Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Difference in clients (GB v. US)

mesmerisemesmerise Member UncommonPosts: 200

Hello all,

As vacation...err, holiday is almost upon me for university I will be getting back into gaming.  I purchased my second copy of Guild Wars, this time the three campaigns, over the summer (I first bought Prophecies in Autumn 2005) while in the U.S.  However, since September I am currently studying in the UK for a one year Masters.  I have noticed that amazon.co.uk has GW:EN for a much lower price than it is listed in the U.S.  Are there any differences in localisation or client that would prevent me from running GW:EN from a British retailer with my North American version of the trilogy?  I may stay in Europe for my PhD as well (you know the ol' "stay in school until the economy stabilizes but then be overqualified for all positions" strategy), could there be any problems with my N.A. account not being European as well?

Thanks for any and all help provided!

M

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

I think you are allowed to change the region 4 times in total. I have a euro client playing on the US since I am a vampire and sleep in the day.

Chamber of Chains
  • mesmerisemesmerise Member UncommonPosts: 200

Thanks for the response Cheyane!

It was actually your response on another topic that led me to see the differences in prices between the U.S. and Britain for Guild Wars products, so thank you for that!

I guess I better start the process of contacting NCSoft Support to get my account details again!  image

M