm not going to bother looking it up.. but after the last patch (or the one prior) Henrick blamed the compiler for making all the errors.  Remember.. he said they tested their patches but these bugs were impossible to detect because they didn't exist until it was compiled.  As a result he promised to have his testing team go into the game after the patch (prior to allowing the public in) and thoroughly test it to make sure that there would be no more issues from now on...

From what I see, it doesn't sound like that happened...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

I'm not going to bother looking it up.. but after the last patch (or the one prior) Henrick blamed the compiler for making all the errors.  Remember.. he said they tested their patches but these bugs were impossible to detect because they didn't exist until it was compiled.  As a result he promised to have his testing team go into the game after the patch (prior to allowing the public in) and thoroughly test it to make sure that there would be no more issues from now on...

From what I see, it doesn't sound like that happened...

"The good part is that we finally found out why so many of our patches have issues in areas we haven’t even touched which was as frustrating for us as for the players affected. We have made a very strict procedure how to ship a patch to really avoid any failure on our end."

Whos fault was this patch?

I win!!! LOL@U

Originally posted by Benthon

Originally posted by deathshroud

Maybe the compass was planned, but it seemed to have broken so many obvious things. When you open the compass and then everyone starts jumping instead of walking around you? How can you miss that? Or when you open it and the UI becomes completely unresponsive... No QA at all.

the compass hasnt broken anything as far as im aware, i have heard of a few glitches with the compass in directx10 appearing wrongly or not at all usually due to people editing their ini files prior to patching. There are bugs with this patch and it is annoying but the compass didnt break anything itsj ust a flash ui how could it. Also the current library is in flash as well but there the only 2 things in flash at the moment.

• ItinerantItinerant Member UncommonPosts: 89

That's right... blame most ALL the public at large for the bugs, because they tinkered with thier client.

Yup, everyone is at fault.

We understand ya.

Don't you have some in-game issues to work on, besides damage control?

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

i love MO

i dont even play it but i find it vastly entertaining

reading threads about this stuff cracks me up!

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

Originally posted by Benthon

Flash support was added in the latest patch of the engine from Epic. They plan to transition much (if not all) of the UI features over to flash. The book vendors menus already are in flash.

With the compass open I was able to use all the UI elements.  (look at my skills, move things around in my inventory etc.). The issue is you have to stay in mouse-look mode. When you exit mouse-look mode, the focus shifts to the flash elements. As a game designed for FPV, mouse-look is the default.

Originally posted by MiteFiend

That's right... blame most ALL the public at large for the bugs, because they tinkered with thier client.

Yup, everyone is at fault.

We understand ya.

Don't you have some in-game issues to work on, besides damage control?

Im not sure if your talking about me. But if you are then i find it a little rude for you to tell me to get lost simply becuase my opinions about the game go agaisnt the majority of hate mongerers on these forums. I am certainly not a fanboy and im certainly not a troll. Im also certainly not a dev of any kind im just trying to give people an honest view of what is happening to my knowledge.  People claiming the whole game has just broken down because of a compass is completely wrong so why shouldnt i try to put people straight on it. Also i never at all mentuoned that what sv are oding is ok or not. I simply stated exactly what is being said. That problems with the compass are being linked to people who edited their .ini files after being specifically told not to by SV since the day of release.

I beleive this recent patch was a step in the right direction. Because the game is so hard on new players. But of course theres still some big bugs in this new patch that we all would like SV to try to stop when releasing patches.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

By the way, the hotfix is currently patching.

Originally posted by Rohn

Does the hot fix address all the bugs caused by the lastest patch?

I win!!! LOL@U

• NeoptolemusNeoptolemus Member Posts: 242

I'm more interested in what it breaks this time.

• AjmagsAjmags Member UncommonPosts: 63

Why would they put A Compass in MO ? The map is tiny and you can easily tell North South East and West . Actully you can learn that entire map in a day or 2 if you really wanted too. So why the Compass ? Ahh they finally learned to code one since they were so aganist it originally . That or maybe they got one of the players to code it in like they did their patcher

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

The general consensus is that the hotfix was pretty effective, though there might still be a couple of issues.

Today, they did a server hotfix to correct another issue, and add something new:

-Fixed the armor exploit bug.

-Also slowly introducing learning a new skill by using or discovering it by using, based on our original design. You will still be able to buy the skill books to increase the experience faster or when logged out.

• wmada2kwmada2k Member UncommonPosts: 193

And it is working great! The only thing now is that my char is alittle too weak, can the patcher please fix that as wel!? ;o)

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

I always like to see MO getting better and better after each patches. Now that the desync problem is resolved, i might try it this summer.

Im currently focusing on darkfall and i cant play 2 mmorpg's at once.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif