Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What MMO should I be on the look for?

netentropynetentropy Member Posts: 17

I have been an avid gamer most of my life both PNP and oniline. I took a break but now looking to return. I would love some suggestion especially from people in their 30s

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

upcoming games to look into:

Guild Wars 2
    Star Wars: The Old Republic
    Rift
    Tera
    ArcheAge
    The Secret World
    Earthrise

I keep an eye on these games and will most likely try them all out.

• AlysenMinaseAlysenMinase Member Posts: 361

Edit: Just realized the OP wanted a list of upcoming games.

GW2, Terra, Rift, The Secret World and SWTOR are the only games worth looking out for IMO. 

Playing - EVE, Wurm

Retired - Final Fantasy XI, Anarchy Online, Mabinogi

Waiting - ArcheAge, Salem

• thor32thor32 Member Posts: 18

Well im 36 and iv return to Vanguard and im having a great time.There is not much PvP thout.I have tried Vindictus too,not bad for a free to play but it get a bit repetitive and i think you can only play if you are in North America.

• netentropynetentropy Member Posts: 17

Cool, I don't mind current games, but always looking for something new

I probably got the most enjoyment out of FFXI over the last few years but have not tried the new one

As I kid, I liked generic sci fi like Star Frontiers, man I wish that was an online MMO

• tazarconantazarconan Member Posts: 1,013

Id suggest u to do alittle research on Rift planes if telara and secondly on GW2. Both these 2 mmorpg's seem to do a serious effort

• netentropynetentropy Member Posts: 17

EarthRise looks really cool!

• TekniqueTeknique Member UncommonPosts: 26

Aside from the games mentioned you will want to keep your eye on Blade & Soul also if you are into fast paced action mmo's with hack n slash mechanics. It probably won't be released until 2012 but they may surprise us with a 2011 release, although doubtful. It will definitely be better than the similar game Vindictus, which imo isn't saying a lot.

• RynneRynne Member UncommonPosts: 497

People in their 30s will be playing Rift.

• theartisttheartist Member Posts: 553

World of Darkness MMO

fssh.. If you're going to look forward to something it's the holy grail. Been in development for awhile, not a lot of info out there, CCP creation, PNP royalty.

Look for that one.

Find anything cool drop the info.

• RynneRynne Member UncommonPosts: 497

Originally posted by theartist

World of Darkness MMO

fssh.. If you're going to look forward to something it's the holy grail. Been in development for awhile, not a lot of info out there, CCP creation, PNP royalty.

Look for that one.

The game will be here by 2012 the earliest, at least that's what CCP have said.

• theartisttheartist Member Posts: 553

Originally posted by Rynne

Originally posted by theartist

World of Darkness MMO

Look for that one.

The game will be here by 2012 the earliest, at least that's what CCP have said.

365 days plus to look forward to being a vampire that doesn't glitter in the sun.

I'm sold already.

• mesmerisemesmerise Member UncommonPosts: 200

I know that it has been said before but I think that it bears repeating: Guild Wars 2. At least watch it as it unfolds, you may decide that it is overhyped by others (i.e. me) but if ANET delivers what they are saying then we will have a great new game!

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

Originally posted by netentropy

EarthRise looks really cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F185pPMRk20

meh.

Looks incredibly boring to me.

To be honest after playing Darkfall for a couple years, I do not think that I can play anything else as my main game until something harder comes out (not sure if anything ever will . .. nothing good seems to be coming soon or in beta imo besides GW2 for some casual instant PVP maybe).

I would probably be playing EVE still if Darkfall hadn't come out and that is scifi and also a full-loot game so you may want to look into that. EVE has an older community for the most part as well (DF statistically has average gamer 27yrs old and I have only come across very few who were a teenager as most people are at least 20 it seems). I can only play one main game at a time and cannot even do that very often (10-20 hours a week tops pretty much). Good side-games have been Global Agenda and Guildwars for instant action.

I play games for PVP but actually enjoy the PVE in Darkfall quite a bit and do that more than anything else. Something about the immersion, exploration, and thrill of losing everything if I die.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA