Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark and Light 2010!!

adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=12xsh4DP4h0&feature=watch_response

Im sure some of you recall D&L it had some amazing features and some big bugs.  Looks like it might be getting a second chance!  If this is real im on board!

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

Comments

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727

Ok here is a bit more info

http://www.snailgame.net/en/dnl_e.shtml

It looks like its the previous game screen shots. 

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• vincentivincenti Member Posts: 5

Video looks cool, I like the castle hehehe.

Is this gonna be free to play?

• tabarjacktabarjack Member UncommonPosts: 249

nice find, hopefully if it goes international, although this time i might be cautious about buying it due to its previous flop. Hard to do worse though.

• dar_es_balatdar_es_balat Member Posts: 438

Very nice find.  Looks like the new developer has renamed the title, but has not yet got around to editing the page.  The rest of the page seems lifted from the old developers info.

Crappy, petty people breed and raise crappy, petty kids.

I doubt it would be free to play but who knows.  The real question is will it launch in NA, and well will it be any good?  I recall fondly the mountain climbing, shield sledding, the seasonal changes with snow depth and the spring melt.  Lakes freezing in the winter. I hope they left these parts and added decent combat and a stable client.  The world was something like 40,000 sq Kilometers, they could have dont so much!  Imagine the city building you could do in that space. 

Lets hope for the best. 

George Washington

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Name change as well I see.

Savage Horizon

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Despite the game breaking lag & bugs, Dark & Light was actually one of the few "SandBox" MMOs that was enjoyable.

Couple things they need to change for D&L 2010 are:

-Don't make it an epic epic epic EPIC grindfest that requires macroing like the old D&L did before closing down.

-Keep taming & flight in the game, taming a griffon and then gliding around on it was epic fun, as were dragons.

-Update the graphics engine, the original D&L was dated in it's graphics and looked very rubbery (I should know, played from launch until they nerfed XP gains and turned it into an epic korean grinder hell that even 9 dragons couldn't touch).

-Expand upon the spell system, it wasn't complex enough. Makng AWESOME high end fwooshing spells = yes sir.

-Possibly look into cross-classing system with SkillPoints, such as what SWG did, and remove classes. This was one of D&L's major downfalls is that people realized how EASILY the devs could have changed a couple variables around and allowed for multi-cross classing in D&L. The ShadowKnight, for example, could have just been a cross-classed Warrior + Necromancer trees with emphasis in Melee Aspects. DO NOT DO CLASSES EVER

-Add in territorial resources that give emphasis on controlling territory other than for getting gold you can't do anything with. One of the largest issues with Dark & Light were that you'd get a crap load of gold and not be able to REALLY do anything with it other than pouring it into a guild keep's structures, and not much else.

-Blah Blah Blah, I'm bored now :)

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

Turns out horror movies were right all along; Hell spawned monstrosities are hard to put down

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Despite the game breaking lag & bugs, Dark & Light was actually one of the few "SandBox" MMOs that was enjoyable.  YES!

Couple things they need to change for D&L 2010 are:

-Don't make it an epic epic epic EPIC grindfest that requires macroing like the old D&L did before closing down. YES!

-Keep taming & flight in the game, taming a griffon and then gliding around on it was epic fun, as were dragons. YES!!!

-Update the graphics engine, the original D&L was dated in it's graphics and looked very rubbery (I should know, played from launch until they nerfed XP gains and turned it into an epic korean grinder hell that even 9 dragons couldn't touch).  I played since SoG, your right.  I do think per the movie footage, they have the Mofet 2 engine in now (if thats what it was called)

-Expand upon the spell system, it wasn't complex enough. Makng AWESOME high end fwooshing spells = yes sir.  Never did much fighting - to busy exploring!  When i did fight it was clunky as hell.

-Possibly look into cross-classing system with SkillPoints, such as what SWG did, and remove classes. This was one of D&L's major downfalls is that people realized how EASILY the devs could have changed a couple variables around and allowed for multi-cross classing in D&L. The ShadowKnight, for example, could have just been a cross-classed Warrior + Necromancer trees with emphasis in Melee Aspects. DO NOT DO CLASSES EVER   I would love this as a SWG vet.  Heres to hoping!

-Add in territorial resources that give emphasis on controlling territory other than for getting gold you can't do anything with. One of the largest issues with Dark & Light were that you'd get a crap load of gold and not be able to REALLY do anything with it other than pouring it into a guild keep's structures, and not much else.  Very true

I would also like to see NPC's that move around in towns. 

I wonder what sort of time frame their looking at for a Asian release?

-Blah Blah Blah, I'm bored now :)

George Washington

• Mr.AwwsomeMr.Awwsome Member Posts: 48

DONT YOU TOY WITH ME!! I was so excited about this game.....I cant take another heartbreak.......

Talking bout the issues..and keepin it funky.

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

Man, I grabbed the free client of this and I loved just flying around....and that's pretty much all I liked. Hopefully i can fly again, for free. As for the rest...i will watch and wait.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• kikinchazkikinchaz Member UncommonPosts: 562

Bought out by an Asian company. Sooo.....f2p with  cash shop then? Great!

• xDracxDrac Member UncommonPosts: 201

Looks awesome.. DO WANT. 

Any infos on release or development so far?

Web & Graphic Design - www.xdrac.com

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Originally posted by adderVXI

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=12xsh4DP4h0&feature=watch_response

Im sure some of you recall D&L it had some amazing features and some big bugs.  Looks like it might be getting a second chance!  If this is real im on board!

If I remember correctly when Dark and Light launched they sold the game to an asian company too, to run it on the asian market, so maybe is just that, same game with diferent name.

It's awesome how much this scam / game can be living still after years it was closed.