Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eveonline Ad causing FLV script errors.

AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178

Not sure whats going on with your publishers and distro but I can tell you this your eve ads are causing FLV script errors on every browser I have. "Special offers". It's not a creative it's a mish mash of text and a glowing button. It's Eve alright that's all I can tell.

I'd suggest you guys contact your advertisers or affiliates and get this hammered out because the folks behind eve are paying for impression or actions, not a glitched up script error causing ad.

Of course I could be wrong..14 years in advertising ftw.

Comments

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

Have you tried an adblocker?

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178

No , as I'm in advertising I contribute to my industry.

The point is it's causing internal issues and the IAB would classify that as malware, and I don't want to see this site on a black list from top agencies due to complaints.

It's not just this computer, I've tried 3 others and after I cleared a few cache ralated things got the ad to come back up and BAM crash.

I'm in ad operations for online advertising, I know a broken creative when I see it.

This one falls under Priority 1 (as far as advertisng goes) this basically means any and all impressions served (actions as well) with this broken creative can be contested (Good luck on the IO for that) and thusly my favorite site in the world (mmorpg.com) loses much needed revenue.

Hehe I charge a lot of money for consulting, so hey take it wiith a grain of salt.