Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst gaming community ever, stay away if this matters to you.

2»

Comments

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732

Originally posted by alltoreup21

Originally posted by Silok

I played 1 game, that was enough for me to know that i will not have fun. I mean i was a noob since this was my first game but still they treat me like shit so i finish the game and unistall the game.

I play to have fun not to endure insult from immature moron.

Smart. If you can't take a lil omfgrage, go back to pve games.

To the people a bit more patient that this guy: If you're playing as a lv 1, the game needs to find an approximate ELO rating. Give it a few games, it'll balance you against people (relatively) near your skill level. Understand that as you're learning, you will lose a lot. Find some buddies to queue with, and it gets much more fun.

For the record, "feeding" refers to getting killed excessively, giving extra gold/xp to the other team. Getting ganked is one thing, but watching a teammate run into obvious traps repeatedly is very aggravating.

here we go with this un-original quote :if you cant take that blah blah blah go back there blah blah blah.......

Patience has nothing to do. This kind of community simply suck. They see you are a lvl 1 noob but still insult you to the bone, i saw this too many time to this kind of niche pvp game. A game is only a game and it should be fun, the problem with these kind of players it's they take it way too seriously like this was the real life or something and if you lose you actually loose your soul.....

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Originally posted by Povey151

Played just about every major MMO to hit the market. A ton of non-major MMO's. FPS, etc. Been online gaming since MUDS. 360, PS2, Dreamcast, PC.... etc. etc..

This game has by far and without a shadow of a doubt... the worst community I have ever seen. Chat rarely amounts to nothing more than baseless filth spewed from the mouths of people claiming that you are a "kid" when they themselves most likely are less mature than your average middle school child. If you die, do bad, have an off day/game, or do anything other than perfection then you will be berated to shit... since one side loses every match... well you get the picture there.

So then you hop over to the LOL forums. I actually read a 3 page post that was almost exclusively people saying that this was "not just a game". Just about every post affirms this sentement. Someone posted a lore post on general (the most appropriate place) and got voted right off due to the need to bitch, moan, complain, and berate other people.

I'm sorry but MMO's need to understand that community is an important factor of their games and that they are gonna be the ones left holding the bag when things got out of hand.

The game really is a "Decent' game, but if community matters at all to you, stay away from this title. The community here is pure filth.

You clearly haven't played Heroes of Newerth (HoN) or Defense of the Ancients (Dota) the Warcraft 3 mod that both HoN and League of Legends are based on.

Dota has a much rougher crowd then LoL.  LoL is free to play but actually a very good game so it has a combination of poor ass kids who are still in middle and high school, cheap ass motherfuckers who think that paying for anyform of entertainment is a rip off, and, suprisingly, well rounded game enthusiast.  Throw in a few hardcore gamers and you got the community of LoL.  Yes, there are kiddies.  Yes there is bitching..but the community isn't anywhere NEAR as harsh as Dota's community.  Dota has been around for a long time and all it's players are very established in their game and know exactly what to do and how to do it.  They will chew you out in a matter of seconds.

HoN is the same way as Dota but not as bad.

Really, you should blame the game's mechanics for the harsh community.  Every single person on your team must pull their weight or the team as a whole will fail.  If your tank isn't doing his job, the dps cant do theirs.  If your support doesn't help the tank, the tank dies.  Its a delicate balance. 

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

It's DoTA 2.0 . It was bad enough on Warcraft 3, it's not going to be any better.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• MentatMentat Member UncommonPosts: 516

So you had some bad experiences with a few of the community of millions and decided that the whole community (including myself and many other good sporting gamers) is crap.

Very nice of you to call all of us "the worst" when you haven't met us. I can say this comment you made about every mmo/mmorpg I've EVER played including Everquest, DoAC, AO, WoW (especially wow), etc.. but, I don't because, I know that the whole community is not like that.

Now the difference between LoL and most of the above mentioned - LoL requires a great deal of skill and mental discipline - MMORPGs generally move at a very slow pace and you have time to take mental breaks whenever you want.

When you enter a game in League of Legends - you should be prepared for 25-80 minutes of concentration on the game. It is a competitive, destroy the other teams base type game. You expect in a game that is highly competitive that people are always going to be civil? Well, I mostly expect that but, it's usually only the case when your team is doing well. I'm finding the higher ranking to be a bit more tolerable with only 1 or 2 douches per game max. Easily remedied by the "/ignore douchebag" command (where douchebag would be the actual name of the person).

