Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Social/grouping/exploration community project (a second try)

Comments

• MiskenMisken Member Posts: 11

Well ,  I have been around these forums a bit just reading and checking out what people have to say and i would be down to start an older game! 

I played eq1 back in the day and even like 6months ago it was a blast I could only imagine what it could be like or any game for that matter with people who weren't focused on just getting to the end and gear grinding.  I want to have fun in a game and feel a sence of immersion and exploration that feeling has been long gone.

finding people who want to play the game for the people, the fun that can be had, and not the just to get to the end of it as fast as possible is rare now !

I am down for something i'll be following this post to see how things unfold

regards

• GoronianGoronian Member Posts: 724

Originally posted by Misken

Well ,  I have been around these forums a bit just reading and checking out what people have to say and i would be down to start an older game! 

I played eq1 back in the day and even like 6months ago it was a blast I could only imagine what it could be like or any game for that matter with people who weren't focused on just getting to the end and gear grinding.  I want to have fun in a game and feel a sence of immersion and exploration that feeling has been long gone.

finding people who want to play the game for the people, the fun that can be had, and not the just to get to the end of it as fast as possible is rare now !

I am down for something i'll be following this post to see how things unfold

regards

Excellent! Welcome onboard! We're setting up a forum soon, where we're going to discuss stuff and choose a game.

I hate WoW because it made my plush hamster kill himself, created twin clones of Hitler, punched Superboy Prime in reality, stared my dog down, spoiled my grandmother, assimilated me into the Borg, then made me into a real boy, just to make me a woman again.

• I know we're aiming for an older game, but Aerrevan seems to be the game we are aiming for. It has a pre release today, the game is an indie community
    p friendly kinda game if I undetstand correctly. I was in the closed beta, but some odd bug prevented me from testing the game. The people who where testing was great, and the there was good communication from the developers. 

Other than that I'm always up for vanguard, but Istaria would be my choice after Aerrevan. Old school, with tons of races and classescombinations. Very deep and unique crafting system, also indie and focus on community.  Might not be the place to discuss, just wanted to throw it out there.

I know there are many other great options like eq2, ryzom, ff etc, but generally speaking I think those games are more known and tested by the majority than Istaria. 

I'll check Aeervan (or however it;s spelled) out, but VG and Ryzom are probably my top choices, as well.

EDIT: I've checked out Aerrevan and... Yeah. I think my mind settled. So... Need to save a little money.

I hate WoW because it made my plush hamster kill himself, created twin clones of Hitler, punched Superboy Prime in reality, stared my dog down, spoiled my grandmother, assimilated me into the Borg, then made me into a real boy, just to make me a woman again.

• LeagolxLeagolx Member Posts: 222

If you went ryzom id be all over that also would you mind if i pm you a bit on here i have a couple of questions. Also do you have vent or skype or something so people could discuss the games they would be interested in playing.  I agree with you that community is what makes a game i wouldnt be very excited to play eq again just because of the f2p model they chose but id defiently give it a go im really sick of wows fanboys and all that i really liked vanguard but i also felt the game lacked the population for what the game was trying to do. I wouldnt really like to play darkfall because i dont think bringing a newbie guild to a full loot pvp game is a good idea but what do i know haha. Well i hope you do have some sort of voice messaging system.

If your going to ban the trolls please for our sake ban the Fan Boys too.

Originally posted by Leagolx

If you went ryzom id be all over that also would you mind if i pm you a bit on here i have a couple of questions. Also do you have vent or skype or something so people could discuss the games they would be interested in playing.  I agree with you that community is what makes a game i wouldnt be very excited to play eq again just because of the f2p model they chose but id defiently give it a go im really sick of wows fanboys and all that i really liked vanguard but i also felt the game lacked the population for what the game was trying to do. I wouldnt really like to play darkfall because i dont think bringing a newbie guild to a full loot pvp game is a good idea but what do i know haha. Well i hope you do have some sort of voice messaging system.

I've been looking over Aerrevan and was getting quite interested in it, but I'm not letting other options slide, either. I'll be frank, as of now it's more, than likely, that it's going to be either Ryzom, VG, Aerrevan or EQI.

i dont know much about aerrevan actually anything. Whats it about is there a class system? also would this guild have vent or anything? I would play eq1 but eq2 once it went f2p kind of died for me because i think its an extremely confusing system because half the population is still paying and the other half is not paying and their on f2p servers i just find the whole thing overly confusing.If we did go vangaurd would you start a new character???

• Aerrevan has a classless system, where you can learn anything as far as I know. Its seems to be pretty rp focused. The bad part about the game is we would have to buy it to try it(the game just released). While the other offers trials. Damn nobody wanting some real old school with horizon.

i dont know much about aerrevan actually anything. Whats it about is there a class system? also would this guild have vent or anything? I would play eq1 but eq2 once it went f2p kind of died for me because i think its an extremely confusing system because half the population is still paying and the other half is not paying and their on f2p servers i just find the whole thing overly confusing.If we did go vangaurd would you start a new character???

All of us would start new characters. We had a vent once, but it went kinda dead. I'll buy us a new one later, though.

