Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What keeps your from going back to WoW?

Comments

• mmogawdmmogawd Member Posts: 732

Originally posted by Xirik

Originally posted by Rekindle

[mod edit]

uggh this reminds me little school kids..

So if you find something you like and it becomes popular does that mean you don[object Window]t like it anymore? Talk about shallow.

The only thing worse than liking something just because it is popular... is NOT liking something just because it is popular.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

It's taken a strong will, but when I played it in beta, I decided it wasn't for me.....never been back since!

• ScribZScribZ Member Posts: 424

Originally posted by Shadus

Just bored of it. I came. I saw. I conquered. Several times. Not really interested in doing it again.

^^ This!

I lost count of how many times I leveled all my characters to cap, farmed all thier gear, cap'd all thier crafts, and then did it all over again. This time around though, instead of spending another 2-3 month sub fees to get a worgen hunter, I think I'll just spend the money for the race change on my already cap'd elf hunter and instantly have the one I want. And then cancel my sub after 1 month hahaha. Seriously though, its just gonna be the same as it always is anyway right, just with a different holloween costume on.

• SunriderSunrider Member UncommonPosts: 527

I've gone back to WoW on a few occasions in the past year or so, and what keeps turning me away is the just the lack of a decent community. I've applied to countless guilds, have a great gearscore, pump out tons of DPS, but the community is just so... blah, and I play an MMO for the community, not for the solo'ing. I can do that without paying 15 a month.

"And after blizzard takes over the world, they are gonna gather a bunch of lemmings, sit on their fat asses near a cliff, and watch the little fuzzy bastards suicide dive into the ground below. . . . . all just for their own entertainment."

• zereelistzereelist Member Posts: 373

The fact that its hardly an MMO anymore.  I do miss the PVP at times though. 

Going to pass on Cata, I already know how it will end up after 3 months or so.

• DesolateWolfDesolateWolf Member Posts: 30

Money

• DJ_Din0DJ_Din0 Member Posts: 8

Because its not EQ!!!....I want Necro's/Bards....than i'd probably be in there like swim wear.....and its to easy.....think that article I read about a 6 year old going through the content with such ease was just like.....0_O

• BloodDualityBloodDuality Member UncommonPosts: 404
    For me it is because I got a full time job working 3pm until 1:30am four days Week and just no longer have the time to put into the game to make it worthwhile to play and pay for. If the game was free to play I wouldn't mind, but it is not worth paying for something to only enjoy a few hours a week. Sadly though if it was free to play I would not play it due to micrtransactions. Guess I am doomed to not play mmos for a while and just be content to read about them.
  • tuomiopaivatuomiopaiva Member UncommonPosts: 55

I actually did get back to wow as I wanted to see how things are before deciding what to do with cata. After two months I'm so bored all I can think of is what game to install next. I started playing wow in open beta and I've felt it's slowly gone worse with every expansion and patch. The last straw for me was removing portals and making transport harder. I feel I'm not in control of what I want to do anymore but instead Blizzard is making that decision for me. My wife is feeling exactly the same so it's propably lotro/war for us while waiting for tera/rift/gw2. Future for mmorpg'ers does really look sweet.

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243

Because it sucked.

I got to about level 35-40 and was really bored by then, to the point where I couldn't be bothered going back. I really don't understand what the fuss is about with this game. I'm sure it appeals to people new to the genre and single player gamers, but that's about it. I spent more time playing Champions Online than I did World of Warcraft, that's how bad I thought it was.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by BloodDuality

For me it is because I got a full time job working 3pm until 1:30am four days Week and just no longer have the time to put into the game to make it worthwhile to play and pay for. If the game was free to play I wouldn't mind, but it is not worth paying for something to only enjoy a few hours a week. Sadly though if it was free to play I would not play it due to micrtransactions. Guess I am doomed to not play mmos for a while and just be content to read about them.

Time cards my friend.  That's why they made them, for people that cannot use monthly sub's because of work or anyother rl stuff.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

Could not load the game, seen threads on the official forums with peeps having the same issues. Gave up.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by Kyleran

I guess I did everything the game had to offer when I left just before BC went live 4 years ago and despite all of their content adds, its really either more of the same or content I wasn't interested in.

I prefer MMO's that are virtual worlds to ones that are designed to rush people through them to the "end game".

Beautiful, eloquent, precise.  Yup, that about says it all for me, except I played a lot longer than you did, all through WotLK. I guess I'm a slow learner.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• biplexbiplex Member Posts: 268

What keeps your from going back to WoW?
    -nothing.

