Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LM and ? for a solid duo

Mi wife loves the LM class cause it has a pet, does ranged damage and can heal.  That is everything she likes wrapped up in one class.....although we haven't gone far yet (lvl 13?)

So, I was wondering what class would work well with a LM so we can tackle as much content as possible? 

Comments

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

i would say warden, well then warden is good in group with anything :) (maybe except a guardian)

• meleemadnessmeleemadness Member Posts: 592

Do they have good DPS or are they just tanks that take a lot of attention?

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

well played warden can survive and tank incredible things, while LM is a glass canon :)

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

I tihnk Warden or Champion would make geat duo with LM, so you get both tanking and/or dps.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

I would say either a warden or hunter to go with a LM. Why no melee? Becasue I ran a similar combo of LM (me) and champion (my wife).  I nearly had the mobs killed by the time she got one hit in. If you go ranged like a warden can somewhat do, and of course a hunter can do, then you will feel like you are contributing more. If you dont care that the mobs are at least halfway to 3/4 of the way dead before you even get close enough to swing your weapon, then try a champion or guardian.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

Overall i would advise the guardian though for three reasons:

1. It can keep the mobs away from the LM. Whats the point of a ranged class if the mobs beeline for you anyway? LMs have a surprising amount of rather strong AoEs, not even a hunter or RK will be able to hold aggro if a LM lets loose with 5+ mobs.

2. The guardian is tough and dies slowly. With such an class the LMs comparatively weak heals and strong debuffs feel very powerful. Healing a warden with anything but a heal traited mini or RK feels like dropping buckets into an ocean. It effectively takes the heal part out of the LM.

3. Its a extremely strong combo. Any two classes will have an easy time leveling, but when you get to duoing group quests or instances Tank + LM is an insanely potent combination. Warden + LM would arguably be a bit more powerful lategame, but alot more difficult in the beginning(~level 1-50).

Champion would also work well, though keep in mind that 90% of stuff you come across while leveling is balanced for a single class. I found it boring to duo with a champ, everything easy dies before you can do much and everything hard still kills you.

• TyrrhonTyrrhon Member Posts: 412

Warden has self heals giving it especially in combo with LM incredible staying power; LM is great support but it does not have sustained heals. Warden is also worth it for the novel control scheme, it is not perfect but it is different to other games. I would also say it gets playable tool set quite soon, definitely sooner than LM.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

A warden, champion, guardian, and captain all make an excellent partner for a loremaster.

My personal preference if I had the choice would be either the warden or captain myself.

Really though just about any duo can work well if the players know each other and play together on a regular basis.  Last time I played I used to duo rather often with another player and we both played minstrels.  The amount of content we were able to accomplish including group oriented material was rather silly.  Lot of kiting but it was doable..Sometimes doing duos outside the norm make things more challenging and entertaining.  Granted we were traited and specced completely opposite so he could soak damage/dps and I could keep us alive.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

Originally posted by meleemadness

Mi wife loves the LM class cause it has a pet, does ranged damage and can heal.  That is everything she likes wrapped up in one class.....although we haven't gone far yet (lvl 13?)

So, I was wondering what class would work well with a LM so we can tackle as much content as possible? 

I would say pick the class you liked the game is pretty well balanced to me and you can't go wrong regardless of which you pick.  The only advice I could really give is maybe avoid picking a ranged class like hunter cause then she probably wouldn't get to use her heals much.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

• crazynannycrazynanny Member Posts: 173

Definitely warden. His self heals for tough boss fights + LM spot heals and debuffs works wonders. You can duo all 3-mans easily. Also Wardens AoE leeches and threat + LM AoE dps and stuns rapes poor trash easily. Warden is power hungry and LM has power share skill. If things get bad LM can root/mez/slow and You can kite with javelin.

Guardian is okay but lacks self-heals - which mean harder times with boss fights and smaller trash groups.

Champ - trash will be much faster but bosses will get tricky.

Captain lacks AoE skills which will limit Your LM to single target. If not stray mobs will go for You making stuff messy. On boss it'll be a bit better, but captain ain't real tank.

Hunter is nice as You can kite/CC and pick mobs one by one very fast. Bosses are 50%/50%. Either You can kite them and win or if they are immune to CC then it's no go.

• crazynannycrazynanny Member Posts: 173

Originally posted by jaxsundane
     I would say pick the class you liked the game is pretty well balanced to me and you can't go wrong regardless of which you pick.  The only advice I could really give is maybe avoid picking a ranged class like hunter cause then she probably wouldn't get to use her heals much.

Of course You can go wrong. When You get to lvl 60+ You'll start to encounter more and more 3-man content. With proper duo You can do them without 3rd person(which You can ofc take as filler to do it faster). With bad duo You will have to look for tank/healer as it'll be next to impossible to do those.
  • meleemadnessmeleemadness Member Posts: 592

Thanks for all the input.  I was lvling a Warden and tried a guardian too.  I like throwing javelins, looks neat.  I also like the gambits but there are so many.....I guess it only gets more and more challenging/difficult as you level.

Regardless, my wife's favorite game and class is the LM from LotR.

I thought the champ was too squishy too, when I tried one.  I will stick with the warden.

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

Well you already decided but I would echo the other commenters suggestion of Waden as well.

I have one max level and they are amazing in combination with just about any other class.

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!