Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Population of MO

ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Found this interesting thread.. Some fans argue that the game is not empty by providing such breathtaking numbers as whole *gasp* 8 people in a town..

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/55864-population.html

Could anyone share an up to date opinion on the games population? Seen some videos with decent numbers, about 50 people in PvP events, but outside of that it feels rather.. empty.

Comments

• KalimniKalimni Member UncommonPosts: 74

Last I read, they had something like 30k subscribers, but that was a while ago.

As far as I know its relativly dead.

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Originally posted by Kalimni

Last I read, they had something like 30k subscribers, but that was a while ago.

As far as I know its relativly dead.

MO has never had 30K subscribers, they haven't even sold that many copies. ( easily verified in SV financial reports)  Where are you getting this number?  I highly doubt MO even has 3000 subs atm.   Sure you arent confusing Henriks wild statement about the game now supporting 27000 players???

MO population is abysmal, I'd guess there are around 100 on during NA prime.  Im lucky to see more than a few people in towns. Id see more people in a round of Call of Duty than in an evening of MO. I haven't notice much improvement given the "7 days" event. 

I win!!! LOL@U

[mod edit]

One would think the population of an MMOrpg would be relevant and worthy of continued discussion. image

The "7 additonal days" is new and the referenced post is only days old. 

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/55864-population.html

(clickable link added) image

You have to take many claims in the right context, In MO getting 50 people together is considered a big event.

I win!!! LOL@U

• jimbo775jimbo775 Member Posts: 30

I was playing MO for free last saturday during US East Coast prime time.

I've been to 2 different towns (Fabernum and Meduli).

Fabernum was empty and meduli had 8-10 people for around 5 hours.

If I had to bet without any official information, based only on what I think is right, i'd say MO has less than 200 active players, and no more than 100 concurrent players at any given time.

Mortal Online is like a prostitute that tells you she loves you so she can get more money out of your horny pocket.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

i dont think you can call it an mmo unless you have at least 1000 people on at a time, they dont all have to be in the same spot, but at least on the server at once =p

and here i thought darkfall was too dead to play when it had over 1000 people on during prime time.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

at a guess i would say 300-400 players on at once in MO which is indeed low. But considering there complete lack of marketing the game is no suprise really. Even games much worse than mo have higher player numbers due to marketing.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• QunitillianQunitillian Member Posts: 99

Originally posted by deathshroud

at a guess i would say 300-400 players on at once in MO which is indeed low. But considering there complete lack of marketing the game is no suprise really. Even games much worse than mo have higher player numbers due to marketing.

At a guess I would say half that range i.e. 150-200.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Originally posted by deathshroud

SV hasn't done much marketing, but much marketing has been done for them. All the negativity at this games release (lol @ the sandbox art book) and it's awful patches does much more than SV's manifest destiny to remove all negativity from their site and forums in general.

The fact that the compass is done in flash and the rest of the GUI is not, just makes it so much more obvious why they are having these problems.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

You guys know that Kootenay leaked concurrent server population over IRC a few days ago right?

When comparing Mortal Online with Mount and Blade Kootenay blurted out that Mount and Blade doesn't have more then 500 concurrent players on there server.  

It stands to reason that Mortal Online has at least 500 concurrent players on the server and from the looks of it the real number is much higher.  

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

Originally posted by username509

You guys know that Kootenay leaked concurrent server population over IRC a few days ago right?

When comparing Mortal Online with Mount and Blade Kootenay blurted out that Mount and Blade doesn't have more then 500 concurrent players on there server.  

It stands to reason that Mortal Online has at least 500 concurrent players on the server and from the looks of it the real number is much higher.  

How does that in anyway reflect MO numbers?  Regardless, the only thing we know as fact is MO doesnt have enough people to break even financially.  Anyone who plays MO knows how deserted the game truly is.

We'll have a very accurate number when SV releases the Q4. (ends in a month) 

Its pretty funny how the weight of Kootenays statements vary.

"hes just a volunteer forum mod,blah.blah"  to the "voice of SVs inner workings" 

I win!!! LOL@U

• NeoptolemusNeoptolemus Member Posts: 242

Originally posted by username509

What has mount and blade's population got to do with mortal online? Sounds like a desperate attempt to draw attention away from MO's troubles.

From the looks of it, given that at peak time there are usually 10 or fewer people in the cities according to those who still play the game, I'd say its less than 100.

• cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

Volunteer mods don't have access to the server; as far as I know only Maerlyn and Discord (aside from the devs) have access to the server.

• UrpoUrpo Member Posts: 18

500 players during peak time what I'm told.

Originally posted by cirsyndic

Volunteer mods don't have access to the server; as far as I know only Maerlyn and Discord (aside from the devs) have access to the server.

We should at least get a very accurate number in regards to subscriptions when SV releases the Q4 report.  How many of those online at any one time will be rather subjective, but I think the total number will be low enough not to matter.

I win!!! LOL@U

• hatethissitehatethissite Member Posts: 2

Slowly but surely they get more subs. with good reason too. this game just might go thro

Originally posted by hatethissite

Slowly but surely they get more subs. with good reason too. this game just might go thro

What reason might that be and what are you basing the 'increase" in subs on?  Ive seen a dramatic DECREASE since playing at release.

PS- Nice name and welcome to the forums. image

I win!!! LOL@U

• QunitillianQunitillian Member Posts: 99

I tend to agree with HanoverZ. There is just no evidence that they are increasing their subs. On the contrary I think a stronger case can made that they are losing subs.