Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Final Experience In MO

AjmagsAjmags Member UncommonPosts: 63

A friend and I decided to check out the game yesterday to see all the new stuff over recent weeks ( did not re sub a few guildies re subbed my toon a few weeks ago to get all the Steel i had in my bank). First thing I did was kill a few people and go red. While I was doing this the game was freaking out a bit , when I walked up to people harvesting trees or rocks they would speed up to ridiculous speeds like they were hitting the resource 10 times a second. It was almost as if the server was trying to catch up, it was laggy as hell as well. I have a top notch system so I know thats not the problem since I run every game I play pretty much flawlessly.

After killing a few people we decided to go get a horse. They are all running around about what seemd to be super speed basicly just freaking out. But my friend was able to tame one. We were on Ventrilo and I kept asking my friend why was he runing off ? He said Im not running Im just standing right in front of you. But I saw him run off at about 100 mph a few times. The De Sync was horrible since he kept dissapearing.

We went back to Fabernum and I was red at the time and 2 guys come up to us.... One a mage one just in armor and he seemed to have no weapon equipt. Next thing I know  I get hit with a mind blast that took away half my Hitpoints ??? But It did not register a number in my chat. Then my friend healed me for 56 and bamm I was dead ? The guy with no weapon walked up to me and hit me for 100 through my plate scale chest and killed me. So 170 Hitpoints gone in 2 hits with a 56 heal in the middle ??

This is either cheats or the game is once again seriously broken. Could be a mix of both since Ive seen that in the past as well.

I wanted the game to be fun, and it was for a few minutes, until the thing that caused my entire guild to leave the game reared its ugly head. Since I have not played in a while and the weapon the guy hit me with was invisible I have no idea what I was getting hit with and since the Mage who mindblasted me had to hit be for a ridiculous amount as well I saw no point in bothering to ever log into this game again.

Heres my assessment and what I found

1. De Sync is horrible

2. Weapons still broken

3. Magic Still broken Still no new classes . Has anyone seen a high fantasy MMO launch with one mage class with ridiculous spells thats still broke 6 months after release ? 

4. FPS lag still bad when just a few people get on your screen.

5. The whole time we were on which was about 1 hour we saw about 6 to 8 people from the meduli area to fabernum and did not run into one single person in the wilderness.

6. Bugs Broken Mechanics still are in game. I didnt try swimming because I didnt want to drown so no idea if thats still broke way back from The beginning of closed beta.

7. The graphics look ok but the game still looks very bland and dull. Compared to another real life looking game AOC it looks like a huge brown and green mess.

8. Pigs were flying through the air (as usual) They were on roofs and they wer underground. The Horses were doing the same. Gazelles would dissapear before your eyes and also fly and go underground at times.

Comments

• LeagolxLeagolx Member Posts: 222

personally I know these game are mostly broken darkfall mortal ect. but i really wish that theyd release a strickly pve one because i think its the pvp that breaks most of these games. I feel they spend to much time trying to balance pvp (which they epicly fail at) so their games end up broken in all aspects. I think they could follow a similar path with what mount and blade has done (not an mmo and i know) with their multiplayer and have some sort of pve battles which are huge. Thats just my thoughts though. Thanks for reading them.

If your going to ban the trolls please for our sake ban the Fan Boys too.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

i disagree with above post. it's not the fact that they are full loot pvp games that turns people off. in DF is the endless stat progression that kills most new players which has them feel like they will never truly catch up, and in MO it's the endless technical buggs that completely kill the game.

full loot full pvp games can work just fine. wile they may not ever become hugely popular they will always have a good following as long as they are balanced, fair and work flawlessly (or almost).

• AjmagsAjmags Member UncommonPosts: 63

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

i disagree with above post. it's not the fact that they are full loot pvp games that turns people off. in DF is the endless stat progression that kills most new players which has them feel like they will never truly catch up, and in MO it's the endless technical buggs that completely kill the game.

full loot full pvp games can work just fine. wile they may not ever become hugely popular they will always have a good following as long as they are balanced, fair and work flawlessly (or almost).