I just reactivated and i'm happy with that.
    Addition of the Dungeon Finder and getting rif of different tokens replaced by Justice Point mad it playable for me again.

When i had like 2 hours a day to play, usually most of that time took looking for group. When the group was finally found it was so late i had to log in many cases. Now i spend no more than 10 minutes (usualy less) in the queue. And i'm able to run 3-4 heroics in that time.

http://www.teraonline.info.pl Polski Poradnik Gry Tera Online

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

what keeps me away from subs-games like wow is that im unemployed right now, tho all the experience i have from WoW was from private servers, i quit it coz is not the same as the official. yesterday i bought the vanilla plus TBC plus WOTLK from the black friday offer, im not planning to get a sub till i get a friggin job, but i just couldnt let that black friday offer pass, i wanna try cata. until GW2 comes out

• goblagobla Member UncommonPosts: 1,412

For me it's the fact that WoW seems to have turned more and more into a sort of satire of a fantasy world. To be certain it's a joke of a fantasy world.

Haven't played in years but from what I hear there are now motercycles, laser rifles and who knows what else?

To me that sounds like a world that's lost all coherence of lore. A game where the background is constantly changed to allow for more and more superficial stuff.

Players want motercycles? Hey you know what? The goblin engineer Elbert Ainstein just invented one! Players want lasers? The gnome scientist Tikola Nesla just made a laser rifle!

I can't take a game seriously that doesn't seem to take itself seriously.

And before the "why so serious?" I enjoy serious games.

We are the bunny.
    Resistance is futile.
    ''/\/\'''''/\/\''''''/\/\
    ( o.o) ( o.o) ( o.o)
    (")("),,(")("),(")(")

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by gobla

For me it's the fact that WoW seems to have turned more and more into a sort of satire of a fantasy world. To be certain it's a joke of a fantasy world.

Haven't played in years but from what I hear there are now motercycles, laser rifles and who knows what else?

To me that sounds like a world that's lost all coherence of lore. A game where the background is constantly changed to allow for more and more superficial stuff.

Players want motercycles? Hey you know what? The goblin engineer Elbert Ainstein just invented one! Players want lasers? The gnome scientist Tikola Nesla just made a laser rifle!

i kinda agree... it is great when devs listen to the players for suggestions, but blizzaard listened too much.... some of the stuff like the motorcycles and laser rifles and whatever else is there, dont fit in the type of fantasy WoW was based on (i say "was" coz it already changed and not precisely for good)... i guess blizzy listened to the wrong players that time, maybe if all that is gone with the destruction of cataclysm the game with be better again like it once was

• bandontcarebandontcare Member Posts: 72

I really don't have time to play WoW. What with feeding WoW haters on mmorpg.com :D

Originally posted by gobla

Why so serious? :D 

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

I did quit two months after the realse of the first expansion. I already knew or had the feeling that the game will go down the drain, at least the parts i did like before. 

- removing  of world pvp (remember 200+ player battles)

- new content after you really had to work a lot on your gear before

- Interesting parts of the Battlegrounds got removed i.e. Alterac Valley (Alterac battles did happen for fun and competition to win the game and not for stupid points or whatever)

- constant manipulations (tweaks) of classes

- greed for gear and that the game is more and more based on it

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Really the only thing that keeps me from going back is my first time there was a total waste of time.  I played til after the battle.net account switch.  About .005 seconds after they made the switch I got about 92349587349 e-mails spam in my e-mail about my account being hacked, from (i guess a fake blizzard gm email) emails with domains like blizzards.com, worldofwarcrafft.com, etc.  I tried to get my account back.  Talked to blizzard for about a month.  They actually were able to get my account back to me.  I logged in and all 8 of my level 80s and numerous characters lower than that were stripped naked.  I asked blizzard what happened, they said there wasn't anything they could do.  I got more and more fake emails, I tried to log in about an hour later after talking to the gm.  The password was changed.  I got my account back, but all my characters were deleted. not even my level 10 warrior I was restarting was there.  Anyways,  I actually had to talk to hotmail.com and msn.com and got them to block out anything that resembles blizzard or wow or world of warcraft, etc.  (I filled up my blocked list with all the e-mails.  that worked for about a month.  I can log into my e-mail right now, and I can guarantee at least 500 junk emails. all from blizzard fakes.

