Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My first 15 levels: the Good the Bad and the Ugly

UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568

Just started playing this past weekend.

THE GOOD:

Excellent Graphics

Generous Rewards

Friendly Community

Lots of "convience tools"

Many quests

Have not experienced any bugs

THE BAD:

Music is one step above "Elevator Music" at a doctors office in the 1970's

Some anime style "cutsie tootsie" stuff

Although the quests are more rewarding now, and EXP is faster, its still a GRIND, albiet a fun GRIND.

THE UGLY:

Repetitive kind of like EQ1, except without the "whack a mole" type grind.

Overall Aion is still a fun game, and I am hoping it gets better as I level up.

Comments

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

i hate to do this to you since Aion is actually a good game but the first 15 levels have absolutely no grind.

actually the first 25esh levels are a breeze, and even all the rest of the levels (up to 50 or so) have been hugely shortened in order to decrease the grind.

now, at launch there was a grind! getting to 50 took a heck of an effort, now days it's super easy. back then it easely took twice the ammount of exp it takes now to level, and that was just the grind for xp..... if you wanted gold you had to farm for that too, then you had to farm for epic loot, and if you wanted Abyss points you had to farm the Abyss......now THAT was a grind. it's easy sauce now.

as for the music you can just turn it off.

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

i hate to do this to you since Aion is actually a good game but the first 15 levels have absolutely no grind.

actually the first 25esh levels are a breeze, and even all the rest of the levels(up to 50 or so) have been hugely shortened in order to decrease the grind.

now at launch there was a grind. getting to 50 took a heck of an effort, now days it's incredibly easier. back then it easely took twice the ammount of exp it takes now to level.

as for the music you can just turn it off.

Jak pretty much hit it.  Grind at 15...seriously?   I can get level 15 in Aion in a few hours.  If you think getting to level 15 in Aion is a grind you need to stop playing MMO's altogether.  The grind in Aion doesnt really kick in till maybe level 25 - 30 range. 

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628

I've found that things seem to slow down a bit in the 8-15 range depending on class, then pick up again until the mid 20s.  Some classes take longer to mature, and most of the classes seem to have level slumps where skills aren't keeping up with the content.

• monothmonoth Member Posts: 551

Wait until you hit 25 and try out the pvp in the abyss..... MUAHAHAHAHA

You will have to fight against level 55's who are padding there kill score and there lower level twinks who are completely geared out.  Bottom Line your going to die a lot. 

If your new to game or returning after being gone for many months, you might as well just uninstall the game now because you won't have a chance in hell to compete against players who have been playing since day 1.

As for PvE, there are many better PvE MMO's then Aion.... Aion's PvE is more of a tack on as the game is more pvp based, except they have butchered PvP in the last several patches.

• Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by UnleadedRev

Just started playing this past weekend.

THE GOOD:

Excellent Graphics

Generous Rewards

Friendly Community

Lots of "convience tools"

Many quests

Have not experienced any bugs

THE BAD:

Music is one step above "Elevator Music" at a doctors office in the 1970's

Some anime style "cutsie tootsie" stuff

Although the quests are more rewarding now, and EXP is faster, its still a GRIND, albiet a fun GRIND.

THE UGLY:

Repetitive kind of like EQ1, except without the "whack a mole" type grind.

Overall Aion is still a fun game, and I am hoping it gets better as I level up.

1-15 are the good times in Aion...easy levels tons of drops...very fun. I didn't see a grind til level 30 since your first group instance is at level 25. I really didn't feel any different from questin in WOW than Aion tbh.

• Sorrows101Sorrows101 Member Posts: 23

Originally posted by monoth

You will have to fight against level 55's who are padding there kill score and there lower level twinks who are completely geared out.  Bottom Line your going to die a lot. 

If your new to game or returning after being gone for many months, you might as well just uninstall the game now because you won't have a chance in hell to compete against players who have been playing since day 1.

As for PvE, there are many better PvE MMO's then Aion.... Aion's PvE is more of a tack on as the game is more pvp based, except they have butchered PvP in the last several patches.

Why are you even on Aion forum? Just to hate on a game that you obviously quit or failed at?

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

You can pretty much ignore this whole post as it is full of inaccuracies.  Aion is a great PvE game, its the one things they have done well.  Yeah PvP is a second thought but you cant knock the PvE game.  With 2.0 new content and 2.1 drop rates, they added 3 solo instances, etc.  Beshnumdir Temple has great boss fights that are a lot of fun.  As for level 55's and / or well geared players..guess what...any game with PvP has players who will likely outgear you.  If I went to play WOW today(I havent played in 3 years) there will be people higher then me and more geared then me...so I guess I shouldnt play WOW then huh? 

• scythe99scythe99 Member Posts: 326

Originally posted by Sorrows101

Why are you even on Aion forum? Just to hate on a game that you obviously quit or failed at?

Imo if someone is more than 10 levels lower than you, you should be penalized for ganking them imo. pretty silly in any game for a max lv char to be able to benefit from killing someone 30 levels lower.

"An MMORPG could be completely diffirent from WoW. Just look at games like Dofus, Wizard101 or EVE. But as it is, most of the Western MMOs are trying to succeed by out-WoWing WoW. It's like an army of 10 sports games made about same sports, and barely none about other sports. WoW clone is an accurate description of those games, it manages to convey much information with only two words."
    -Poster on mmorpg.com

Rift: World of Warcraft clone #9321 Nothing special to see here move along.