Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Resubbed tonight, but already canceled again.

GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Before anyone wigs out, the game just isn't for me. I really want to like it but it's just to slow paced. I've come back off and on because the game is pretty good overall it's just missing that fun factor for me unfortunately. I like a bit more action than what FE offers. 

And again don't take this as me bashing the game. I hold it in the same regard as I do EvE. Good overall game, just not for me. 

Comments

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

So what made you think that this time you would like the game when you so strongly dont?

Was it just boredom?

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by Hokie

So what made you think that this time you would like the game when you so strongly dont?

Was it just boredom?

Meh, yeah I guess I'd have to go with boredom. Heard about a lot of changes to the game and figured I'd check things out. I like playing fantasy MMO's with my wife, daughter and son, but I guess I'm still looking for that MMO for the late hours when I'm the only one up. One where I can just blow shit up and kill crap lol. 

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Yeah, I kinda suffer from the same thing.

I resubbed WoW just for the fact it has lots of mini-games, crafting, fishing, cooking, BG's. And theres still places I havent explored, or quested in.

If you like f'n stuff up, as in people, you may want to try WAR if you havent already. The pvp is pretty fun, actually its hella fun. And if you pick the right server its sort of active even late at night (westcoast time).

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• ExploriumExplorium Member Posts: 395

[Mod Edit]

And as for FE...I LOVE the setting. But for me, the economy is so lame. Every single item you can craft (at least from what I saw in the first zones), you can buy off merchants...so lame. Maybe people like that or don't care, but that did it for me.

Check out my nature/animal/relaxing music channel on Youtube!

My game channel on Youtube!
    http://www.youtube.com/vendayn

• choujiofkonochoujiofkono Member Posts: 852

Originally posted by lathaan

Originally posted by randomt

The hundreds thousand dollar question: Why do you think we need to know about it?

thank you :)

Since I haven't played in a while, I was interested. 

I found the game to be very immersive when I played but the wonky controls and the other goofiness kind of kills it after a while.  I also agree that the crafting while pretty cool in theory is less cool in practice when you can buy stuff cheaper than the cost of finding all the stuff and making it.  Add to that the fact that the different factions aren't really useful or that "different" and you have yourself a host of issues that cause a lot of frustration while in the game.  I found the game at the time to be pretty close to SWG in comparison.  Considering the age of SWG I don't know if you can call that a good thing.  I was hoping they would make some changes and refine the gameplay since I played and so I tuned in to see what  people had to say about it.  Personally I would rate the game as average but there is certainly a lot of room for improvement. 

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
    "The worst part of censorship is ------------------"

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

If you still have time on that sub you might like to keep your eyes peeled for the combat patch that's upcoming. No idea when it'll hit live, but it does speed things up a bit, combat-wise. Also makes things a wee bit more challenging which may or may not be to your liking.

As to the crafting thing, you won't really see much from the economy til you hit level cap (you can make money levelling up selling ammo and stuff that everyone needs though). The thing about FE is that while everyone can (notionally) craft everything, very few people actually max out all skill lines and learn all recipes. That means that there are things (high level consumables, high level armour etc) that will constantly sell well, but again, taking time to do all of that does...well...take time.  And mats, the scavenging of which also takes .... time (dammit!).

I feel terrible saying this, because I love FE, but if the pace feels too slow for you then that's possibly because it is slow (despite the recent increases in levelling speed). I happen to be one of those weirdos that embraced the slower pace (took me just over a year to hit cap) so while I like the slower speed, I can sympathize at least with someone who wishes it would all just go a bit faster.

It does get a bit more hectic later on, but I always feel bad about telling someone who isn't having fun to "hang on in there, it'll get better", so I won't do that to you.

Hope you've got another game lined up that will keep you happy for the next while.

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

I've been playing with the idea of resubbing again myself, since it looks like they have been adressing a number of issues that lead to my departure for the game. I would be playing again already if it weren't for the AP quest grind, which is honestly the final straw that drove me away from the game.

Otherwise the game was refrashing and enjoyable, which is a shame because it seems to be a lot of little things that ruined the potential of the game.

• KellsKells Member Posts: 65

I enjoyed Fallen Earth for 6 months. I liked figuring out my build ahead of time then working on leveling and AP quests to reach that build. The system is a bit buggy as I actually gained 12 AP when I used my respec injector.... something to do with giving me credit for doing mutation quests back when I did a faction flip. Can't say I understand why the system did that, but I used the extra AP to get back DASH2, which was fun.

