Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kootenay (lead moderator) has quit Mortal Online and moved over to Perpetuum..

Comments

• ParadoxyParadoxy Member Posts: 786

Originally posted by HanoverZ

Originally posted by Paradoxy

Trolls trolling as usual...

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/56134-mo-will-close-next-month.html

Kootenay - This is not true. And first off you should never trust the MMORPG.com forums, since we all know they are trolls

Wow!!!

Kootenay went from a "nobody" volunteer mod,  to the "voice" of  Starvault in minutes. What would you expect SV to do with a "leak" if it were true?

MO is not shutting down, so that rumor has been cleared up. Haters need new ammunition now to put MO down.

Who could have thought that WOW could bring super power like USA to its knees?

Originally posted by Arcken

To put it in a nutshell, our society is about to hit the fan, grades are dropping, obesity is going up,childhood the USA is going to lose its super power status before too long, but hey, as long as we have a cheap method to babysit our kids, all will be well no?
    Im picking on WoW btw because its the beast that made all of this possible

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

Kootenay - This is not true. And first off you should never trust the MMORPG.com forums, since we all know they are trolls

Wow!!!

Kootenay went from a "nobody" volunteer mod,  to the "voice" of  Starvault in minutes. What would you expect SV to do with a "leak" if it were true?

MO is not shutting down, so that rumor has been cleared up. Haters need new ammunition now to put MO down.

Why bother? Seems like SV is doing a good job of that themselves if you read IRC chat.. =(

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Originally posted by Miles-Prower

Wow!!!

Why bother? Seems like SV is doing a good job of that themselves if you read IRC chat.. =(

From look of things and this topic it's not enough i guess.

To put it in a nutshell, our society is about to hit the fan, grades are dropping, obesity is going up,childhood the USA is going to lose its super power status before too long, but hey, as long as we have a cheap method to babysit our kids, all will be well no?

• Luthor_XLuthor_X Member Posts: 431

You know what they say about rats and a sinking ship.

Just saying ;)

Wow!!!

I have nothing against MO and SV. What you said prior was just too ripe to ignore, so I had to chime in =P

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Originally posted by Ramonski7

I hope the payoff for you is reeaally big once SV closes their doors for good. Will it be enough to get everything you wanted for X-mas? Or maybe it's the startup money for your new mmo company.

You have to be joking. image   Perhaps I'm just a fan of  PVP centric MMOs who is tired of that niche getting further defamed by inept and unscrupulous developers.  I dont make this stuff up, Mortal Online is what it is.  Would you rather MMORPG.com be a haven for Fanbots to "sell their wares" unopposed?  I provide factual and at times opinionated information so others can make informed purchases.  I was once a fan of MO...

Perhaps you are a fan, no matter how twisted it may seem. And of course I was joking. But clearly what you've managed to accomplish is reinforce a negative opinion about the type of people that post on the forums here at mmorpg.com. A opinion that I've tried to shake off as superficial at best and far better if you dig a little deeper.

But nevertheless, your type of misguided self righteous justice in the form of loosely linked hearsay does no one here any real good. On the contrary, it does seem to support the beliefs that sandbox gamers are their worst enemy.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

Wow!!!

I have nothing against MO and SV. What you said prior was just too ripe to ignore, so I had to chime in =P

I cleared up a rumor so ignore it all you like. But my work here is done. :)

I like rumors. They Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup.

imageimageimage
  • Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Originally posted by Murashu

Things must be pretty slow in MO if the big news is about a single player quitting MO to play another game.

Lead moderator 'quiting" amongst rumors of MO shutting down is notewothy.

It is...it really is.  If it was, and I dont care and dont know, but the reality of the matter is, if the lead moderator was a trusted and appreciated comminity moderator of a mmorpg game, a community liason and manager, then his/her departure from said relatively new mmorpg game should raise an eyebrow.

I dont know, so it's a coin-toss. It could be that he's a tool or the management are tools.  Community Managers are usually well devoted to the mmorpg and community that they are involved with, and are provided or allowed into such positions because of their passion, game knowledge, appreciation and community connect and building skills.  Maybe I'm over-thinking it, but it has some level of significance that we're usually not privy to. 