I wish I could sue blizzard for failure to keep thier end of the privacy agreement (but thanks to the agreement you can't sue them).  They did not keep my information secret.  It seems like every goldseller and hacker in china knows my e-mail, credit card, and address.  Luckily I look at my CC statements, and the credit card company got rid of all the charges and reissued a new account.

Years of my time playing, down the drain.  My e-mail I've had for the last 20 or so years, down the drain. My credit card with over $6000 of fraudulent charges, down the drain.  Need I say more?

The switching to battle.net accounts is the dumbest move by any MMO in history...I'm not the only one that had these problems.  Several of my friends got hit too.

• Bowser82Bowser82 Member Posts: 18

A lot of people probably can relate or will relate to:

/afk - The Movie

http://www.youtube.com/user/AFKthemovie#p/u/0/LlpEOaLyx1s

:)

Seriously, if you're really that addicted... Delete everything on your characters, delete your characters, attach a authenticator to your account, change your email for your account to something bizar like [email protected] with a similar bizar password, trow away your authenticator and trow away your cd key and trow away the piece of paper with the email info written on it.

If you still come back to WoW after that, even though its not good for you since you're addicted, well... seek proffesional help.

There's more fun stuff to do than WoW imo, even better games!

"You don't have much choice when trouble's riding your back so tight it makes the leather squeak. Sometimes you outsmart it, sometimes you outfight it, and sometimes you just have to outrun it... full throttle."

• yakpityakpit Member Posts: 13

So it looks like many of you refuse to play WoW because:

1. community, lots of kids

2. nerfs to your class

3. expansion made all your hard work irrelevant

4. WoW is not the same as your favorite MMO was back in the day

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by Bowser82

A lot of people probably can relate or will relate to:

/afk - The Movie

http://www.youtube.com/user/AFKthemovie#p/u/0/LlpEOaLyx1s

:)

Seriously, if you're really that addicted... Delete everything on your characters, delete your characters, attach a authenticator to your account, change your email for your account to something bizar like [email protected] with a similar bizar password, trow away your authenticator and trow away your cd key and trow away the piece of paper with the email info written on it.

If you still come back to WoW after that, even though its not good for you since you're addicted, well... seek proffesional help.

There's more fun stuff to do than WoW imo, even better games!

i think part of the problem is, that although there are other things to do that are more fun than WoW, that doesnt really include other games, we've yet to see another game come on the market that has the same fun factor and mass appeal as WoW does, still, any kind of addiction is unhealthy.. and a bit of outdoor exercise never did anyone any harm..image

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Doing the same stuff over and over. The gradual replacement of content with achievements.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

Originally posted by Gravarg

Really the only thing that keeps me from going back is my first time there was a total waste of time.  I played til after the battle.net account switch.  About .005 seconds after they made the switch I got about 92349587349 e-mails spam in my e-mail about my account being hacked, from (i guess a fake blizzard gm email) emails with domains like blizzards.com, worldofwarcrafft.com, etc.  I tried to get my account back.  Talked to blizzard for about a month.  They actually were able to get my account back to me.  I logged in and all 8 of my level 80s and numerous characters lower than that were stripped naked.  I asked blizzard what happened, they said there wasn't anything they could do.  I got more and more fake emails, I tried to log in about an hour later after talking to the gm.  The password was changed.  I got my account back, but all my characters were deleted. not even my level 10 warrior I was restarting was there.  Anyways,  I actually had to talk to hotmail.com and msn.com and got them to block out anything that resembles blizzard or wow or world of warcraft, etc.  (I filled up my blocked list with all the e-mails.  that worked for about a month.  I can log into my e-mail right now, and I can guarantee at least 500 junk emails. all from blizzard fakes.

I wish I could sue blizzard for failure to keep thier end of the privacy agreement (but thanks to the agreement you can't sue them).  They did not keep my information secret.  It seems like every goldseller and hacker in china knows my e-mail, credit card, and address.  Luckily I look at my CC statements, and the credit card company got rid of all the charges and reissued a new account.

Years of my time playing, down the drain.  My e-mail I've had for the last 20 or so years, down the drain. My credit card with over $6000 of fraudulent charges, down the drain.  Need I say more?

The switching to battle.net accounts is the dumbest move by any MMO in history...I'm not the only one that had these problems.  Several of my friends got hit too.

Odds are good all of that information was stolen directly from your PC from a keylogger that got into your system and not the result of Blizzard's system being hacked.  Same thing goes for your friends, in fact you probably spread the logger between you which is why you all were impacted.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon