Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

rp question

my question is, i just recently started to play lotro and noticed some sign with server name, for example (rp) and server name, what does it mean? btw do u know what server is the most crowded in lotro (im using free2play client i think so)

Comments

• BarakIIIBarakIII Member Posts: 800

RP means 'roleplay', which means it's a roleplaying server. Not that the majority of players actually do roleplay. Most just treat it as a normal server and the poor roleplayers have to put up with all kinds of junk from them. Some even join a roleplay server just to make fun of roleplayers, which is pretty pathetic.

I'm hoping TOR will have rp servers. I haven't roleplayed in years, I wouldn't mind getting back into it if I can get the right game with the right guild.

• dpdgmsdpdgms Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by BarakIII

RP means 'roleplay', which means it's a roleplaying server. Not that the majority of players actually do roleplay. Most just treat it as a normal server and the poor roleplayers have to put up with all kinds of junk from them. Some even join a roleplay server just to make fun of roleplayers, which is pretty pathetic.

I'm hoping TOR will have rp servers. I haven't roleplayed in years, I wouldn't mind getting back into it if I can get the right game with the right guild.

but the rp server will be normal played as the other ones? like doing quests, pvpin ,raidin and stuff like that?

• BarakIIIBarakIII Member Posts: 800

Yes, the only difference will be the players themselves and how they like to play. Even then those will be a minority on even an rp server. I'm not sure how they handle pvp, so I can't really answer that aspect. I don't know if this game has specific pvp servers or not.

• dpdgmsdpdgms Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by BarakIII

Yes, the only difference will be the players themselves and how they like to play. Even then those will be a minority on even an rp server. I'm not sure how they handle pvp, so I can't really answer that aspect. I don't know if this game has specific pvp servers or not.

gonna try server laurelin in the game lotro, it says to be most popular rp server

• AteraanAteraan Member Posts: 36

Roleplay (and I'm sure I will be posting alot in this section) is almost a forgotten term in MMO's. Most servers you find that are RP like some of the other posters said are really just encouraged roleplay and not enforced at all.

TORG - Text Only Roleplaying Game, the only way to go. http://www.ateraan.com