Many people run out of mental discipline when the .... hits the fan in LoL and their team is doing poorly. A good team knows that in LoL the balance can shift instantly - a never give up attitude is not a bad one in LoL.

If you like highly competitive games - I highly recommend LoL...

This game is truly one that deserves the tagline "if you can't take the heat..."

Of course in the OP's case it would be "if you can't take the heat - come cry about it on a forum and blame the community"

• MentatMentat Member UncommonPosts: 516

Originally posted by TheHavok

Played just about every major MMO to hit the market. A ton of non-major MMO's. FPS, etc. Been online gaming since MUDS. 360, PS2, Dreamcast, PC.... etc. etc..

This game has by far and without a shadow of a doubt... the worst community I have ever seen. Chat rarely amounts to nothing more than baseless filth spewed from the mouths of people claiming that you are a "kid" when they themselves most likely are less mature than your average middle school child. If you die, do bad, have an off day/game, or do anything other than perfection then you will be berated to shit... since one side loses every match... well you get the picture there.

So then you hop over to the LOL forums. I actually read a 3 page post that was almost exclusively people saying that this was "not just a game". Just about every post affirms this sentement. Someone posted a lore post on general (the most appropriate place) and got voted right off due to the need to bitch, moan, complain, and berate other people.

I'm sorry but MMO's need to understand that community is an important factor of their games and that they are gonna be the ones left holding the bag when things got out of hand.

The game really is a "Decent' game, but if community matters at all to you, stay away from this title. The community here is pure filth.

You clearly haven't played Heroes of Newerth (HoN) or Defense of the Ancients (Dota) the Warcraft 3 mod that both HoN and League of Legends are based on.

Dota has a much rougher crowd then LoL.  LoL is free to play but actually a very good game so it has a combination of poor ass kids who are still in middle and high school, cheap ass motherfuckers who think that paying for anyform of entertainment is a rip off, and, suprisingly, well rounded game enthusiast.  Throw in a few hardcore gamers and you got the community of LoL.  Yes, there are kiddies.  Yes there is bitching..but the community isn't anywhere NEAR as harsh as Dota's community.  Dota has been around for a long time and all it's players are very established in their game and know exactly what to do and how to do it.  They will chew you out in a matter of seconds.

HoN is the same way as Dota but not as bad.

Really, you should blame the game's mechanics for the harsh community.  Every single person on your team must pull their weight or the team as a whole will fail.  If your tank isn't doing his job, the dps cant do theirs.  If your support doesn't help the tank, the tank dies.  Its a delicate balance. 

Yes, he probably got a bad mix - maybe no tank or too little dps or no carry... of course, having just started the game - these things would be foreign to most. When I first started playing LoL, I had no clue of these things but, I still had a great time. Let your team know in chat that you're new - and you're more likely to get suggestions like "build a bunch fo this type of item" "don't be so aggresive - the enemy is baiting you" kind of thing...

• CernanCernan Member UncommonPosts: 360

I have a 29 summoner, and I do play this game more than just about any other at the moment.  However, the community at a glance is just a bunch of a**hats.  There are good people playing the game, but you are mostly right.  If you have an off game, you will get some foul mouthed rants thrown in your direction.  The best thihg you can do is ignore chat.

Most of the games I rarely read chat.  That doesn't mean I don't pay attention to what my team is doing.  I glance at chat and look for any short lines that say MIA (bottom mia, twitch mia...that means be on the lookout)  I don't read full sentences, it isn't worth my time.  I suggest getting in that habit.  You only need to get so much out of chat.  If someone is being a pain, just add them to your ignore list.

Some of the others are right.  This is an e-sport game.  Most people are going to be competitive by nature and the chat will follow suit.  If you want meaningful chat this isn't the game.  I will say this though, at low levels it doesn' t hurt to ask for help in chat.  By the time you get to your teens or 20s, don't expect much help though.  Everyone will expect you know everything there is to know.

• thanoskkkthanoskkk Member UncommonPosts: 230

2 days i play this game and i already experienced this issue but i dont care tbh, the game is great so im ready to ignore the "pro" kids 

He that lives upon Hope dies farting.

