Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

thinking about resubbing, but i have a quest...

TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

i see that they don't give you any information about your skills anymore.  doesn't tell me how much damage the skill does or how long it lasts, all it says is "deal holy damage."  i can't compare my equipped gear with the gear in my bag when i put my mouse over it and i can't control me pet.  i checked all the options for the interface but found nothing.  what's going on?  is it going to be like this forever or am i missing something?  that was some pretty useful stuff....

EDIT: oops, i mean't to say "but i have a question" image

Comments

• RdlabanRdlaban Member UncommonPosts: 396
    Originally posted by Tazlor

i see that they don't give you any information about your skills anymore.  doesn't tell me how much damage the skill does or how long it lasts, all it says is "deal holy damage."  i can't compare my equipped gear with the gear in my bag when i put my mouse over it and i can't control me pet.  i checked all the options for the interface but found nothing.  what's going on?  is it going to be like this forever or am i missing something?  that was some pretty useful stuff....

Mouseover comparizon with equipped gear: try holding in "shift" while you mouseover

For dps of skills; ye they removed some of that. For each skill you must have knowlege. check class forum;)

For the pet; disable addons if you have any. It should be right above your actionbars
  • NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

The pet action bar doesn't show up until you get the skill called command pet or something at lvl 10 I believe.

For comparing eqp in your bag I just got the addon eqp compare, I also recommend whatever one makes all your bags one window but that's more of preference thing.

• fr0d0b0ls0nfr0d0b0ls0n Member Posts: 1
    There is an option called Advanced Tooltips somewhere. I think is unchecked now by default.
  • MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689

Wow they changed something to actually make it a bit more difficult, I am honestly shocked lmao(though I have not played in over a year).

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.

• narakuunarakuu Member Posts: 348

Originally posted by MaGicBush

Wow they changed something to actually make it a bit more difficult, I am honestly shocked lmao(though I have not played in over a year).

I think its more likely they did it for the purpose of comparing skills to other skills alot simpler, or in this case non-existent for the very casual crowd. Or atleast I find that alot more likely to be the reason then for them to make anything hard on purpose.

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689

Originally posted by narakuu

Originally posted by MaGicBush

I think its more likely they did it for the purpose of comparing skills to other skills alot simpler, or in this case non-existent for the very casual crowd. Or atleast I find that alot more likely to be the reason then for them to make anything hard on purpose.

True I guess, probably did just remove it so people the casual gamers wont sit and be overwelmed trying to compare stuff. But at the same time that would also potentially gimp people that don't know about add-ons I would think.

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

Originally posted by Rdlaban

Mouseover comparizon with equipped gear: try holding in "shift" while you mouseover For dps of skills; ye they removed some of that. For each skill you must have knowlege. check class forum;) For the pet; disable addons if you have any. It should be right above your actionbars

i see, thanks.  i'm kind of upset they removed the skill info.  i no nothing about warlocks so i have no idea how much damage any of the skills do....i mean i can just use them and find out but it was nice to have it on the skill.  =/

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

Mouseover comparizon with equipped gear: try holding in "shift" while you mouseover For dps of skills; ye they removed some of that. For each skill you must have knowlege. check class forum;) For the pet; disable addons if you have any. It should be right above your actionbars

i see, thanks.  i'm kind of upset they removed the skill info.  i no nothing about warlocks so i have no idea how much damage any of the skills do....i mean i can just use them and find out but it was nice to have it on the skill.  =/

they DID NOT remove skill information, you just have the "beginner" tooltip enabled!

Just go to your interface options and change them to the normal tooltips and tadaaaa! you will get your information back.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

Originally posted by Volkmar

they DID NOT remove skill information, you just have the "beginner" tooltip enabled!

Just go to your interface options and change them to the normal tooltips and tadaaaa! you will get your information back.

ah thank you, it would be great to get them back.  unfortunately  i keep getting kicked off the server when i get to the lvl 8 questing spot for humans.  o.O  maybe they cut you off when you're on the trial or something.....