Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What major changes have happened with wow exp and the last year?

AngelboundAngelbound Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,437

It has been 2 years since I left not many in the wow forums here at mmorpg would answer and I cannot post at wow.co, and was wondering a few things including the title here.

Is the game any harder like actually having to play your class espically in groups?

How is pvp now any differant or changing in any important way?

Is blizzard still doing unnecesary nerfs to druids and other classes while buffing godlocks? Basicly rotating flavor of the month classes.

Is it still casual friendly? And I do not mean easy mode I mean casual but still challenging.

How many of you are mmorpg vets like from ac, eq1, and ao enjoy wow?

And last any major changes in mages, druids, and hunters?

Thanks allot all.

Comments

• xD0WNF4LLxxD0WNF4LLx Member Posts: 20

All of its changed really, and made me quit. I don't like what they've done with the game lately.

• pepsi1028pepsi1028 Member Posts: 471

Well, considering the new expansion coming out in december,  alot will be changed.  Personally, I have always had a love for WoW.  People just tend to move towards the "I hate WoW" wagon and use it as a scapegoat for all the lackluster games developers are making.

†Pepsi1028†

PEPSI!!!!!
    Get out of your box already...

• AngelboundAngelbound Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,437

I personally always thought wow was a good mmo in fact it is still the best right now in my opinion, but the easy I win button crap really dragged it down for me and attracted to many nonsense people into the game actually just caused to many bad attitudes if you ask me, there was no risk no real reward. But those 2 where really the only issues I ever seen in it.

I thought it was a mmo to appease to the massives which includes people who actually want a challenge when they play there classes.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

The gameplay is changed quite radically with patch 4.0.1, all classes have a lot of new abilities, and generally play better. Some reacting to procs instead of just mindlessly mashing button is now required if you want to play your class properly. Hunters now use focus instead of mana, druids have new eclipse mechanism (or maybe it was only for balance druids), hunters, druids and mages all have lot of new and changed abilities and talents.

PvP has new feature rated battlegrounds. At the moment people are mostly waiting Cataclysm (7.12), arena season has stopped and new won't begin for a while yet, not much happening at PvP. It should get more intresting after cataclysm release.

The game is now more casual friendly than ever before.

Difficulty has been way too much easy since patch 4.0.1. All classes were buffed, but mobs were not. At the same time I've heard betatesters complaining that some things in Cataclysm feel too hard. Blizzard decreased player damage for level 1-79 in latest patch (the one being deployed in EU at the time I'm writing this), so the situation is likely better now.

With all the changes done to classes, you'd better be prepared to a nerf-buff-rollercoaster in coming months.

That is good news on the not so easy button mashing I love that idea, I guess I can handle the changes as long as it is truly fair and makes sense. I sure hope the content gets more challenging, I really do not get the expansions though, the story, and is all the zones going to be changed forever? Do I have to have the expansions to play in them etc? I read somewhere hunter focus bar is causing problems in pvp, I loved pvp with my hunter since he was versatile.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Originally posted by Angelbound
    Is blizzard still doing unnecesary nerfs to druids and other classes while buffing godlocks?
    Warlocks copped a glorious nerf today, go read WoW forums if you want to savour the sweet taste of their tears.
  • ArnstrongArnstrong Member Posts: 281

If you left 2 years ago, the big changes are dual specs and in game gear changer and experience turn off/on mechanics. You can stay at level 60 forever and assemble Tier 1 gear for example.

Push 2 buttons and you are a DPS machine, tank or healer (depending on class of course).

Even pure DPS classes make use of the dual spec. Mostly for PVE - PVP sets.

Upcoming : weekly rated Battlegrounds with the old Vanilla PvP titles returning and a one zone RvR in Tol Barad.

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

Originally posted by Banquetto

Originally posted by Angelbound

Is blizzard still doing unnecesary nerfs to druids and other classes while buffing godlocks?

Warlocks copped a glorious nerf today, go read WoW forums if you want to savour the sweet taste of their tears.

I had a warlock main since vanilla wow and pretty much stopped playing the class during Wrath.  Its hard enough being a dps class among all the other dps'rs, but when you start losing your utility youre pretty much hosed.

Ive moved on to tanking, but only raid tanking.  I really hate pugging as a tank because god forbid you lose aggro from an OP mage who cant control his aggro and considers topping the dps meter = winning.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Originally posted by VooDoo_Papa
    I had a warlock main since vanilla wow and pretty much stopped playing the class during Wrath.  Its hard enough being a dps class among all the other dps'rs, but when you start losing your utility youre pretty much hosed.
    I know what you mean - I played rogue main all through 1.0 and TBC, eventually got fed up of being "just another DPS", switched to priest healer for WotLK and couldn't be happier. Unlike tanking, the worse the PUG, the more fun it is to heal. :)
  • KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921

What changed with wow was not the grouping, the leveling, the exp, the gear or what ever else.

The problem with wow was that they removed any pretense of community and belonging from the game, guilds are now transitory things and you will struggle to find many guilds where the core of their membership stays the same for a month now, never mind a year.

Wow was good when the guild was more than just a vehicle to get you gear.  If they can bring that back it will be good again, but aritificially trying to create politeness through rewards (such as the drake in a bag in occulus and the guild rep system) shows how dire the community for this game has become.

So let me get this straight, like eq2 its all about dps instead of cc/utility, and class roles are not even half as well defined as before? I read this stuff was changing but I do not know for sure, Id much rather play cox it sounds like. Any more info on this?

Ty.