Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kootenay (lead moderator) has quit Mortal Online and moved over to Perpetuum..

Know the guy that closes threads all of the time if they are not 100% positive?  Well he has recently moved over to Perpetuum...

http://menacetoperpetuum.com/index.php?topic=198.0

Comments

• DerpidumDerpidum Member Posts: 89

Clarification is needed here:

He is not or never was an SV employee.

He is a community volunteer moderator, which means he is normal player who happened to want to help with forum moderation and got accepted, I could be one just as well.

He is not quiting MO, but starting to play another mmo. Games are not formal relationships like merriage, you can play more then one mmo at a time if you have time and can afford to.

Posting info like it was truth when you don't even know details will not get you far.

/e

And I had to cut something down as apparently I made a mistake as well.

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Originally posted by Derpidum

Clarification is needed here:

He is not or never was a lead moderator, never was, he just mods longer then other volunteer moderators.

Really?

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/members/kootenay.html

Regardless of his capacity at SV, he's still moving on to a new game.   Its seems even some of MOs biggest supporters have had enough.  Jumping ship after only a few months doesnt bode well. 

I win!!! LOL@U

• sultharsulthar Member Posts: 298

Key word here is volontarely ... leave for something else... paid or not he didnt like MO so he left.

I've made a mistake, I've corrected it even before you pointed it out. I'm not perfect, but I can admit when I write bullshit at least.

And did you really missed the part where he did not left MO, but started playing something else on top of it? He even posted it himself in MOFO thread before it was removed by another mod(to stop all the drama, because people panic too much) that he does play 5 other games as well and it does not mean he leaves any of them for another or for new one.

Why would Kootenay start playing a new mmo?

1.  He's no longer happy with MO?

2.  The rumors of MO closing are true?

3.  He loves MO, but needs a break?

If I'm happy with my current MMO, I dont go looking for a new one.

This isn't some random player, Kootenay has put alot of effort/time into MO.  Regardless of why he's playing another game, it reflects very poorly on MO. 

I win!!! LOL@U

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

Things must be pretty slow in MO if the big news is about a single player quitting MO to play another game.

4. New mmo go released and he wants to try it because he is player like you and me that just happens to mod official forums.

But your 3. might also be accurate-hell, I myself just resubbed after a couple week break and I am satisfied with the game-it still got  a looong way to go, but I got a couple friends there who made my playtime enjoyable, so I will play now more, probably will make a break again in some time, but how is that bad? If you log in to the game day by day and spend hours in there it does not mean that game is greatest thing since alkohol, it just means you are addicted.

Sometimes simple things are like that-plain and simple. No need to look for hidden points, doomsday theories or whatever. Hell I would not be surprised if we'd start seeing here topics about random, unimportant players leaving MO as big news(oh wait... Myrmidon thread, nevermind then), because sometimes I got this feeling that only bad news can get into this boards.

Originally posted by Murashu

Things must be pretty slow in MO if the big news is about a single player quitting MO to play another game.

Lead moderator 'quiting" amongst rumors of MO shutting down is notewothy.

I win!!! LOL@U

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

So basically what you have is a voluntary, "hall monitor" with an overblown ego that was not on any official payroll who didn't get his ego stroked enough. So now his lackies, who were probably hoping for some sort of notoriety to rub off on them for knowing him, suddenly post about him leaving on this site to show how much of a bromance/man crush they had for him?

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• EbonHawkEbonHawk Member Posts: 545

Originally posted by Ramonski7

So basically what you have is a voluntary, "hall monitor" with an overblown ego that was not on any official payroll who didn't get his ego stroked enough. So now his lackies, who were probably hoping for some sort of notoriety to rub off on them for knowing him, suddenly post about him leaving on this site to show how much of a bromance/man crush they had for him?

This made me chuckle...

• Luthor_XLuthor_X Member Posts: 431

... And the plot thickens!

*Dun, Dun... Duuuuuunnnnnn!*

Originally posted by osmunda

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/1063122-post13.html

LOL OWNED by their own hero no less!