Are you currently playing anything? I also agree that gw2 is a bad idea i really dont like what their doing with the game at least last time i read something about it i didnt like the direction of the game. I didnt like the lack of gear in the first one and aerrevan is out now??? I thought their site said pre order.

Are you currently playing anything? I also agree that gw2 is a bad idea i really dont like what their doing with the game at least last time i read something about it i didnt like the direction of the game. I didnt like the lack of gear in the first one and aerrevan is out now??? I thought their site said pre order.

It's out, as far, as I can tell... Well, at least it'll be out pretty soon. I' not playing anything at the moment, except for some free trials. Have some money issues, because of the coming holidays, but I can potentially buy anythiung, closer to December 10th.

Thats fine I understand how that is. Do you have any active members of the guild still or is it a completely fresh  start and pretty much everyone has jumped ship.

Well, Crispin here came back, my wife will join us pretty soon (depends on how cheap the game is, we're pretty low on dough for a moment) and I expect some people to return along the way.

We're setting up forums pretty soon. You can check our old ones here - http://guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=339266 , but they're pretty dead. We'll use them, if push comes to shove, but one person promised to do us new ones, which could be much more flexible.

Sounds good i dont really care what we play i was kind of surprised you played allods because it is a lot like wow. I saw on your xfire you played alantica whatd you think of that? Also did you play eq back in the day and have you ever played warhammer?

Sounds good i dont really care what we play i was kind of surprised you played allods because it is a lot like wow. I saw on your xfire you played alantica whatd you think of that? Also did you play eq back in the day and have you ever played warhammer?

Atlantica refuses to launch on my system for now (for no reason, really). Allods differ quite a lot from WoW, especially closer to endgame. 

I never caught EQI's glory. Hell, my first MMO was EQII, back in 2006, but I found myself getting bored with new features and lack of community. So there I am - constantly searching for something better.

WAR was... Ooooh, was that one bad. The only thing even remotely fun about it, were the immersion-killing BGs.

So when is this guild starting back up?

So when is this guild starting back up?

Depends on quite a few factors. I, myself, expect it to start in about two weeks or less. It will go like this, basically -

A) Set up a forum (our current priority)

B) Choose a game, while getting to know each other

C) Start to play and form a guild as soon, as possible.

So... Patience is your best bet, but I'll try to speed it up.

ive got a friend who would join as well if we went to ryzom probably i dont know if he would join if we went to eq1 but ill do my best haha. It sounds like fun to have a good group of people playing together.

ive got a friend who would join as well if we went to ryzom probably i dont know if he would join if we went to eq1 but ill do my best haha. It sounds like fun to have a good group of people playing together.

I don't even try to guess, which one is going to be the chosen game. Once we have the forums up, I'll wsend PMs to everyone who showed interest in the thread, so... Let us hope.

You can always contact me via IM - just search Goronian in XFire or Steam - that's the ones I use the most these days.

Cool more people =)  well i am still down for this idea.  I would like to gather some more info about peoples play times and the game to played as well... 

I can help out with vent or even maybe try and set up some type of forum, i have run through a bunch of games in the last few days free 2 play mostly some look pretty good but i would prefer having a group of friends / guild to go at it with.  Something to work toward building a community etc...

I like heping people out and farming things to build tradeskills / proffesion up for guild , makes it feel like i am part of something bigger than just playing a single player game haha.

I know it is hard to set something like this up because most of us here are looking for that spark we had when we first started playing and if we don't find it when we first start playing we usually quit and head back over to these forums in search of something new....

a friend once told me that i would never find that spark again which over the past 10 yrs i haven't lol.... i think now you have to create it , not find it !   thats just my thoughts

I am down to play almost anything but the biggest concern is the people and the dedication, i know how easy it is to just drop it and quit playing after a few days if you are not drawn in right off the bat...

Everquest 1 actualy was my first mmo and it was the best time i have every had in any mmo that i have played!  its a guild / or small group game now that you can have merc's you can make a group all by your self lol. there is so much content in that game i myself would love to get back into it but i am down for anything like i said

I am ready to chat more about this via vent or forums etc...

hope to hear more

I've reopened the forums and deleted the AoC theme (link). I'm doing some more groundwork, but this is the best place we have, for now.

FYI i just watched a video for RIFT ... and omg but other than that i haven't read anything about it lol

also in the future a game by perfect world entertainment  forsaken world i'll be trying that one and RIFT as well.

on to the point , should we register for that forum and begin setting up idea's and thoughts ?

Originally posted by Misken

FYI i just watched a video for RIFT ... and omg but other than that i haven't read anything about it lol

also in the future a game by perfect world entertainment  forsaken world i'll be trying that one and RIFT as well.

on to the point , should we register for that forum and begin setting up idea's and thoughts ?

You do that. Just post in general, for now, I'll move threads to the newly-created forums, when I get around to creating them.

ok well i'm in i'll continue my conversation on the new forums thanks all !

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

I am looking to get back into EQ1, and start from scratch, working through each of the expansions in progression, if that's what you all decide on, definitely sign me up.