Full loot PVP games are not the hardcore games they are cut out to be. First of all the amount of armor items and weapons that can be aquired is very limited in styles and very highly numbered in quantity. if someone dies and gets their armor looted its really not a big deal nor is it a large death penalty. What these games turn out to be in essence are glorified First person Shooters and the items you usually pick up in those types of games in numerous amounts adds up to the same principal in MO and games like it.

Now if games like MO had Major PVE content with rare drop items that players really had to work for to achieve THEN I would say there is the possibility for a hardcore type element but PVE in games like MO is NON EXISTENT as are Potential RARE DROPS or even Items that players would have to work very hard to achieve.

For instance if you were playing a game like Everquest and were the first guild to kill the Avatar of War and YOU looted a Blade of Carnage (like back in the old days) Odds are your guild and your character spent ALOT of time building up to be able to kill that Mob. That blade would be very sought after and there would be very few on the server if any at all. Losing that little gem in a PVP battle would hurt and hurt bad thats PVP thats Hardcore that has a meaning when it comes to death. Not to mention all the other rare type items you may be carrying.

The only times I really got mad in games like MO and Darkfall was when I died to Apparent cheaters. Im a competitive person and my guild was pretty high profile in MO so dying to cheats was very annoying. That being said The Death penalty in Everquest was much more meaningful and made me want to play smarter and avoid it at all costs.

This simply was not the case in MO since if your in a guild you have an infinite amount of armor to fall back on. So tell me whats the hardcore about dying in a game like MO ? Actully whats hardcore about the game at all ?? I can build a character in the game in less than a day.

I made posts on the MO forums asking for a real death penalty that would compound with the more deaths you have and the more deaths you deal out as murders. I didnt want it to get to the point of Perma Death but close too it. That would IMHO help with all the mindless killing PVP games seem to attract. It does not promote realism when players only play a game to just run around and kill everything that moves with no real purpose as to why they are doing it. That hurts games Like MO as well because you lose an entire aspect of the MMO community which would help create a real community rather than a PVP FPS Shoot fest with no Penalty for doing things that really make no sense in a living breathing world.

MO should not be listed as an MMO its a glorified FPS thats got some serious problems. Hardcore it is not.

• BuniontToesBuniontToes Member Posts: 529

Originally posted by Leagolx

personally I know these game are mostly broken darkfall mortal ect. but i really wish that theyd release a strickly pve one because i think its the pvp that breaks most of these games. I feel they spend to much time trying to balance pvp (which they epicly fail at) so their games end up broken in all aspects. I think they could follow a similar path with what mount and blade has done (not an mmo and i know) with their multiplayer and have some sort of pve battles which are huge. Thats just my thoughts though. Thanks for reading them.

This is an MO issue related to an inexperienced development team.  You could see the inexperience from a mile away.

• Messed up development priorities

• Ignoring technologoical limitations

• Relying on 3rd party Ip to reduce risk (it doesn't)

• Obvious Lack of QA

• Rlease of the game VERY shortly after a newly integration egine release (back to QA)

DFO is a far cry from MO.  MO released with a combat system which was a work in progress. DFO released with a complete game engine which requried minor balance tweks as the game moved on, not system re-writes.  I could go on but DFO is not the topic of the thread.

• xlite11xlite11 Member Posts: 5

great op op  thats how many of us have felt from the block A dying in sausage lake

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

MO will be a great game when the pigs fly.. oh wait...

• Originally posted by Toferio

Pigs already fly heheh its on youtube, gazeles also fly..horses also...

• ObiganObigan Member Posts: 68

Originally posted by dorianyates

Originally posted by Toferio

Pigs already fly heheh its on youtube, gazeles also fly..horses also...

thats why he said oh wait, he is being sarcastic :P