Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it wise to Buy SOM with TP now ?

i almost got the TP for SOM now but is it wise to buy it b4 the patch????

or should i save my TP for other things ?

Comments

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

You should wait till the christmas sales start rolling, unless you really need that content NOW.

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 759

From past experience: If you buy now......the price will go down next week. If you wait, it won't. The best bet is just to buy what you need when you need it and  keep your fingers crossed.

• maddie517maddie517 Member Posts: 5

should have got it a week or so ago when it was 1/2 price. a lot of my kin got it for like 996 tp

• wasim470wasim470 Member Posts: 243

it never did go half price in EU m8

• leojreimrocleojreimroc Member UncommonPosts: 371

There are changes coming to how the expansion will be sold in the next update.  I'm not certain about all the details, but they're dividing all the expansion into mini-purchases.  So you will be able to buy the mirkwood quest pack cheaper after the update, if all you want are the quests.  If you want the whole expansion, it may be cheaper now, I'm not certain, but it's something to consider.

Originally posted by leojreimroc

There are changes coming to how the expansion will be sold in the next update.  I'm not certain about all the details, but they're dividing all the expansion into mini-purchases.  So you will be able to buy the mirkwood quest pack cheaper after the update, if all you want are the quests.  If you want the whole expansion, it may be cheaper now, I'm not certain, but it's something to consider.

You will still be able to buy the whole expansion, buying the single parts is optional. And there will be a 50% off for expansions on EU, everything so far has been mirrored, most recently the 50TP LL change.

• ChaulsinNLChaulsinNL Member UncommonPosts: 182

Yeah, a week before they made it free, that was smart :p . What I would do is go to some stores RL, they may have it cheaper or in the budget bin.

• takayitakayi Member Posts: 158

Originally posted by Boompje

Yeah, a week before they made it free, that was smart :p . What I would do is go to some stores RL, they may have it cheaper or in the budget bin.

Too bad SoM isn't buyable as a box, it was released as a digital expansion, and it stays as a digital expansion.

• bandontcarebandontcare Member Posts: 72

Originally posted by Rocketeer

Originally posted by leojreimroc

You will still be able to buy the whole expansion, buying the single parts is optional. And there will be a 50% off for expansions on EU, everything so far has been mirrored, most recently the 50TP LL change.

This. I think the whole xpac will be a bit cheaper than buying the smaller pieces.

If you don't need it now, your best bet is to wait for the 50% discount in the EU. Although it may never come :P

• ChaulsinNLChaulsinNL Member UncommonPosts: 182

Originally posted by takayi

Originally posted by Boompje

Too bad SoM isn't buyable as a box, it was released as a digital expansion, and it stays as a digital expansion.

Ah ok, didn't know that. Was just about to go looking for it tomorrow. Just figured since MoM was a box SoM would be also. Thanks for the tip then, saves me some time looking :) .

• wasim470wasim470 Member Posts: 243

i hope the hole pack stays and not get removed from the store i like to have options

Only change afaik will be that Lothlorien will no longer be contained in the MoM xpac from the store. Only affects future purchases in the ingame store though, not past purchases or boxed versions. However, since the most cost efficent way is to buy a box of MoM anyway it shouldn't affect those who try to get good value for their money.