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

Nice try.... Thats from an entirely different topic/thread. image   That response has nothing to do with him leaving for Perpetumm.

I win!!! LOL@U

Originally posted by HanoverZ

Nice try.... Thats from an entirely different topic/thread. image   It has nothing to do with him playing another game.

But please show me where he seems like someone leaving on bad terms...

I guess it may seem like the sky is falling for people who assumed you can only pledge allegiance to one mmorpg, while some of us have known otherwise for years. But by all means, continue on with your almighty insight of the occult like attitude you wish all players possess.

• Joker2240Joker2240 Member Posts: 664

Umm.... Where does it say he is quiting MO? Many MANY devs play other games/mmos. Is this just an attempt to cause some chaos? 

Show me a formal statement of him leaving MO then  I will give you credibility. Either then that it just him wanting to play an other game besides MO which is perfectly fine because all devs do that to their own games.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by EbonHawk

This made me chuckle...

Same.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Originally posted by Joker2240

Umm.... Where does it say he is quiting MO? Many MANY devs play other games/mmos. Is this just an attempt to cause some chaos? 

Show me a formal statement of him leaving MO then  I will give you credibility. Either then that it just him wanting to play an other game besides MO which is perfectly fine because all devs do that to their own games.

Its all about the timing, in the last month:

1. SV acknowledges they arent making money with subs

2. Stocks hit all time low

3. Numerous employess leave SV

4. Koot starts looking for a new game

5. Rumors of Mortal Online closing

Kootenays actions are minor alone, but added to what else has been going makes #5 not seem that remote.

I win!!! LOL@U

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

Nice try.... Thats from an entirely different topic/thread. image   That response has nothing to do with him leaving for Perpetumm.

True. But it demonstrates 2 things:  1) Even if he is playing Perpetuum, he is still lead moderator of the MO forum  2) His opinion of people who spread any negative thing (regardless of veracity)  they post about MO 

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921

Can anyone find the care-o-meter?

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

I don't mean to sound narcissistic, but it's a moderator. It's not exactly anything special...

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • ParadoxyParadoxy Member Posts: 786

Originally posted by Joker2240

Its all about the timing, in the last month:

1. SV acknowledges they arent making money with subs

2. Stocks hit all time low

3. Numerous employess leave SV

4. Koot starts looking for a new game

5. Rumors of Mortal Online closing

Kootenays actions are minor alone, but added to what else has been going makes #5 not seem that remote.

Trolls trolling as usual...

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/56134-mo-will-close-next-month.html

Kootenay - This is not true. And first off you should never trust the MMORPG.com forums, since we all know they are trolls

Who could have thought that WOW could bring super power like USA to its knees?

Originally posted by Arcken

To put it in a nutshell, our society is about to hit the fan, grades are dropping, obesity is going up,childhood the USA is going to lose its super power status before too long, but hey, as long as we have a cheap method to babysit our kids, all will be well no?
    Im picking on WoW btw because its the beast that made all of this possible

I hope the payoff for you is reeaally big once SV closes their doors for good. Will it be enough to get everything you wanted for X-mas? Or maybe it's the startup money for your new mmo company.

You have to be joking. image   Perhaps I'm just a fan of  PVP centric MMOs who is tired of that niche getting further defamed by inept and unscrupulous developers.  I dont make this stuff up, Mortal Online is what it is.  Would you rather MMORPG.com be a haven for Fanbots to "sell their wares" unopposed?  I provide factual and at times opinionated information so others can make informed purchases.  I was once a fan of MO...

I win!!! LOL@U

Originally posted by Paradoxy

Trolls trolling as usual...

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/56134-mo-will-close-next-month.html

Kootenay - This is not true. And first off you should never trust the MMORPG.com forums, since we all know they are trolls

Wow!!!

Kootenay went from a "nobody" volunteer mod,  to the "voice" of  Starvault in minutes. What would you expect SV to do with a "leak" if it were true?

I win!!! LOL@U

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

I don't know what's more damaging to the image. The rumors or the fact the moderators are calling everyone on MMORPG.com trolls...

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!