Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avoid this game.

12345679»

Comments

• godzilr1godzilr1 Member UncommonPosts: 550

Originally posted by CenCal

Avoid this game if you are a PvP player, UNLESS you have a guild AND are willing to fork out the cash to be able "compete" with the L55/55 players.

It's that hwo Play to Win's work?

• CenCalCenCal Member Posts: 60

Originally posted by godzilr1

Originally posted by CenCal
    Avoid this game if you are a PvP player, UNLESS you have a guild AND are willing to fork out the cash to be able "compete" with the L55/55 players.
     It's that hwo Play to Win's work?

I am not sure what you mean. Can you pleas explain or expand on your question?
  • kzaskekzaske Member UncommonPosts: 518

After watching my wife play this game for almost six months, I just don't get it.  The graphics are a little better than WoW (in some zones), spell animations are interesting, her flying mount looks good until you look at the dark squares that make up it’s shadow on the ground.  Sometimes the game reminds me of the pixilated Nintendo games of the 1980s other times and places it is almost as clean and smooth as a game or three from around 2003.

But the game play is just horrid.  Even away from towns this game can play like an epileptic slug in the middle of a fit.  I think the game itself is OK (at best) but is it in dire need of an overhaul.  It seems to go through system resources faster than Vanguard did when it was first released and plays half as well.

The lag is consistent; every town becomes a trial of perseverance just to get to where you can sell what passes for drops.  Expect to do the same quest (with a different name of course), over and over again until you are sick of it.

It will not take you long to realize why Frogster’s stock is doing so good; if you want to play you need the item shop. I have lots of complaints about the shop, but for a single player it works.  For a wife wanting to send her hubby a flying mount so that he will play the game with her, it’s don’t work.  For some reason, if you buy diamonds with a credit/debit card; you can not trade them or anything you buy with the diamonds to any other player, period.

• WithdemonWithdemon Member UncommonPosts: 35

Rofl,

I know right...

It's like the say that the item store is there to help the "new" players to speed-up the levels and catch-up to the older players or the players that don't have time to catch-up with the players that play non-stop. The reality is that item store offers and saduces players to buy the items if they want to be STRONG or POPULAR and trust me most, if not all, players want that. This game is not worth the time.

• caelachcaelach Member UncommonPosts: 113

Originally posted by kzaske

After watching my wife play this game for almost six months, I just don't get it.  The graphics are a little better than WoW (in some zones), spell animations are interesting, her flying mount looks good until you look at the dark squares that make up it’s shadow on the ground.  Sometimes the game reminds me of the pixilated Nintendo games of the 1980s other times and places it is almost as clean and smooth as a game or three from around 2003.

But the game play is just horrid.  Even away from towns this game can play like an epileptic slug in the middle of a fit.  I think the game itself is OK (at best) but is it in dire need of an overhaul.  It seems to go through system resources faster than Vanguard did when it was first released and plays half as well.

The lag is consistent; every town becomes a trial of perseverance just to get to where you can sell what passes for drops.  Expect to do the same quest (with a different name of course), over and over again until you are sick of it.

It will not take you long to realize why Frogster’s stock is doing so good; if you want to play you need the item shop. I have lots of complaints about the shop, but for a single player it works.  For a wife wanting to send her hubby a flying mount so that he will play the game with her, it’s don’t work.  For some reason, if you buy diamonds with a credit/debit card; you can not trade them or anything you buy with the diamonds to any other player, period.

Well put. This game has run its course. They sucked some people in at the beginning but the reality is out there for all to see now. It seems merely a tedious cash shop scam. It's rating has steadily dropped as people have become wise to it.

• caelachcaelach Member UncommonPosts: 113

Anybody still wasting time and money on this piece of crap, now that LOTRO has gone f2p?

• metruler1990metruler1990 Member CommonPosts: 14

hmm...

playing? yes.

wasting money? no.

wasting time? bigger no than "are you wasting money".

• AxahazanAxahazan Member UncommonPosts: 2

If you haven't tried RoM yet don't bash it. I laughed at first too. Get into a good guild, learn the fun aspects of the game and draw off of the economy... you don't need to p2p to enjoy yourself.

9 of 10 on this game, compared to what is out there you can not lose.

• game use to be a 9 out of 10. i'd give it negative numbers if i could now. they raped this game in everyway they could. getting worse now too with this 62 level cap garbage. tryin to get every last doller out of the players before it goes under. feel like i wasted a year and half on this. shoulda been playing freekin bingo or something. woulda been more rewarding.

• AxahazanAxahazan Member UncommonPosts: 2

Goes under? With 5 million players? Probably not :/-

I am unsure as to how to respond to your post.... higher level cap + new content and end game raids =.... bad?

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Please do not necro post in old threads. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.