Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlayOnline: WHY?!

PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

Seriously. I've been through it (it being the PlayOnline registration) about 20 times by now, and when I DON'T get error messages that force me to redo a page ad nauseum it's still really clunky. Oh, and on those rare times I make it to the end of their registration thing it informs me that the card, which I used to purchase the game itself, is invalid, and that I have to redo the entire process, clunks, errors, and all. So does anyone mind informing me HOW I'm supposed to play this game? Is there some voodoo which I don't know about? Is it because I'm using a debit card? ANYTHING anyone can tell me about why this is such a huge pain in the a** will be lavished with praise. Right now all I can imagine is that there's some bored emplyee rejecting my attempts just to see how long I'll keep it up. As it stands right now, I will never purchase another SE game again simply because this is such an ordeal.

/rant off

EDIT: If anyone has any answers to that bit whats bolded towards the middle of all that, I would be grateful. Also: COLORS!

Comments

• DedthomDedthom Member Posts: 541

Getting thru the sign up process is akin to putting your application in for a job with the FBI.

I went thru it without errors but it was page after page of info. Suppose it has something to do with the fact that you are not just signing up for a game but also for a service with email and messaging.

I purchased the game from Steam and once it was downloaded was suprised by the process. First you have to get the Play Online account then get all the info for FFXI loaded in as if they were two unrelated things.

I wonder what else Play Online has to offer, maybe in Asia, besides FFXI.

""But Coyote, you could learn! You only prefer keyboard and mouse because that's all you've ever known!" You might say right before you hug a rainforest and walk in sandals to your drum circle where you're trying to raise group consciousness of ladybugs or whatever it is you dirty goddamn hippies do when you're not busy smoking pot and smelling bad."
    Coyote's Howling: Death of the Computer

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

You’re not half wrong, that sign up service is dreadful, The most annoying thing was the music, it took me near an hour to sort out my playlinc registration and I'm still waiting for the game to update and that’s after waiting the 8hrs to download the install from steam, I still don't know how to unsub from this game at the end of the 30 days, I like you bought the Steam $5 buck special, if i had known what was in store for me, but I’m committed now, I don't think I can access my account while it's updating thou, so I'll have to wait and see, if anyone’s got a link or knows how to unsub i would like to know, just for the record I’m not going to unsub, I just would like to know the procedure for how to unsub from the game." I'm not that committed yet. :)

But still looking forwards to the game itself …which still maybe be a while yet.

@OP I just use my visa debit card, it rejected me only once, I just retyped it, I also could have sworn that I typed it in correct the first time too, but filling out the forms was bad, because every time it had a problem, it wouldn’t tell you what was wrong or where in one of the three forms it was, leaving you to guess or just retype everything in again, on this score it got me several times and that stupid music just keeps going on and on and you only get to turn it down, not off and only after you’ve finished signing up, but it gets better the music returns when the game updates to the latest version, some harp music that just keeps looping over and over, anyway the only advice I can give is,” don’t give up if you want to play the game” this game gets the award for, “ The hardest game buy & sign up EVER!” you can check my profile to see how many games I’ve signed up for in the past, so good luck and may your patience never run out and may that Ahole who keeps rejecting you, die of a heart attack where they sits. >;)