Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shouldn't the beta be already available for pre-download?

lunatislunatis Member UncommonPosts: 261

I can't imagine everyone downloading the game on december 3rd at the same time. Shouldn't the game beta already be available for download? 

Remember that the first phase of the Beta is scheduled on December 3rd, which leaves us exactly 1 week. 

Isin't it a pain when you're not ready to play on launch day!

Comments

• Savage16Savage16 Member UncommonPosts: 52

Probably a safe bet of it being ready early next week(Monday/Tuesday), seeing as this is a holiday weekend in the States.

• KillHurtKillHurt Member Posts: 347

I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully available here in the next 2 days. Maybe Monday.

• CrynswindCrynswind Member Posts: 290

http://www.riftgame.com/en/beta/faq.php

How do I download the beta if I’m invited to a beta event?

Once you’ve been invited to a RIFT beta event, you must log in to your Trion Worlds account and agree to the Terms of Use, License, and Non-Disclosure Agreement (EULA). After accepting the EULA, a link to download the RIFT patcher will be available in your account. You will also receive instructions via email.

• orlacorlac Member Posts: 549

Originally posted by Crynswind

Once you’ve been invited to a RIFT beta event, you must log in to your Trion Worlds account and agree to the Terms of Use, License, and Non-Disclosure Agreement (EULA). After accepting the EULA, a link to download the RIFT patcher will be available in your account. You will also receive instructions via email.

Like he said. Got mine DLed.

• lunatislunatis Member UncommonPosts: 261

Well I have a VIP key on my account but I didn't receive any invitation yet!

• Savage16Savage16 Member UncommonPosts: 52

Originally posted by lunatis

Well I have a VIP key on my account but I didn't receive any invitation yet!

Thats because they havent invited anyone for the beta events yet.  They said they will start emailing people(with NDA and DL info) a few days before the event starts.

If the above poster already has it dl'ed it means he is in the alpha.

The beta FAQ is worded a bit funny, but it was clarified in the thread that they havent sent out emails for the first beta even yet.

• lunatislunatis Member UncommonPosts: 261

Good to know ;) Can't wait to jump in!

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Yea u had me a little worried when i was lookin for that link to dl it in my beta account + email lol.. no wonder i couldnt find it.

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• HystericHysteric Member UncommonPosts: 51

Originally posted by orlac

Originally posted by Crynswind

Like he said. Got mine DLed.

So Orlac, how is Alpha testing going then?

• No_ExitNo_Exit Member Posts: 22

Im guessing they will be sending out the emails in batches over this entire upcoming week starting monday.  By sending in batches by the day, the DL's will be spread out and by Friday morning everyone should be good to go.  Well... everyone who was paying attention to their email and had their accounts set up correctly with keys input.

• HystericHysteric Member UncommonPosts: 51

I suppose this might give them a good chance to test there digital download system and patch update network with loads of people all at the same time trying to DL and get updated.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Well I also got VIP key.

And still no invite. Nor DL link.

I just hope they will give us enough time to DL the game before beta starts. I would hate to waste precious few days of beta on downloading client image

• AstraeisAstraeis Member UncommonPosts: 378

What if downloading the game is part of the stress test.

It takes one to know one.

• mesmerisemesmerise Member UncommonPosts: 200

I imagine that the e-mail will be coming out shortly.  Perhaps the team was off for a Thanksgiving holiday weekend (Trion Worlds is based in California). I would not be surprised if they do this in phases starting on Monday with the first batch of e-mails.

M