Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Lore behind Cataclysm, go read the book?

ErowErow Member Posts: 14

I guess that makes some kind of sense, doesn't it?  I mean, if even one tenth of the subscribers by it, that's a million seller.  That ain't bad pocket change at 8 bucks a pop, eh?  What do you think?

Comments

• chrislekochrisleko Member Posts: 200

Are you implying that the book is a scheme to make money?

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

If you buy the book now, do you face the issue of having to buy another book in six months because the book you bought is no longer relevant to what is going on?

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

I've read the book. There is nothing there that explains the Cataclysm other than vague notions. There is certainly nothing that gives any kind of motivation behind it.

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

Originally posted by Erow

I guess that makes some kind of sense, doesn't it?  I mean, if even one tenth of the subscribers by it, that's a million seller.  That ain't bad pocket change at 8 bucks a pop, eh?  What do you think?

The lore behind the Catclysm was played out pretty well ingame.   I don't know about you, but I don't want to sit 'in game' and read 300 pages of lore.   You really want every conversation from the books to be repeated in game?    I thought they actually did a good job of the whole issue of Thrall handing over leadership to Garrosh while he went to Outlands.