• jvxmtgjvxmtg Member Posts: 371

hahaha, I can't help but to laugh. Welcome to the world of PvP oriented games.

It's not surprising the attitude that you have described, but this is the attitude in the dark side of any MMO. The PvP side.

If you look around, in any game, all elitist jerks are in the PvP area. No exemption on that. Pick a game, the elitist jerks are in the PvP side of the game.

Thus a game that is 100% PvP, what did you actually expect?

Ready for GW2!!!
  • ClocksimusClocksimus Member Posts: 354

It sounds to me like the OP entered a match without an idea of what he was supposed to be doing and then got upset people started yelling at him for playing poorly.  Generally in LoL you get picked on if you are that guy that dies 3 times in the first 10 mins.  Yes, this is very bad for your team and you deserve to be yelled at.  LoL is not an MMO. LoL is a team based game and therefore much more  annoying when you lose because Bob scored a  0/14/3 and wonder why his 3x Madred didn't make him the ownage.

I've played 1000+ matchs of LoL and enjoy it so I guess I'm one of those people that the OP is referring.

• KriosisKriosis Member Posts: 345

Originally posted by Clocksimus

It sounds to me like the OP entered a match without an idea of what he was supposed to be doing and then got upset people started yelling at him for playing poorly.  Generally in LoL you get picked on if you are that guy that dies 3 times in the first 10 mins.  Yes, this is very bad for your team and you deserve to be yelled at.  LoL is not an MMO. LoL is a team based game and therefore much more  annoying when you lose because Bob scored a  0/14/3 and wonder why his 3x Madred didn't make him the ownage.

I've played 1000+ matchs of LoL and enjoy it so I guess I'm one of those people that the OP is referring.

3x madreds? I've never seen that, 6x arc staffs, sure.

There is this little thing called Practice. I'd reccomend starting there OP, getting familiar with the items and champs. I also reccomend this thread for more information on both builds and counters. Try some of those and eventually you'll start finding ways that work for you.

• jvxmtgjvxmtg Member Posts: 371

Originally posted by Clocksimus

Dying 3 times in the first 10 minutes depends on the manner of your death. If mid is lane hopping, then you died, what can you do? But dying because you think you can jungle then fail, or you think you can tower dive then fail, then it's reasonable getting yelled at. But dying because you're getting focused and getting ganked or someone is vindictive that you have to die...it's unfair to be blamed at that.

Also good tanks usually take the death to save others, so the score is really irrelevant on how you perform.

But many players has tunnel vision that all what matters to them is the win:death ratio. Sometimes these players are worst since they often leave a team fight just to preserve their positive stats.

Ready for GW2!!!
  • eisenryueisenryu Member Posts: 157

I am proud to say that I am a contributer to the horrible community of this game. But really, if people didnt suck dick I do strongly beleive it would lead me to be nicer. Anyone with me?

World of Warcraft is the original creation of God. Real Life is in fact a WoW clone.

• PapamacPapamac Member UncommonPosts: 162

Originally posted by eisenryu

I am proud to say that I am a contributer to the horrible community of this game. But really, if people didnt suck dick I do strongly beleive it would lead me to be nicer. Anyone with me?

It's funny.  I jumped onto the forums here specifically to post about the fact that League of Legends, in my personal opinion, has the worst community I've ever encountered in 15 years of online gaming.

Lo and behold, I find a thread dedicated to just such a thing.  And the first post I read is from one of the people who makes the community as bad as it is.

Thank you, eisenryu, for saving me the time of having to make a point.  You've made it for me.

Originally posted by Comnitus

Originally posted by Zookz1

Originally posted by Robokapp

Povey, League of Legends is not an MMO. That one really is an E-Sport.

you cant judge its community by mmo standards.

it's massive, it's multiplayer, it has MMO elements...its not an mmo still.

What do you mean you can't judge an MMOG community by MMORPG standards? Is a smacktard different in LoL than in an MMORPG? I don't think so.

There are levels of smacktardedness that may be worse in one game and better in another. Apparently, it's worse in LoL because of the atmosphere created by the gameplay (not surprisingly).

You can judge a prison community and a suburban neighborhood in Happyland on the same level - both will have smacktards - but I bet you the smacktards in jail would be far worse.

