Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kootenay (lead moderator) has quit Mortal Online and moved over to Perpetuum..

13»

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

Originally posted by Derpidum

I've been here for a while already, just could not sit quietly anymore and decided to make account and start some discussion-eyes bleed from some things presented recently as 'facts' when they are nothing more then rumors by random players.

"As to your second point... why wouldn't they have simply locked the topic with a final clarification from the person in question... who is the Lead Moderator and could certainly have done so...  Why delete it from the forum in it's entirety?  Sounds to me like Henrick got involved..."

Probably because people would just keep reposting the topic while clearly knowing it'll lead nowhere and will be locked over and over again, trashing forums as well-it happened before.

This doesn't make any sense to me.  You are saying that his original post was deleted because if it were left up people will keep making repeat threads on it?   Wouldn't it make more sense to do what I suggested and lock the thread in question with an explanation... 

It seems to me that deleting the post removes all traces of it... and thus leads to someone else posting it again... and again...(since they don't see any existing thread on the subject)... then each new person getting mad when their thread vanishes?

PS:  Unless you are Kootenay, your statements about his not planning to leave the game and the reasons for deleting threads are not 'facts' either.  You will find that "facts" are few and far between and that much of the discussions are filled with our own beliefs and feelings. 

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Originally posted by HanoverZ

Originally posted by deathshroud

he hasnt quit mortal online, he is still an acitve moderator and subscriber. He has however subscribed to a new game. MO is 1 of quite a few games he plays :)

So its true, he's started playing a new game.  Guess theres one "rumor" confirmed.  Why or to what extent he playes other games is irrelevant.  Point is he does

Sure, VOLUENTEER MODS not playing JUST the game they're VOLUENTEERING to watch over the boards for is clear sign of the game being shut down soon!

Your logic is infallible, good sir!

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Even if one is only a volunteer moderator for a game, it may be a conflict of interest to be involved in any official capacity for any other game that isn't for the same developer/publisher.  At minimum, it means there will be less overall time spent in an official capacity any one game, which could be detrimental. That certainly does not translate to not being able to play, test or be involved in other games, though. It's common for actual developers (since many are gamers) to play and/or test a number of games at a time.

~Ripper

• DerpidumDerpidum Member Posts: 89

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

I've been here for a while already, just could not sit quietly anymore and decided to make account and start some discussion-eyes bleed from some things presented recently as 'facts' when they are nothing more then rumors by random players.

"As to your second point... why wouldn't they have simply locked the topic with a final clarification from the person in question... who is the Lead Moderator and could certainly have done so...  Why delete it from the forum in it's entirety?  Sounds to me like Henrick got involved..."

Probably because people would just keep reposting the topic while clearly knowing it'll lead nowhere and will be locked over and over again, trashing forums as well-it happened before.

1. This doesn't make any sense to me.  You are saying that his original post was deleted because if it were left up people will keep making repeat threads on it?   Wouldn't it make more sense to do what I suggested and lock the thread in question with an explanation... 

2. It seems to me that deleting the post removes all traces of it... and thus leads to someone else posting it again... and again...(since they don't see any existing thread on the subject)... then each new person getting mad when their thread vanishes?

3. PS:  Unless you are Kootenay, your statements about his not planning to leave the game and the reasons for deleting threads are not 'facts' either.  You will find that "facts" are few and far between and that much of the discussions are filled with our own beliefs and feelings. 

1. and 2. This is basically what happends when bigger drama is happening here. Explanation would create just another wave of speculations here, which would be posted in MOFO by some random, thread would be locked and we would have merry go round with the drama.

3. Well, you can ask him on PM if you were not permabanned for hate threads or whatever they banned you for in MOFO or ask him on IRC. I believe this would be way better solution then just putting more oil to the fire and continuing posting the way you do in this thread like the world of Nave was at its end.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

1. and 2. This is basically what happends when bigger drama is happening here. Explanation would create just another wave of speculations here, which would be posted in MOFO by some random, thread would be locked and we would have merry go round with the drama.

