Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth returning to this game for me? Questions.

fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

Well, I have gotten everything completed in lotro now.   Looking for a game to max out next. 

I have this game, bought it when it came out, have the mammoths and all that good crap.

How has this game changed?

When I played I remember things that needed serious fixing...    If anyone can answer these few questions it would help alot thanks.

1.  bosses were kicked through walls never to be seen again,  does buts like this still happen?

2.  there was alot of quests that I was unable to complete because they were glitched.  Does this still happen?

3.   Probably the most important question.  Would it be easy for me to lvl from 50 to max lvl solo this late in the release,  would I be able to run dungeons nonstop or be able to find members to help with stuff quickley, or is it pretty much dead group wise in dungeons and grouping till 80?

4.   Are cutscenses still screwed if you get attacked while trying to finish a quest in pvp areas?

5.   I heard something about getting a free lvl 50 character if you return is that true?   What are they offering returning players these days as a bonus to return, if anything at all?

Comments

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179

I quit shortly after the x-pac came out and all I know is that there hasn't been a major update since May.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

Sry to hear they gave up on it themselves, this game could have been great if they would have put some extra money into making it polished rather then just running promos after its release.   

Lotro was great inbeing able to polish thier game,  it just took some thinking and money. 

If a company like this wants to just let it die they dont know how good thier game could be still, with the current market for people looking for something new still.

If they took lotro as an example and ran thier game like lotro just did with the f2p updates, this game would be worth coming back to x 100.    Was hoping that day would come, but now they dont want to put money into making it perfect and user friendly it breaks my heart.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you look at  lotro today, youll see people nonstop running low lvl content again,  just by simply having a dungeon panel for people to join dungeons from anywhere in the world, and to be able to set those dungeons to any lvl they want,  like great barrows which used to be only a lvl 20 dungeon, to now everyone from 20-65 (max lvl) can now run.    Added simple vendors with great gear rewards for marks you get in dungeons,  huge improvment to the game,  and resulted in 1 mill +  NEW subscribers,  Just off of a little bit of time, thinking and money.  

If age of conan did this kind of updating and thinking and polishing of thier game, it would do much better then lotro I beleive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

What lotro proved by the f2p updates and those that followed it, was that HIGH QUALITY CONTENT is more important to a subscriber then just more low quality added content, even though alot of people complained of slow conetent release in lotro.    They got it right 100%..   You make your already released content in age of conan HIGH QAULITY AND POLISHED,  youll see the turn around like lotro did.

• DepartedSoulDepartedSoul Member UncommonPosts: 99

All of the content is at 80. If you are looking for insta Q dungeons like wow or something, this game isn't for you.

When a man lies... he murders some part of the World.

• fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

Originally posted by DarkAsmodeus

All of the content is at 80. If you are looking for insta Q dungeons like wow or something, this game isn't for you.

I seen WOW and thier dungeon Q's,  but thats not the type I'm talking about.    The kind I'm talking about would be like lotro did with thier updates.    Having a panel that all players could access anywhere in the world,  and to be able to join an instance with people they find in the game to run it with.  With the ability to set that dungeon to a dificulty level of any lvl up to 80,   like if you and your buddies are 50 and want to run black castle, then you can set the dungeon to lvl 50 and then enter it without having to summon people to a location on the world, but to have the ability to join it from where you are currently in the world.

Bascily would work like this:    Someone shouts in a global channel that they want to run black castle at lvl 50.    All the level 50 player range people in the world would then send you a tell saying, I want to run.   Then you open up a panel and access that dungeon,  and they would be able to join it from where they currently are. 

This is pretty much the dungeon setup I'm talking about, which gave only one aspect of the game in lotro a polished high quality look.    

They added much more then this to lotro,  and this is not all I would like to see in Age of Conan.

1. broken quests fixed 2. vendors for dungeon loots.  3. rewards for everyone in dungeons, and maybe even instead of loot drops on bosses, that no one can use sometimes.  To have some form of marks or something to trade to a NPC for gear for your class that you can choose.

Bottom line that I'm saying is:   Sink a little bit of time and money and thought into some changes that would populate lower lvls again,   be friendly to newer users,  and also build a solid player base with  high quality content.   Comparable to the level and quality and attention they gave lvls 1-20 in the game.    

And as for all the:  The "This game isnt for you" talk. This is exactly what I would like to see changed. The way to make this "the game thats for you" instead.

• I just got an e-mail with 10 free to play days, maybe you got it too.