Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Holy frieking questing galore!

MogcatMogcat Member UncommonPosts: 193

The new quests I can not begin to describe to you people how awsome they are. I started a new undead hunter and set off in a land I did on my main many many many moons ago. I did not expect this.

If blizzards survey of that 90% of most people who play a MMO are either tied over in the first hour or leave then they have in my humble opinion will get that 90%. I wont give away any spoilers but in the first 10mins youve met many various character, a mystery is abound, took part in a battle and tamed a murloc as a pet for an entrepeneur. The flow is fantasic now. Before I hated doing the first 10 or so levels because it was really slow and you were running around doing things that were ok but overall in the excitement factor and gameplay it was dull. Not a second was boring this time round. The tirisfal area is just so fun your doing interesting things with your fellow forsaken, watching huge plauge machines spew ooze the town is fun to explore unlike the old one which looked unimpressive, burnt down shacks. The newbie starting experience is also much improved on with a few quest making you go out and practice your skills on dumbies in town one to make sure you unterstand how they work.

So after I finnished Tirisfal I went to Silverpine and it just continued. I saw this huge caravan full of graves being pulled by some massive giant and you could jump on and ride it if you were quick enough, which I luckily was ;). The whole road and are has been taken over by the forsaken your just looking around in berwilderment at all this coolness. Then I witnessed the vrykul Agtha who raised me from the dead a few hours ago do the same as a demonstration to the warchief. Awsome quest.

I just cant belive how much blizzard has improved on their storytelling. Whether your a hater or not the transition is just incredible and any new players are just going to be drawn into this there is no doubt about it. If you have a similar experience and want to discuss it please share :).

Comments

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

now that sounds nice ... maybe i should dl the trial :P

• kirak2009kirak2009 Member UncommonPosts: 543

Sounds fun,  will be checking out the newness  this weekend  thanks for the info

"All expectation leads to suffering" Buhhda

• ParadoxyParadoxy Member Posts: 786

Blizzard proves again why WOW is king of MMOS. They really know how to make game fun. I never had so much fun questing in years.

Who could have thought that WOW could bring super power like USA to its knees?

Originally posted by Arcken

To put it in a nutshell, our society is about to hit the fan, grades are dropping, obesity is going up,childhood the USA is going to lose its super power status before too long, but hey, as long as we have a cheap method to babysit our kids, all will be well no?
    Im picking on WoW btw because its the beast that made all of this possible

• MogcatMogcat Member UncommonPosts: 193

This may be a bit un-quest related but they have added and mixed around the music in different areas it just it much more bearable to listen to and helps the questing then the previous moans and wails thing of the undead music. Its still there in some areas but you wont be listening to it for a whole zone.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    I'm glad you guys are enjoying yourselves. Both my brother and wife decided to start over on a different server and have been ranting and raving about the changes. I even promised my wife I would give the new trial a run once I get my lotro character to level cap. It's nice to know there's another good quest based mmo out besides Lotro.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• thanoskkkthanoskkk Member UncommonPosts: 230

Gonna check the new quests myself tonight. Sounds delicious ;)

He that lives upon Hope dies farting.

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

yeah i also plan on starting over on a new (old) server, use to play on stormrage, it got over populated, offered free transfers, my guild wasn't going to at first then seemed like the ques got longer and longer even after the transfers off started and then the server started crashing everyday so seemed like we had no choice. got to area 52 and its like 90% horde wich sucked for leveling alts on alliance side for when you wanted to buy something from the auction house. so i'll be rerolling back on my old server to see all the new changes, i saw that the gnomes start off in gnomeregan now, will have to give them a go even tho i could never get into the race before.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Originally posted by Arnstrong

[mod edit]

Three things, Lotro is fun for me and I've been playing longer than that. I wouldn't play either of those games for pvp lol. And finally, I have no fucking idea what your talking about with your "statements" line... I have fun in the games I play...

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928

I'm thinking of re-subbing soon.  This sounds too good to be true, but then not. I think blizzard is able to do all these things because they have SOOOOO much money, it's only a matter of time before they revamp the game completely. People keep talking about a WoW killer, there is no such thing, I've come to this conclusion. 

