It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
A friend and I decided to check out the game yesterday to see all the new stuff over recent weeks ( did not re sub a few guildies re subbed my toon a few weeks ago to get all the Steel i had in my bank). First thing I did was kill a few people and go red. While I was doing this the game was freaking out a bit , when I walked up to people harvesting trees or rocks they would speed up to ridiculous speeds like they were hitting the resource 10 times a second. It was almost as if the server was trying to catch up, it was laggy as hell as well. I have a top notch system so I know thats not the problem since I run every game I play pretty much flawlessly.
After killing a few people we decided to go get a horse. They are all running around about what seemd to be super speed basicly just freaking out. But my friend was able to tame one. We were on Ventrilo and I kept asking my friend why was he runing off ? He said Im not running Im just standing right in front of you. But I saw him run off at about 100 mph a few times. The De Sync was horrible since he kept dissapearing.
We went back to Fabernum and I was red at the time and 2 guys come up to us.... One a mage one just in armor and he seemed to have no weapon equipt. Next thing I know I get hit with a mind blast that took away half my Hitpoints ??? But It did not register a number in my chat. Then my friend healed me for 56 and bamm I was dead ? The guy with no weapon walked up to me and hit me for 100 through my plate scale chest and killed me. So 170 Hitpoints gone in 2 hits with a 56 heal in the middle ??
This is either cheats or the game is once again seriously broken. Could be a mix of both since Ive seen that in the past as well.
I wanted the game to be fun, and it was for a few minutes, until the thing that caused my entire guild to leave the game reared its ugly head. Since I have not played in a while and the weapon the guy hit me with was invisible I have no idea what I was getting hit with and since the Mage who mindblasted me had to hit be for a ridiculous amount as well I saw no point in bothering to ever log into this game again.
Heres my assessment and what I found
1. De Sync is horrible
2. Weapons still broken
3. Magic Still broken Still no new classes . Has anyone seen a high fantasy MMO launch with one mage class with ridiculous spells thats still broke 6 months after release ?
4. FPS lag still bad when just a few people get on your screen.
5. The whole time we were on which was about 1 hour we saw about 6 to 8 people from the meduli area to fabernum and did not run into one single person in the wilderness.
6. Bugs Broken Mechanics still are in game. I didnt try swimming because I didnt want to drown so no idea if thats still broke way back from The beginning of closed beta.
7. The graphics look ok but the game still looks very bland and dull. Compared to another real life looking game AOC it looks like a huge brown and green mess.
8. Pigs were flying through the air (as usual) They were on roofs and they wer underground. The Horses were doing the same. Gazelles would dissapear before your eyes and also fly and go underground at times.