Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Attribute point distribution

Whenever I read about attributes, I keep seeing people talking about distributing 5 attribute points when they first make their character. When I go into character creation, I see no such system where I can distribute attribute points. My first char, a Caldari Monk, has:

8 intelect

8 perception

7 charisma

8 willpower

8 memory

was I supposed to get 5 more points to distribute where I want? Did I mess up my character?

Comments

• OldBikerOldBiker Member Posts: 75

You don't assign attributes during character creation anymore.  Whatever guide you read was rather old.  Now you have remaps that allow you to reassign your attributes.  A new character starts with two available remaps.  Once those are used you need to wait a year to get another one.  Use them wisely.  Evemon has a tool that will tell you the optimum remap for your skill plan.  It is worth using.

• spandexninjaspandexninja Member Posts: 5

thx a lot

• ccjlloydccjlloyd Member Posts: 3

Even this system will change in the next couple months with the removal of learning skills altogether

• OldBikerOldBiker Member Posts: 75

Originally posted by ccjlloyd

Even this system will change in the next couple months with the removal of learning skills altogether

Not really.  Attribute remaps aren't going anywhere.  You just will start with much higher base attributes and you will have a couple more points to play with.

• ccjlloydccjlloyd Member Posts: 3

Wonder if everyone will get a free remap when this is implemented..

• ikarrianikarrian Member Posts: 122

FURTHERMORE, as of a patch which should arrive on (or about) the 14th of December:

•  ALL LEARNING SKILLS WILL DISAPPEAR

• We're not kidding. In your head, in your hangar or in your anything else, they're gone. Vamoosh. Deleted. Sent to the big recycle bin in the sky. Etc etc.

• All skillpoints invested in learning skills will be reimbursed, including all the fiddly corner cases. If you have 2,012,692 SP in learning, you will find yourself down those skills, but with 2,012,692 skillpoints to redistribute.

• All skillbooks not currently injected into people's heads will be reimbursed at the old NPC sell price. The money will go to whichever character or corporation owns the container that the skillbooks are in. For example, things in cans you've anchored for yourself will be reimbursed to you, things in corporate hangar arrays or the "deliveries" bin will be reimbursed to the owning corporation.

• This will also involve cancelling any and all market orders containing these skills. Contracts containing learning skills will have those skillbooks substituted for copies of the Pax Amarria.

• All new and existing characters will have an extra 12 base points (ie, non-remappable) in each attribute.

• The 100% training speed bonus up to 1.6m SP will no longer be available. People partway through this bonus will lose the remaining bonus amount. They will of course gain a huge attribute bonus to make up for it.

• Miscellaneous other cleanup tasks will be performed that are not very interesting, details available on request.
  • MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Originally posted by ccjlloyd

Wonder if everyone will get a free remap when this is implemented..

No. Why would you? Your assigned attribute points will remain exactly as they were. If you had the very normal 5+4 learnings, then you'll barely notice any difference at all, bar the 2 million+ SP you suddenly get to allocate.

Give me liberty or give me lasers