• elistrangeelistrange Member Posts: 157

I am also very impressed. The new look to org, and the rest of Azeroth is wicked. I couldn't decided which to do first, try out a Troll druid or a undead hunter...so I did both. Plus, I plan on leveling a goblin. I am not even concerned right now about raiding. And of course I will have to try out all the new content with my 80s. So, I will be busy.

Currently Play: ?
    Occasionally Play: Champions, Pirates of the Burning Sea, WOW, EVE ONLINE

• groosomegroosome Member Posts: 8

I have to agree with the Op. I've been "Roaming" the lower level areas on my 80... more looking at the changes to the landscape, but have stumbled across some nice low level quests that made me laugh.

One of the first was a fun quest called Welcome to the Machine, where you actualy become a Quest Giver... yep    !    Mark above your head  and everything.

Its fun to note your first customer is a toon called Dumass. Yes that name is pronounced the way it reads.. as I said very funny quest..

Than very close is another chain of quests that is actualy a mini game within WoW... great stuff... and the reward includes a Singing Sunflower pet.

Great job Blizzard, I hope things continue this way with the full cataclysm release.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

IMO WoW was always fun, even more if you had friends, the end is what kills it for me =/

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

Wont be doing any of the quests till the new races are out. Hurry December 7th

• RaztorRaztor Member Posts: 670

Just did the 3 quests in Badlands, with the gnome, dwarf and orc describing what happened when Deathwing flew over them. That has to be one of the funniest quests I ever done. Pretty awesome.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Looks like I will be going back to WOW for the third time now.  I thought I was done with WOW but I'm intrigued.

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Originally posted by Entropy14

Wont be doing any of the quests till the new races are out. Hurry December 7th

Why not? The two new races start in there own areas and are not connected to the other starter zones. I have only tried the gnome race for this new update, They took over Gnomergan and the New Tinker Town is fun. 

• AmarandesAmarandes Member Posts: 104

Originally posted by Mogcat

The new quests I can not begin to describe to you people how awsome they are. I started a new undead hunter and set off in a land I did on my main many many many moons ago. I did not expect this.

If blizzards survey of that 90% of most people who play a MMO are either tied over in the first hour or leave then they have in my humble opinion will get that 90%. I wont give away any spoilers but in the first 10mins youve met many various character, a mystery is abound, took part in a battle and tamed a murloc as a pet for an entrepeneur. The flow is fantasic now. Before I hated doing the first 10 or so levels because it was really slow and you were running around doing things that were ok but overall in the excitement factor and gameplay it was dull. Not a second was boring this time round. The tirisfal area is just so fun your doing interesting things with your fellow forsaken, watching huge plauge machines spew ooze the town is fun to explore unlike the old one which looked unimpressive, burnt down shacks. The newbie starting experience is also much improved on with a few quest making you go out and practice your skills on dumbies in town one to make sure you unterstand how they work.

So after I finnished Tirisfal I went to Silverpine and it just continued. I saw this huge caravan full of graves being pulled by some massive giant and you could jump on and ride it if you were quick enough, which I luckily was ;). The whole road and are has been taken over by the forsaken your just looking around in berwilderment at all this coolness. Then I witnessed the vrykul Agtha who raised me from the dead a few hours ago do the same as a demonstration to the warchief. Awsome quest.

I just cant belive how much blizzard has improved on their storytelling. Whether your a hater or not the transition is just incredible and any new players are just going to be drawn into this there is no doubt about it. If you have a similar experience and want to discuss it please share :).

This is exactly what I'm been advocating on this site since day one. Its a shame that some people cannot appreciate some of these fantastic work done by Blizzard.

• Zookz1Zookz1 Member Posts: 629

The game is awesome right now. It's like stepping into Azeroth for the first time all over again.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Originally posted by Amarandes

Originally posted by Mogcat

This is exactly what I'm been advocating on this site since day one. Its a shame that some people cannot appreciate some of these fantastic work done by Blizzard.

Not a hater by any means, but is the end game still running the same dungeons over and over again? Or is there some variety. I got so sick of log in get my daily done log out. As I said no hater just curious, because I would like to experience this as well.

