Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When can we expect an AION trial?

NateArcadeNateArcade Member UncommonPosts: 83

I've been very interested in playing Aion since it came out, but (as with most) I don't want to shell out caps for a product I haven't tried. Any ideas on NCSoft's current position on an Aion trial?

Comments

• gauge2k3gauge2k3 Member Posts: 442

They won't give a trial to a game no one will enjoy in the trial time.  The trial would have to give you enough time to get to cap.  Which is the only pvp that happens in aion.

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

I purchased Aion on day one and played for a month. I quit after that and now with the changes in 2.1 I'd love to give it another try, but I'm not about to spend $15 on the game and get burned (especially with Cataclysm coming up in 2 weeks.)

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • NateArcadeNateArcade Member UncommonPosts: 83

Originally posted by gauge2k3

They won't give a trial to a game no one will enjoy in the trial time.  The trial would have to give you enough time to get to cap.  Which is the only pvp that happens in aion.

Well, Darkfall and EvE have trials, and they take considerable time & effort to become competitive in. I wonder if NCSoft is simply content with their server populations and don't wish to entice new prospects?

• xK3runexK3rune Member Posts: 100

You should try and keep updated with other sites such as Alienware. They sent out trial keys to a lot of people just 2 days ago, I actually got on to try it again but really though, I don't care for reaching the lv7 trial cap. I want a reactivation trial of my old acct. before I see that 2.1 is different from launch.

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

I have found NCSoft support to be exceptional in that respect simply drop them a mail asking for a trial or a small reactivation trial (as my mother always says "Shy bairns get nowt")  A few months ago I was in 2 minds about returning so simply contacted NC asking if I could have a freebie weekend and sure enough they activated my account for that coming weekend.

If that fails then I've always Lance Stites Aion's producer to be a very approachable guy on FB and all producers should strive to be like him fun, friendly and actually knows his game like the back of his hand and will jump through hoops for his community.

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

Uhhh they have the refer a friend program. Anyone who plays can give a free trial to 4 people.  Go to Aionsource, they a place where people can ask for trial keys.