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Originally posted by Ramonski7

Perhaps you are a fan, no matter how twisted it may seem. And of course I was joking. But clearly what you've managed to accomplish is reinforce a negative opinion about the type of people that post on the forums here at mmorpg.com. A opinion that I've tried to shake off as superficial at best and far better if you dig a little deeper.

But nevertheless, your type of misguided self righteous justice in the form of loosely linked hearsay does no one here any real good. On the contrary, it does seem to support the beliefs that sandbox gamers are their worst enemy.

Thanks for gracing us on the Mortal Online forums, your opinions and wisdom are refreshing.  Feel free to continue sharing you views throughout the site. image But, would you mind staying on topic?  Lets get this thread back to Kootenay/MO

I win!!! LOL@U

Originally posted by Luthor_X

Wow!!!

Just saying ;)

Hi, my name is Luthor_X and i hate to read entire topic before hitting reply button.

I have another bad tendency... I like to report flaming :)

Okkkk Mr.Sensitive, but make sure to read a topic next time before you hit reply button.

You obviously don't know when to quit, do you?

And I will post ANYTHING I damn well please :)

That work for you?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by Joker2240

Umm.... Where does it say he is quiting MO? Many MANY devs play other games/mmos. Is this just an attempt to cause some chaos? 

Show me a formal statement of him leaving MO then  I will give you credibility. Either then that it just him wanting to play an other game besides MO which is perfectly fine because all devs do that to their own games.

Its all about the timing, in the last month:

1. SV acknowledges they arent making money with subs

2. Stocks hit all time low

3. Numerous employess leave SV

4. Koot starts looking for a new game

5. Rumors of Mortal Online closing

Kootenays actions are minor alone, but added to what else has been going makes #5 not seem that remote.

Most excellent, Kootenay locked that thread you linked here.....perfect actually.

But you are correct, what he does really doesn't  matter.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Wow!!!

Just saying ;)

Hi, my name is Luthor_X and i hate to read entire topic before hitting reply button.

I have another bad tendency... I like to report flaming :)

Okkkk Mr.Sensitive, but make sure to read a topic next time before you hit reply button.

You obviously don't know when to quit, do you?

And I will post ANYTHING I damn well please :)

That work for you?

Quit? nope. it was just a suggestion. i can start posting about how much i love tuna sandiwches in this topic but doesn't mean anyone will take me seriously.

• JaffreyJaffrey Member Posts: 3

Kootenay's moderation was always under Henrik's orders.

He (koot) is probably just tired of all the BS and is seeking refuge in a new game, a fresh start, like turning the page or something.

Who wouldn't lose hope with Mortal after all these months of a released beta game?

I lost it a long time ago...

• DerpidumDerpidum Member Posts: 89

I don't know what's more damaging to the image. The rumors or the fact the moderators are calling everyone on MMORPG.com trolls...

Well, look on the first page of mortal general discusion and read titles.

It takes no rocket scientist that this site REALLY looks like nothing but a troll nest from the outside and you could count reasonable people who post without hate on fingers of two hands.

Best examples in 2 recent threads.

RUMOR is the keyword and some people want to believe or just believe unquestionably that that rumors are the only truth around and there is no way in haven that its only rumor that have nothing to do with how the things are actually. Hell, best months long example posts in this very thread.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

he hasnt quit mortal online, he is still an acitve moderator and subscriber. He has however subscribed to a new game. MO is 1 of quite a few games he plays :)

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Originally posted by deathshroud

he hasnt quit mortal online, he is still an acitve moderator and subscriber. He has however subscribed to a new game. MO is 1 of quite a few games he plays :)

So its true, he's started playing a new game.  Guess theres one "rumor" confirmed.  Why or to what extent he playes other games is irrelevant.  Point is he does

I win!!! LOL@U

So its true, he's started playing a new game.  Guess theres one "rumor" confirmed.  Why or to what extent he playes other games is irrelevant.  Point is he does

I wonder how long it would take you to run into WoW forums and start to scream 'doomsday, they are closing WoW' if you'd knew that blizzard CEO started playing some other game additionaly to WoW image because this is exactly what you do for some unknown to me reason. I always wanted to ask you that question-WHY are you still on this boards? You have not played MO for months, you have no idea what changed and what not, you base everything on assumptions and selevtive reading picking whatever suits you out of context-why? Are you being paid for that? Each and every normal person would change the game for one they enjoy, but not you-why?