I could have hung around longer and waited for the "Combat Upgrade", which, by the way, is a horrible name for a patch as it recalls the days when PreCU Star Wars Galaxies was nerfed so badly. As I like to solo, melee, I didn't want to hang around and see how badly my character is going to be nerfed with the next patch. LOL. Besides, I ran through all the content, didn't really want to level up crafting, and didn't want to do the PvP which didn't seem much fun (to me at least). PvP might get better with future patches. I don't mean in terms of balancing, people will always bitch about "The Balance", but I mean in terms of a reason to PvP and how it effects the game world, strategically.

It was a fun ride for 6 months. If I joined a guild, I might have found a reason to stick around longer. Finding a Pick Up group for group quests without a clan is not easy in that game at the higher sectors. I did manage to solo all the group quests as a melee, crafter, medic hybrid except for El Cadejo and the Redstone Instance based out of Quarantine quest line. Soloing the group-based instances will change with the next combat patch.

What could have made me stay? Player housing in the real game world with some sandbox tools to make it fun and draw other players. Better instances with more depth as the ones in FE are pretty shallow with repetitive artistic styling. Who knows, the devs are pretty responsive, some sandbox features might be added. Right now, though, it is a pretty cool quest-driven mmo and the player base, Game Masters, and volunteer helpers (Hazmats) are friendly and helpful.

Kells

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Honestly FE is my favorite PvE Game.. But until factions are more cement & pvp is more faction and world based i will not sub.. A p2p MMO needs to have decent pvp for me to actually get into it.. Don't get me wrong, FE's PvE kept me interested for 3 months, but eventually i had to start going to other MMO's to get my PvP fix which just lead me to canceling FE..

I really love this game tho and will always support it.. When those minor fixes and a major pvp revamp is made then they can defiantly count me on comeing back.

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• kobietrumankobietruman Member Posts: 105

Originally posted by Explorium

[Mod Edit]

And as for FE...I LOVE the setting. But for me, the economy is so lame. Every single item you can craft (at least from what I saw in the first zones), you can buy off merchants...so lame. Maybe people like that or don't care, but that did it for me.

yes, it started out well but as the game has progressed crafters have become less and less important (well, nearly pointless actually)

all hail the PVP game!

• sanskritsanskrit Member UncommonPosts: 95

Just resubbed after a six month absence to see what had changed. Sad to say this game is DOA. The ingame places that were busy 24-7 like Embry and Trader's Flat are dead empty now. Far fewer players than I remember being in Tabula Rasa when it closed. Seems like it's really difficult for a scifi character based game to get a hold in MMO land.

• comerbcomerb Member UncommonPosts: 944

Originally posted by sanskrit

Just resubbed after a six month absence to see what had changed. Sad to say this game is DOA. The ingame places that were busy 24-7 like Embry and Trader's Flat are dead empty now. Far fewer players than I remember being in Tabula Rasa when it closed. Seems like it's really difficult for a scifi character based game to get a hold in MMO land.

Has nothing to do with the setting. 

• k0rr1bank0rr1ban Member Posts: 17

Everyone is waiting for Fallout Online. I can't say I blame them. I waited on FE for years and years.. even back when they had the beta with the old ass graphics engine, I tested it back then and had really high ass hopes for this game. I really REALLY loved the homepage for it back then with the slogan dead across the front, "This isn't your mom's MMO." The company didn't do the best job at capturing the feel they had intended from the original ideas after securing the new engine.

I guess that is pretty common on games nowadays with costs being as high as they are and deadlines having to be met. I do feel like they did a great job with what they had to work with, and the game isn't complete crap by any means. I just hoped for something a little different than what it evolved into, which is why I stopped playing. I don't have a bitter taste in my mouth from the experience but a few things could have made it just a little sweeter is all.

Perhaps Fallout Online will sate my thirst for post-apoc persistant world MMO shooters, but only time will tell.

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

Just resubbed after a six month absence to see what had changed. Sad to say this game is DOA. The ingame places that were bu24-7 like Embry and Trader's Flat are dead empty now. Far fewer players than I remember being in Tabula

I have no problem finding people and plenty I have played on and off since beta and today there as tons of players  on , each Sector had lots of people... I also play late nights and have no problem seeing tons of people...   You have always bashed this game, I dunno why you bother if you hate it so much..