Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Focusing on one soul or mixing it up?

BoosthungryBoosthungry Member Posts: 137

Does anyone know how many points you get per level?  I saw the talent system as the only way to spec and get abilities depending on how you spend them, so 1 per level?

So that means 50 max?  So you can maybe throw in 1 extra to start with giving you 51, the amount needed to get the last ability in any one tree.  So does that mean the only way to max a tree is to not have any other souls?  That seems awesome IMO, will really have people deciding if they want to mix and match or concentrate only on one tree for end game.

If I'm wrong how many points do you get by max level to spend?

Thoughts?

Comments

• NadiliNadili Member Posts: 197

You have it right you start out with one point and max out at 51.  So even if you do max into one soul just by equipping the other 2 available you get free skills with each soul equipped.  So pure build with a couple bonus skills basically.

• RIFT_LorhanRIFT_Lorhan Member Posts: 16

I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to spec.  Obviously, since the game hasn't even made it past beta and I'm not playing, this is not too big a deal.

I think it will depend on the way the system rewards you.  I'm typically specced for raiding and grouping because that is what I enjoy, but soloing can be fun in certain situations.

If you can choose a multi-spec build and not lose too much of the upper end talents, I'll lean that way.  I'm leaning towards being a tank again in this game .... we'll see :)

Previous Characters:

Isen: Paladin - Vanguard: SOH
    Oasu: Mage - WoW
    Eashen: Paladin - WoW
    Oryion: Warrior - Everquest 1

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Nor am I quite sure how I would spec.  The kind of game-play loop you get into will be ever changing. I'm sure.  You can have up to 8 souls, 3 of which active at any time. Rift says there are some crazy cool combinations. 

You start with your calling, and very shortly afterwards, you get your first soul.  I dont know what it might be.  One of the things though, is there is a whole pod at Trion figuring out exactly when and how you get souls; timing, location, crafting, questing, raids, rifting, etc.

When it comes down to it,  I will have a mix that complements my avatars power focus and survivability; I just dont know what that is yet.