Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Friday Update: Inhabitants 11/26/10

ALA DARTH HATER:

Friday Update: Inhabitants

by Staff, posted November 26th, 2010 at 8:20 AM

Today's Star Wars: The Old Republic Friday Update included a bevy of additions to the Inhabitants section. The update detailed two new creatures, the Terentatek and Vine Cat; introduced the M3-M1 Medical Droid and the S3-F5 Inclement Condition Probe, and provided a thorough background of the Sith Pureblood.

Details on five new galactic inhabitants are now available on the HoloNet! Read up on the dangerous Terentatek and Vine Cat you don't want to go up against these creatures unprepared. Also, find information on the legacy of the red-skinned Sith Pureblood, descendants of the original Sith species. And don't forget about the droids! You'll find data about the M3-M1 Medical Droid and the S3-F5 Inclement Condition Probe.

The galaxy is full of fascinating occupants, so make sure to check the Inhabitants holorecords frequently for new updates!

=================================

ALA SWTOR DEV POST

AlysonBridge

New Inhabitants on the HoloNet! | Today , 06:24 AM

Report Post   image

Details on five new galactic inhabitants are now available on the HoloNet! Read up on the dangerous Terentatek and Vine Cat – you don’t want to go up against these creatures unprepared. Also, find information on the legacy of the red-skinned Sith Pureblood, descendants of the original Sith species. And don’t forget about the droids! You’ll find data about the M3-M1 Medical Droid and the S3-F5 Inclement Condition Probe.

The galaxy is full of fascinating occupants, so make sure to check the Inhabitants holorecords frequently for new updates!

Alyson Bridge

Follow us @ http://twitter.com/swtor and on Facebook

[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

================================

imageMedica

Comments

• DromedarrDromedarr Member Posts: 76

minor update this week, but looks pretty good to me :)

• harvest151harvest151 Member UncommonPosts: 217

I do believe that first screenshot is a bit dated. Those saber hilts are psycho big. I don't believe their current scale is that large.

• VladanVladan Member UncommonPosts: 36

http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/inhabitants/sith_pureblood/ss33/ss_pureblood01_800x450.jpg

That is more current, I belive. And generally, it looks quite awesome :)

• mesmerisemesmerise Member UncommonPosts: 200

I must admit not a fan of the way in which the terantateks look in this game, but that is an art decision that is reflective of the rest of the game for me as well.  Interesting information on the other new inhabitants though.

Thanks for the update!

M

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Originally posted by harvest151

I do believe that first screenshot is a bit dated. Those saber hilts are psycho big. I don't believe their current scale is that large.

lol yeah that hilt was kinda funny

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • harvest151harvest151 Member UncommonPosts: 217

I personally like the graphics fine, but moreso, I like what that "TYPE" of graphic will entail. More than 10 players and companions on my screen not having be be rendered in some ultra-realistic insane poly/pixel count that makes my graphics card start smoking and hundreds of full AA AF effects going off without starting  meltdown. It also means some more "dated" cards, (not old mind you, just a bit behind the curve) will be able to run it as well, offering a wider accessability to new players without throwing tons of hardware restrictions at them. Cell shading and the type of effects they are working with run much more smoothly across a wider variety of machines. I remember vanguard, swg, conan, etc and trying to run them maxxed out. It was not only painful, but in most cases down right impossible. 

My hope with the current grahics idea is that they sink tons of effort into gear and set appearances with equal focus on effects and  charachter abilities.  My jedi lightsaber moves should be TOTALLY unique from any sith moves. I think this graphics engine should lend well to that from what I have seen.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by Timukas

Maybe it's just me but the graphics look pretty bad for the 2nd decade of 21st century.

Some things look good, but some parts look like right out of EQ2.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Personally looking at the graphics myself they don't look that bad. I could play it just fine and feel good with the graphics.

As long as it looks fine to me, i dont' care how old the graphics are or are not. They don't need to be state of the art (frankly my comp probably couldn't handle it.)

So far graphics aren't really a problem for me.  Now if the game play is bad or the quests all suck (not that i've seen any proof of it) then that might turn me away but the graphics seem good enough to work.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Judging by the three pictures up top, as well as, most of the other pictures I have seen I have to say that the graphics look pretty darn good to me.  Very detailed and the shading even seems right in almost all cases.  I will admit though that the one screenie of the Jedi with two lightsabers is a little off.  Only because the saber hilts are so big around it looks like he is holding two silver "Pringles" cans.

Still, all in all, very nice look.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"