Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For people getting EVE for 5$ on Steam

x0eclipsex0eclipse Member UncommonPosts: 32

Before you make an account and register your CD key, PM me with your email and ill send you a 21 day trial invite. Accept the invite thru email and make an account that way, then register your CD key. You will then have 51 days of game time for 5 bucks (Since trial days get added to game time). 

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by x0eclipse
    Before you make an account and register your CD key, PM me with your email and ill send you a 21 day trial invite. Accept the invite thru email and make an account that way, then register your CD key. You will then have 51 days of game time for 5 bucks (Since trial days get added to game time). 

As far as I am aware the Steam offer is available to new accounts only because of the loophole you are pointing at.

In the past, it was indeed possible but it was fixed quickly, iirc.

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

And who is to say that this offer will still be available once your trial is over? xD

• x0eclipsex0eclipse Member UncommonPosts: 32

Originally posted by Gdemami

As far as I am aware the Steam offer is available to new accounts only because of the loophole you are pointing at.

In the past, it was indeed possible but it was fixed quickly, iirc.

Read my post. Its directed at people >planning to make an account. 

Read my post. Its directed at people >planning to make an account. 

Reading comprehension...sigh...

If you get a 21 days trial, you won't be able to take advantage of Steam offer. 5$ deal isn't applicable to already existing accounts - you won't be able to add 30 days from Steam to already created 21 days trial account.

Too bad ive done what you said i cannot do and i have 51 days of game time. Lol.

• MulliMulli Member Posts: 94

Yep. From the Buddy Program T&Cs:

Eligible subscription activations can be funded by Credit/Debit cards, Direct Debit, WebMoney Transfer, paysafecard, ETC, PLEX, iDeal and PayPal.

Payments not eligible for this offer: CD Keys, including CD Keys purchased or received from non-CCP sources and online stores such as, but not limited to: Steam Store, Direct2Drive, Gamers Gate, Impulse Driven.

edit: interesting that it worked for you though...I too thought they'd patched this as CCP deemed it an exploit. Odd.

Originally posted by Mulli

Yep. From the Buddy Program T&Cs:

Eligible subscription activations can be funded by Credit/Debit cards, Direct Debit, WebMoney Transfer, paysafecard, ETC, PLEX, iDeal and PayPal.

Payments not eligible for this offer: CD Keys, including CD Keys purchased or received from non-CCP sources and online stores such as, but not limited to: Steam Store, Direct2Drive, Gamers Gate, Impulse Driven.

edit: interesting that it worked for you though...I too thought they'd patched this as CCP deemed it an exploit. Odd.

I think it just means i cant get the 30 days for free when someone activates their account with the steam sale. Sucks but the person who gave me the 21 days was a bro knowing (or possibly not) that they wouldnt get 30 days cuz of it. XD

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Someone mentioned in the ingame chat earlier that they'd upgraded their trial with it also.

I am not saying how it is now, I just say how it was with the same offer in the past.

CCP is losing money. Instead of getting 2 months subscription for 35$ you get for the same money 7 months by buying 7 Steam accounts and using buddy offer.

It is even burried somewhere on these forums...

Originally posted by Gdemami

I am not saying how it is now, I just say how it was with the same offer in the past.

CCP is losing money. Instead of getting 2 months subscription for 35$ you get for the same money 7 months by buying 7 Steam accounts and using buddy offer.

It is even burried somewhere on these forums...

For the 2 invites i sent, both of which the recipients registered with a steam CD key, i recieved 0 Days free. So it works like i described, you will get 51 days, but the inviter gets 0 days from the buddy program.

For the 2 invites i sent, both of which the recipients registered with a steam CD key, i recieved 0 Days free. So it works like i described, you will get 51 days, but the inviter gets 0 days from the buddy program.

Fair enough. Seems like a much better fix than last time when you truly could not stack the free game times.

Works for me. Ill be a bro to get people more free days and then when i get 3 more invites next month ill use them for real to get free days. Hell by that time i might even have enuff for a PLEX. This is a f2p MMO in disguise :P

lol, lets be honest here... how many "new players" do you really think will last 50 days on eve?

Most people dont last the 14 day trial.

Already these forums have people complaining that its boring, think they'll stick at it for 50 days just because they've paid for it?  nu-uh, no way xD

Originally posted by sadeyx
    lol, lets be honest here... how many "new players" do you really think will last 50 days on eve?
    Most people dont last the 14 day trial.

It is not the same.

People subscribing are the people who do last more than 14 days, if not, they would not subscribe.

Surely that there will be part of he people that will subscribe without extending their trial account but...

I'm not so sure!   I've bought games on steam just because they were incredibly cheap, and never actually played them! lol

There is this weird mental thing that people have about bargains.   It seems people are more likley to buy something than they are take a free trial.

I literally know about 7 people on my steam friends list who bought Eve for $5 from the last time... never lasted 5 days, didnt even bother to give it a chance,  why didnt they do the trial first?... god knows :D