3. Well, you can ask him on PM if you were not permabanned for hate threads or whatever they banned you for in MOFO or ask him on IRC. I believe this would be way better solution then just putting more oil to the fire and continuing posting the way you do in this thread like the world of Nave was at its end.

3. This is exactly what I mean when I talk about people stating "facts" that are incorrect.  My forum account there has NEVER been banned.  My game account was banned after I charged back the game on them for failure to deliver the promised Boxed Copy after 6+ months.  I have no problem with them closing my game account after I charge back on them.. it's actually what they should have done.   As to your second part.. please show me exactly (via quote) where I "continued posting the way (I) do in this thread like the world of Nave was at it's end"?   See, THAT is exactly the kind of mis-information I am talking about. 

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

kootenay So Lti have you heard that I'm leaving MO?

[DERP]Lti wut?

[DERP]Lti since when?

[DERP]Lti how?

kootenay no

kootenay your suppose to say no

22:25 [DERP]Lti why?

kootenay then I respond with neither have I

[DERP]Lti you should know better ^^

princereaper you KNOW WHATS REALLY FUCKED UP!!!! is that north korea is supplying iran with nuclear parts

kootenay but apparently the kind people at MMORPG.com say it is true

Sorry that it does not like proper irc log, I am using opera irc client. Someone else should have it as normal log if there will still be some nay-sayers left.

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Koots already confirmed his involvement in Perpetuum

I win!!! LOL@U

• oramiooramio Member Posts: 121

ahaha, this is really funny :))) Sorry, I am not trying to troll, it is really funny :)) Just wanted to share my joy with you guys, you're hilarious. 

Koots already confirmed his involvement in Perpetuum

And did I say he didn't? He confirmed also he does NOT left MO.

Now can we leave this thread to die as apparently drama mystery of MO doomsday based on Koots game preferences and choices have been proven to be wrong?

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Why would Kootenay start playing a new mmo?

1.  He's no longer happy with MO?

2.  The rumors of MO closing are true?

3.  He loves MO, but needs a break?

If I'm happy with my current MMO, I dont go looking for a new one.

This isn't some random player, Kootenay has put alot of effort/time into MO.  Regardless of why he's playing another game, it reflects very poorly on MO. 

I have, i think FFXI is miles the best RPG on the planet,yet i have left it 3x and i don't play it right now.Usually it is the community that ruins games for me,chat especially is really annoying,perhaps it is my fault for reading so much chat.

Also when i see rampant cheating it bothers me to no end,i quit COD,a great game,but again it is the cheating community that ruined it for me.I thin kEQ2 is a decent game,but it is not something i need to pla yevery day ,every week,so yes i can see someone like this mod playing other games and deciding to play some other games for awhile.

BTW i put a lot of tiem and effort into both FFXI and Eq2,the difference between gamers ,is some can let go of their virtual reality world and some can't.Some wil lhang on playing even when bored jsut out of fear of losing all their hard work or in most cases just time not really hard work.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DiekfooDiekfoo Member Posts: 583

More lies from the trolls here on this forum.... the moderator Kootenay hasn't left MO. He is online right now and still is a moderator. 

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/members/kootenay.html

Last Activity: Today 19:26

Sorry Mods (here on this forum). We have to write the truth. If you can't accept the truth in here and only lots of trolling, just remove this post so we know where you stand.

I think it's time to close this stupid thread.

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

Why would Kootenay start playing a new mmo?

1.  He's no longer happy with MO?

2.  The rumors of MO closing are true?

3.  He loves MO, but needs a break?

If I'm happy with my current MMO, I dont go looking for a new one.

This isn't some random player, Kootenay has put alot of effort/time into MO.  Regardless of why he's playing another game, it reflects very poorly on MO. 

You sound like you walk the isle with "your mmo" hahaha, I don't make it a habit but I have been subbed to more than one mmorpg at one time myself and have even forsaken my chosen mmorpg to take a free trial or welcome back weekend a spin.

I don't know I don't play the game but hear enough bad things about it to know that there are possibly some pretty severe storms on the horizon for those who like the game but *shrugs* it's sort of like beating a dead horse with this particular topic.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....