• AgartAgart Member UncommonPosts: 82

I'm currently questing in Eastern Plaguelands now (changed from level 55-60 to 40-45) and i gotta say it's a LOT better now. I traveled a bit to see how the zones changed and it's like playing a new game! I ran the new Scholomance too yesterday, it was awesome. I've been bored of Wow for a while and never planned to come back but now i must admit that Blizzard did a great job with the zones changes and the new leveling experience.

If your in EPL then check out Fionas caravn quest. Such awsome characters amd fun!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

The OP's post was amazing and proves what man yhave said before.

I trust the OP's sincerity,but in every aspect he points out how bad the old Wow was and yet why was he playing?Now he is telling us that this NEW Cata is awesome,can we believe it since he was probably sayign the same about the old Wow and now is telling us the old wow was dull/drab basically not worth playing,yet he did play that boring dull crap.

quotes...

Before I hated doing the first 10 or so levels because it was really slow and you were running around doing things that were ok but overall in the excitement factor and gameplay it was dull

the old one which looked unimpressive, burnt down shacks.

This new version of Wow may very well be decent,but this doesn't explain why you gusy were playing the old Wow to begin with?It has been 6 years and a ton of support and money,i think even McQuaid/Sigil could have performed miracles with that kind of support.

I just hope you guys that lovethe NEW WOW are thanking yourselves NOT Blizzard because withotu the fanbois this game didn't deserve,it would have never come to this,so thank yourselves first and ONLY.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by Wizardry

The OP's post was amazing and proves what man yhave said before.

I trust the OP's sincerity,but in every aspect he points out how bad the old Wow was and yet why was he playing?Now he is telling us that this NEW Cata is awesome,can we believe it since he was probably sayign the same about the old Wow and now is telling us the old wow was dull/drab basically not worth playing,yet he did play that boring dull crap.

quotes...

Before I hated doing the first 10 or so levels because it was really slow and you were running around doing things that were ok but overall in the excitement factor and gameplay it was dull

the old one which looked unimpressive, burnt down shacks.

This new version of Wow may very well be decent,but this doesn't explain why you gusy were playing the old Wow to begin with?It has been 6 years and a ton of support and money,i think even McQuaid/Sigil could have performed miracles with that kind of support.

I just hope you guys that lovethe NEW WOW are thanking yourselves NOT Blizzard because withotu the fanbois this game didn't deserve,it would have never come to this,so thank yourselves first and ONLY.

Oh we were all playing it because Wrath of the Lich King eleviated quests to this level. These new quests and ones in cata zones are taking the Wrath quests then putting them upto the next level. Only the old world quests were bad. In fact if you played the old 1-60 you would notice the improvement when you went throught the dark portal then the HUGE leap when you went to Northrend, thats how good Wrath quests are. Any who quested a lot would agree they enjoyed or looked forward to leveling a toon in Northrend because of the quality and advancements. It was a state of mind of, ugh lets get through 1-60 so we can get to outland and northrend. Now that 1-60 is even arguably better then Northrend. Outland and Northrend were still and still are enjoyable to quest in imo, I have the loremaster for both, so now the game is much MUCH more enjoyable with no 'bumpy' spots in it from start to finnish.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

@wizardry

Good thing that wow has had 12 million fanbois to support it for the last 6 years so that it could finally get good, right?

I love your proof and your views. 

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063

I'm not that impressed to be honest. It's been over 6 months since I last played, so I decided to download the trial and create a Human Paladin. The starter (1-5) area was changed mostly, but Goldshire and Elwynn Forest is the same so far. I finished up the starter area by level 5, as usual, and I'm now level 7. The quests from Goldshire are the same ones from before the lands shattered. The terrain looks the same. Maybe they gave the undead area more love, but the Human area is lacking so far. Oh, and Stormwind doesn't look changed either. The two parapets that the dragon landed on in the video is changed, but nothing else looks different in the AH area or Old Town.

One more thing. The loot for doing the quests in Goldshire and Elwynn Forest are different so far. Every quest has earned me a piece of armor, which looks nice and matches the rest of the armor quest reward items. I do enjoy that.