Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Travel Powers

Hello,

What all travel powers are in this game? I was wondering if it was just more than Super Speed, Flight, and Acrobatics... Can you do things like teleport, phase through objects etc? Also can you have wings and use them to fly?

Thanks,

Dustin

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

Originally posted by fatenabu1

Hello,

What all travel powers are in this game? I was wondering if it was just more than Super Speed, Flight, and Acrobatics... Can you do things like teleport, phase through objects etc? Also can you have wings and use them to fly?

Thanks,

Dustin

Nope, those are the three modes. Each has it's own skill tree just like the power type and weapon type.

You don't need wings to fly, but there are wings.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• gandalesgandales Member UncommonPosts: 472

Originally posted by fatenabu1

Hello,

Thanks,

Dustin

What I know is that there are only those 3 travel powers. However, each of them has a tree of abilities to develop that make them more complex. How does it actually works? I don't know yet since it is still in closed beta and powers and skills has not been officially released.

• RemainsRemains Member UncommonPosts: 375

As people have mentioned already; flight, super speed and acrobatics seems to be the travel powers to choose from. Super speed seems to be able to stick to walls as well, even when standing still(?), not sure of that though.

Im not sure exactly how acrobatics will work either. It seems acrobatics is wallcrawling, "gliding," and grappling-hook or something... oh, and of course "striding." I've even seen an old video where theres a charged super jump in the acrobatics bucket.

If acrobatics gets you all that stuff, then that begs the question: if its inspired by some hero/villain, then what kinda strange guy is there that could do all those weird things..? image

• fatenabu1fatenabu1 Member Posts: 381

Hello,

Thanks guys, as for the super human jumping, that would be pretty awesome.. you could do the brawling type character, acrobatics (with super human jumping) and then as for power type do whatever you really want and up your STR a lot to have super human strength and be all Action #1 Superman like..

Dustin

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I found it a bit odd that you have only 3 travel powers. But then, the philosophy was that the travel powers also are some part of combat, like with superspeed you run very quick around some enemy and daze him a while.

Still, I find it odd that a superhero MMO has no teleport, no superjump and no flight or a disc or such.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Maybe a Mr. Miracle style disc set will be an item u can find :)

Dustin

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Originally posted by Elikal

I found it a bit odd that you have only 3 travel powers. But then, the philosophy was that the travel powers also are some part of combat, like with superspeed you run very quick around some enemy and daze him a while.

Still, I find it odd that a superhero MMO has no teleport, no superjump and no flight or a disc or such.

What's so odd about it? The game's in closed beta. Who says they cant add a travel power or two in an expansion after launch?

• gandalesgandales Member UncommonPosts: 472

Originally posted by jpnole

Originally posted by Elikal

What's so odd about it? The game's in closed beta. Who says they cant add a travel power or two in an expansion after launch?

Since travel powers come with a tree of abilities. Due to time constraints,  I find more likely they implement teleport as ability of flight and superjump as ability of superspeed or acrobatics.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

I heard from the devs that you get a lot of umm...Options with the travel power trees.

Like say Acrobatics gets attacks, can get access to grappling hooks, and other generally ninja-ey stuff (such as flashy backflips, etc)

And with super speed you can run around fast o.o and stuff like that..Didnt pay attention to flight..I do know superspeed has access to something that makes you run really fast and stun enemies/make them dizzy or something like that

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

been thinking about what I am going to make when i can finally afford to sub to a mmo, a mental based character with a staff (maybe a sword but most likely staff since I don't want to be leathal) with super speed travel power.. maybe batman as mentor..

Dustin

• xerxiesxerxies Member Posts: 27

Sadly, I only know of 3...

• Flying

• Acrobatics

• Super Speed

Besides, would you rather have a dozen unpolished, messed up travel powers, or 3 well designed powers?

Visit the new DCUO fansite, the Gotham Library at GothamLibrary.com.

• SparkystarSparkystar Member Posts: 4
    If it's not in on release day it will be in from an expansion in a year or 2.
  • xerxiesxerxies Member Posts: 27

I don't know, it seems to me that teleportation would be kind of hard to balance, especially because you can't control your mouse outside of the character (like WoW).

Visit the new DCUO fansite, the Gotham Library at GothamLibrary.com.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

i wonder if super speed can be combined with super strength+venom injector, to deliver near light speed punches that can level mountains, that could really hurt if im stronger then super man due to dosing on venom, and moving at flash speed when i punch you in the teeth :-D