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

So the title of this thread should be "kootenay is not a monogamous gamer"?

Quitting MO and playing multiple games are 2 very different things. Do you know how many he played when he started MO?

• QunitillianQunitillian Member Posts: 99

Aye, Mortal Online does not have enough to it to hold the attention of many gamers, including those that are on the mod team. If mortal online was a decent mmorpg, then it would be engrossing enough to not be just 'one of six games that kooteny plays regularly'.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,981

Originally posted by osmunda

So the title of this thread should be "kootenay is not a monogamous gamer"?

Quitting MO and playing multiple games are 2 very different things. Do you know how many he played when he started MO?

From the link in the original post:

7.   What other notable games have you played?

BF2, 2142(best FPS around in my opinion), MO, BF heros(sprints inbetween), BC2, AOM(with xpack), a few other games here and there

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Originally posted by osmunda

I really dont care what Kootenay does/hasn't done. His actions are just one more indicator to the state of MO and possible future.  Aa already stated in this thread :

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/3931415#3931415

He's just a lapdog, but hes Henriks lapdog.

I win!!! LOL@U

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,981

Originally posted by Derpidum

I've made a mistake, I've corrected it even before you pointed it out. I'm not perfect, but I can admit when I write bullshit at least.

And did you really missed the part where he did not left MO, but started playing something else on top of it? He even posted it himself in MOFO thread before it was removed by another mod(to stop all the drama, because people panic too much) that he does play 5 other games as well and it does not mean he leaves any of them for another or for new one.

Welcome to the MMORPG>COM Forums!  Always great to see new faces around here and it helps to keep the discussions flowing!  Don't worry too much about making a mistake in your first post... not a big deal... we have all had our own facepalm moments.

As to your second point... why wouldn't they have simply locked the topic with a final clarification from the person in question... who is the Lead Moderator and could certainly have done so...  Why delete it from the forum in it's entirety?  Sounds to me like Henrick got involved...  

Anyhow.. hope you stick around for awhile.  Too many people seem to pop in for a week and then disappear forever...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

I've made a mistake, I've corrected it even before you pointed it out. I'm not perfect, but I can admit when I write bullshit at least.

And did you really missed the part where he did not left MO, but started playing something else on top of it? He even posted it himself in MOFO thread before it was removed by another mod(to stop all the drama, because people panic too much) that he does play 5 other games as well and it does not mean he leaves any of them for another or for new one.

Welcome to the MMORPG>COM Forums!  Always great to see new faces around here and it helps to keep the discussions flowing!  Don't worry too much about making a mistake in your first post... not a big deal... we have all had our own facepalm moments.

As to your second point... why wouldn't they have simply locked the topic with a final clarification from the person in question... who is the Lead Moderator and could certainly have done so...  Why delete it from the forum in it's entirety?  Sounds to me like Henrick got involved...  

Anyhow.. hope you stick around for awhile.  Too many people seem to pop in for a week and then disappear forever...

It's sad you know, right when I start to make friends they disappear. Or rattle on about nonsense and / or tuna sandwiches. Either way, I feel the same pain ;)

• WycliffeWycliffe Member Posts: 354

It's sad you know, right when I start to make friends they disappear. Or rattle on about nonsense and / or tuna sandwiches. Either way, I feel the same pain ;)

The people who post in indie sandbox game forums tend to stick around for awhile I've noticed. Most people are trying to find a game that suits them, then stop posting because they are actually playing MMOs and not arguing about them. Sandbox people... pretty sure most of them are doomed to wander the desert for a few more decades at least. Of course its these 'great' indie launches that keeps them so satisfied with the current MMO offerings...

I've been here for a while already, just could not sit quietly anymore and decided to make account and start some discussion-eyes bleed from some things presented recently as 'facts' when they are nothing more then rumors by random players.

"As to your second point... why wouldn't they have simply locked the topic with a final clarification from the person in question... who is the Lead Moderator and could certainly have done so...  Why delete it from the forum in it's entirety?  Sounds to me like Henrick got involved..."

Probably because people would just keep reposting the topic while clearly knowing it'll lead nowhere and will be locked over and over again, trashing forums as well-it happened before.