Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gold farmer invasion

As reported on a number of forums (including by members of this one) there seems to be a noticeable increase in the presence of gold farmers botting for currency in the game.  Given the population on the servers in 22,000- 24,000 total at this point that is an alarming trend and could potentially lead to [more] disaster once the markets are "fixed".

I wonder how much of the population at this point is counted from these guys?

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
"The worst part of censorship is ------------------"

Comments

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

And the gold rush begins!

• NekrataalNekrataal Member Posts: 557

Truely pathetic!

I logged on Wutai last night at 8 pm & there was only 600 online... now I wonder how much of that number were gil farmers like these.

Not even mentioning the 100+ just standing in cities doing nothing but afk bazarring.

That doesn't leave much ppl to play with. :(

Will the game updates help? We'll have to wait & see I guess.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

LOL Wait...wait wait wait...why? Why would there be a ton of gold farmers in a game that no one's really playing? I am so confused...and how did this even happen? With such a small population of players one would think they could keep better tabs on the people there.

I hate conspiracy theories, but considering how desperate they are for funding right now I'd be willing to believe they know those botters are there, and are letting them have their fun for now. Once those free months are up, which is soon, those sub fees will still be getting paid. Beggers can't be choosers, I guess

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• choujiofkonochoujiofkono Member Posts: 852

Originally posted by gaeanprayer

LOL Wait...wait wait wait...why?

I can't tell you how many times I've asked that question in relation to this game.  Most of the time in the beta. 

Nothing surprises me at this point. 

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

I've seen two particular groups like this, although never moving. They sell stuff for ridiculously high, so I don't really see them making much money...

He who keeps his cool best wins.

Originally posted by Benthon

I've seen two particular groups like this, although never moving. They sell stuff for ridiculously high, so I don't really see them making much money...

That's probably part of the domination and manipulation of the economy.  They have to be active or they wouldn't have stuff to sell in the first place.  Pretty much like any other asian grinder you can think of. 

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Originally posted by Benthon

That is exactly how these bastards work.

They try to drive the prices up and up and up. And so try to "force" people into buying currency from them via RMT.

That's what they did in WoW and they really succeeded in that game. That's why RMT is thriving like crazy in WoW.

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

Oh my god! This is almost as bad as in LOTRO or WOW! I bet half of the FF14 players are gilfarmers or afk bazaars. The 80% of the players that did not like the game have most likely left by now. Patch in a few minutes, i bet none of the remaining 20% players will play after the patch and SE will merge to one server and go F2P with item Shop.

It was fun while it lasted.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

Mmos will never cease to amaze me. Putting bots on FFXIV is like boarding the titanic while its sinking to get a good place near the orchestra.

• DromedarrDromedarr Member Posts: 76

And I thought Matrix Online was epic fail... clearly not. I'm sorry to see this happening right after APB fiasco.

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829

The complete lack of tools ingame to report/deal with bots and gold famers was fairly lacking after the release of the game, have they implemented anything since then for players to deal with/report those types?

Somehow I think that dealing with bots/gold farmers is not a major concern for them right now. At this point FFXIV needs all the potential future subscribers it can get hehe.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Originally posted by Ryukan

The complete lack of tools ingame to report/deal with bots and gold famers was fairly lacking after the release of the game, have they implemented anything since then for players to deal with/report those types?

Somehow I think that dealing with bots/gold farmers is not a major concern for them right now. At this point FFXIV needs all the potential future subscribers it can get hehe.

Support, report 3rd part programs?

It was always there as far as I know and they act very fast.

• SelpharesSelphares Member Posts: 430

Actually that 'news' is pretty old. Not to mention that I already made a while back a thread to that topic where I actually talked about how bad the market works for gold farmers.

Hmmm at least we get no news like that SE shutted down the servers right now. :)

• SelpharesSelphares Member Posts: 430

Originally posted by bloodaxes

Sort of hard to explain these function if people not play the game. I really sometimes feel like tehre are bad news created for the only reason to just well have a bad news. *sighs*

I hope I am wrong about that.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Originally posted by choujiofkono

I think they need the subscriber numbers nomatter where they come from lol 

It has to leave you wondering who they think they are going to sell to  xD  Each other? 

Well, if FFXIV closes down, atleast they won something: The ultimate way to get rid of bots.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

AoC initially had a lot of gold farmers too. Most however realized after a while that they would earn more money in Wow and I have a feeling most here will do so too. FF XIV is so small that the earnings are limited, while in Wow you can always find a lot of buyers.

So no worries, mate. They will soon be back to farming Wow again.

• terroniterroni Member Posts: 935

Originally posted by bloodaxes

When I was still playing this game we reported bots and they were still there a week later.

Wouldn't call that fast.

Once the two bots that were there were gone, they were replaced immediately with two more.

Cave farming is where it's at!

Drop the next-gen marketing and people will argue if the game itself has merit.

• ConvoConvo Member UncommonPosts: 160

There is a video on youtube on the guy who basically started gold  farming.  Look it up.  Very interesting insight.  If there was no money to be made they would not be in the game.  

• De4dd0gDe4dd0g Member Posts: 157

Originally posted by freston

Mmos will never cease to amaze me. Putting bots on FFXIV is like boarding the titanic while its sinking to get a good place near the orchestra.

This has to be the funniest thing i've heard in awhile via MMORPG forums... thanks for the smile =)

//Processor//AMD Phenom II x6 (4.6GHZ)//Video//CrossfireX ATI Radeon HD 5850//Motherboard//ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3//RAM//6GB DDR3 2000mhz Patriot//HDD//Raid 0 7200RPM Seagate 1TB//

• sultharsulthar Member Posts: 298

And the music aint even good !

• CrynswindCrynswind Member Posts: 290

Originally posted by sulthar

And the music aint even good !

lol xD

• ChackzChackz Member Posts: 76

lol saw a mob of those lil bastards a couple weeks ago but my computer took a shit on my dick so i cant play right now :( epic fail..

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Gold farmers are almost useless imo you get so much money just doing leves and selling crystals and loot dropped you should never get broke unless your a lazy crafter that buys materials instead of getting them himself.

Hell I got 1.5 million gil and lvl 33 gear can cost me most 100k each, A lot? nope I can sell some shards/crystals and get much more then that back.

• ZakorZakor Member UncommonPosts: 214

ONE of the problem is that WE CAN'T report them within the game easily. No /report command within the game.

So, people don't report as much as they should.

It's too complicated, and when you do report them, SE ask you all kind of stupid questions like : What kind of third party they are using... DO WE KNOW? NO! Because we're not the ones that are botting. I'm no medium...

It's like if SE want us to investigate the botters for them. Why ask such questions!? And if you can't anwser those questions, it look like they don't take it seriously.

Now playing : FFXIV
    Waiting on : TBD
    Best MMORPGs played : EQ, FFXI

It's not like it's a secret, there are dozens of stories about these bots all over the net now.  If SE is not aware of it then they aren't looking very hard.

I have not seen this type of botting in other games.  Not a group of several obvious clones running around with simultaneous spells going off, that's just ridiculous.  These guys must not be afraid of getting caught at all.