The smacktards in jail would be dead.

Originally posted by Robokapp

what, you never played a team sport like soccer where everyone's yelling "go left. go left. pass it, I'm open. WTF was that?"

People get passionate in sports. And online people get passionate in E-Sports.

MMO's are NOT E-Sports. Pvp games are.

I agree with this.  The problem is that at a soccer match there's a line you don't cross or you get kicked from the game.  In an e-sport, apparently there are no lines.  No boundaries.  People feel free to say and do whatever they want, because of the anonymity that the internet provides.

There is no decorum.  There is no etiquette.  It's just a bunch of immature idiots calling one another whatever names pop into their heads.  And it's all because they're losing a game.

Sorry.  Community matters.  I don't care what you want to call this game.  MMO.  e-Sport. Whatever.  There is a portion of the LoL community that fails to understand that this is a game.  It's a game where one team or the other is going to lose.  Unless you play only in pre-mades, you are probably going to lose around 50% of the time.  If you don't have the maturity to deal with that, at least have the decency to keep your frustration from boiling over onto the internet.

The ironic thing is that yelling at your teammates rarely, if ever, has the desired effect.  Once you start screaming at your team, you've already lost.  LoL is a team game.  Some people don't get that.

• MuridanMuridan Member Posts: 94

I've been playing this game for about a month, just hit level 20 yesterday.

Everything the OP said about the community is true.

That being said, what in the blue hell do you expect?

It's a freaking PvP game, full of PvP players. I've been playing online games since 1998 (UO) and in all that time the attitude of the average PvP'er has ALWAYS been the same. Why on earth would you go into a PvP game and expect to see anything different? I could understand if you ran into one of these types in a game like LOTRO, but you went to "their" game.

If I'm sitting in my living room and a shark attacks me, I'm gonna be like WFT? but if I go into a shark tank and I get attacked by a shark, I have no freaking right to be like WFT?

Don't go into someone else's house and expect them to act the way YOU want them to.

• ChimpsChimps Member Posts: 192

Like the other guys said, in PvP games you play to win and if you lose you will get mad.

In RPGs you play to relax, meet people all in all just chill out.

But i played LoL and people aren't jerks there? The only boring thing is nobody ever talks it gets quiet, but when i do talk people are nice too me.

But i haven't played LoL in like 4-5 months now so maybe it changed over that time?

Originally posted by Muridan

If I'm sitting in my living room and a shark attacks me, I'm gonna be like WFT? but if I go into a shark tank and I get attacked by a shark, I have no freaking right to be like WFT?

Don't go into someone else's house and expect them to act the way YOU want them to.

Whose house is it, exactly?

If you're intimating that the players of the game "own the house", then, as a player, it's my house too.  That makes the other players my roommates.  Roommates are usually bound by an agreed-upon set of rules, usually laid out upon their entering into an agreement to share said house.

In this case, the rules have been set out by the developer of the game.  If I'm not mistaken, Riot has made it quite clear that everybody should do their best to get along.

I'm not suggesting that we should all be best friends.  All I'm suggesting is that it should be possible to live in the same "house" with one another.  A little patience, civility, and a good sense of humour go a long way.

• KanjuroKanjuro Member Posts: 4

Hahaha, I find this funny. I am not one of those guys that goes off on people who do poorly. I do give suggestion and if they keep going on like they are not part of the team, then I just sit back and wait for the game to end. I also have bad games here and there getting chewed out by other players but I knew this would happen to me. It is like any sports running to win the championship, people who play LoL play to win. They are going to chew you out while in that competitive mood. You really cannot do nothing about the atmospher that comes with the game except take it.

Usually I play with my cousins and we always chew each other out during the games. However, the next day we just go on laughing about it. I also found hundreds of players like this. Also, you should not be surprise if people do go off on each other if they are having a bad day. When you lose so many games in a row and see the excact same mistake happening over and over just with different players will sometimes make you go off.

• AngelboundAngelbound Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,437

fuck ass retard i love it lol that made my day I completly agree with this statement.

• AngelboundAngelbound Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,437

I recall quite a few mmorpgs that had decent pvp where everyone didnt like like a bunch of idiotic primates that make me ashamed to live among the same race.

Graned never played much of a straight pvp game but still come on.

This discussion has been closed.